Sign in to follow this  
joshthetree

'ordinary Love' Discussion Thread

Ordinary Love, the song is about the suffering Mandela had to endure when they imprisoned him for fighting for what is right. The feeling of being separated from your family and thinking you will never see them again. But at the same time there's hope...

Ok, I have a silly little ole question...what are people thinking about this: is there any chance this song would be on the new album in any way shape or form, or is it bound to be only on a separate movie soundtrack album? And, earlier, someone said he thinks the full song would be on YouTube soon enough. But the movie won't be in theaters til Nov 29. Things don't leak this early do they?

• Upvote 1

The banner on the front page says written for the soundtrack, but that doesn't necessarily mean it won't be on a new album (consider "Until the End of the World").

• Upvote 1

The banner on the front page says written for the soundtrack, but that doesn't necessarily mean it won't be on a new album (consider "Until the End of the World").

Wow. Thanks KoDe! (I didn't know 1 way or another except I know that things can depend on licensing agreements & have everything to do w/what the companies' agreements are between each other, the record labels, the movie production company, etc.)

The sad thing is I can't really give my opinion on the song as I don't understand anything from the trailer...

• Upvote 1

I just caught the movie trailer. I liked what little you could hear but it's tough to make out the song. The movie looks like it will be a good one.

Hey U2 any chance you'll release the full song so we can hear it all? :D Thanks to u2.com peeps for sharing what you can. 

• Upvote 2

I loved the 50 seconds we could hear of the song. But listen, we are paying a suscription, and it looks like we are paying it just for the gifts. We deserve the whole song at least

Alright. So, the E-mail was destined to get all the fans pumped up, especially the Subscribers (Who PAY) but it was so wrong: 'Something a Bit Special' ??/ Pfffft..it wasn't even a Nano-Bit special...It was so .. 'Ordinary' ...

Edited by pain_18_
  • Upvote 1

yes the sub 'special' was 'ordinary' - maybe they were going for irony ;)

As Gibbo said, if you're all jumping and biting your nails about a 30 second music clip over speech in a movie trailer fully available elsewhere...then you're proving the marketing monkeys right: we deserve what we get

Where's your blog about the Trolls, I can;t find it !!! !!!! I still haven't found what I'm looking for in this 'new' Zoo....

I've played that trailer a few times now and two things....

(1) Can't wait to see that movie looks really well made :)

(2) The new U2 track snippet sounds great :D love it

• Upvote 2

Yeah if you listen to the soundtrack album you get a different version from 'Achtung Baby' it like a demo http://www.u2wanderer.org/disco/movie02.html

But you're right 'North Star' never made it to the 'Transformers' soundtrack and the alternative version of 'Winter' wasn't released either.   :(

But keeping fingers crossed for this one :D

Played that trailer a few times now and the movie looks great.  The snippet of the new song is great but not enough, I want to hear the whole thing, but what I have heard sounds really amazing :P

That was harsh getting everyone wound up for a snippet with talking over it lol. U2.com team must be pissing themselves after this one. Its said 'Subs Spesh' - 'Not To Be Missed', if we didn't know any better you could think it was an announcement of an album or something important. I was expecting something lame and it was, but the song was great what i heard of it

Edited by utwothefly
  • Upvote 2

everything is ok.. great music great movie... but damn!!! we paid for the subscription!!!... we deserve the entire song, it's like a joke... our benefits: see the trailer 2 hours earlier than the rest of the world!!!!!!! common u2.com be serious

Where's your blog about the Trolls, I can;t find it !!! !!!! I still haven't found what I'm looking for in this 'new' Zoo....

I'll write it later :)

I was making Fun of it, Daniel...

You are! But others are indeed thanking the site for this exclusive stuff

Ireally think its about time that u2 start to communicat with their fans. Blog, twitter, facebook, you name it! Been a fan for 23 years now, and i really want some new music. People wont wait forever. The hardcord fans will wait, but whatbabout those who discovered u2 by their last album??? They probably forgot all about u2 a looooong time ago.....

I have had the song stuck in my head this afternoon - it's catchy. I s'pose like a lot of songs made for movies it has to fit the style/theme/mood of the film itself so maybe won't sound like a band's album track as such.

Does the piano bit at the start remind anyone of the beginning of U2/GDay "The Saints Are Coming" followed by Sting's 'free free set them free' in the vocal style?! (or is that just me :wacko: !!)

I have had the song stuck in my head this afternoon - it's catchy. I s'pose like a lot of songs made for movies it has to fit the style/theme/mood of the film itself so maybe won't sound like a band's album track as such.

Does the piano bit at the start remind anyone of the beginning of U2/GDay "The Saints Are Coming" followed by Sting's 'free free set them free' in the vocal style?! (or is that just me :wacko: !!)

U2/GDay "The Saints Are Coming for me .