Sign in to follow this  
joshthetree

'ordinary Love' Discussion Thread

:lol: I was just thinking: there will be people who come here & say: No! Just give us The Album or Nothing at all!

Those who are my friends who will say that, I Do feel for what you're saying but I can't help laughing at that expectation. But hey, yeah - when the time comes that the album is ready, do show us love by giving us a song off the album B4 the album is released.

Nah... I want it all! I'm aiming for the full album to listen to! I'm greedy like that.  :D A song would be nice too yes...  ;)

:D Well, sometimes if you want to reach the top of a tall tree, you have to aim for the moon, right? ;)

just to note that yes, the trailer is available now on youtube / yahoo movies, but that we got it first, nowhere else had it for at least an hour after it was first shown on U2.com. 

Its also true that as soon as anything is released someone whacks it on youtube, not a lot can be done about that, and in this case it was Yahoo movies who had it up officially, about an hour or so after we got it.

At some point, if we do get the full version of the song here, how do you think it should be done? Big announcement, or just release it to members only, no fuss? Email? Twitter? Soundcloud? Would be interesting to know how you all would prefer get the info, if, as and when it drops....

bigwave

when it drops, would be fun to get special email, tweets, Pms....some with an "extra" inside besides the song...like winning a drawing or a door prize!!

• Upvote 2

Just send us, Subscribers, a mail informing us that you're making it available for us to Download !

At some point, if we do get the full version of the song here, how do you think it should be done? Big announcement, or just release it to members only, no fuss? Email? Twitter? Soundcloud? Would be interesting to know how you all would prefer get the info, if, as and when it drops....

Like all U2 music, some we're gonna like, some we're not, so let's not be down on it just because we may not be so keen on the song based on 4 seconds!! We've waited so long for any new music why not make an announcement, email, twitter, soundcloud - the lot - embrace the fact that our favourite band is still here after so many years making music...and just for Bono, still relevant enough to be part of a film about a great and legendary figurehead of our time. 

People can take it or leave it, up to them.

(I'm feeling strangely positive today folks ;) if I'd seen this on grumpy Monday it may have been a whole other answer lol!!!)

Edited by Anjana
  • Upvote 1

At some point, if we do get the full version of the song here, how do you think it should be done?

I'll Pm you my home address so you can send the band to sing it right here for me :D

• Upvote 2

just to note that yes, the trailer is available now on youtube / yahoo movies, but that we got it first, nowhere else had it for at least an hour after it was first shown on U2.com. 

Its also true that as soon as anything is released someone whacks it on youtube, not a lot can be done about that, and in this case it was Yahoo movies who had it up officially, about an hour or so after we got it.

I'm quite happy with what you're already doing cheers :D and will leave that decision to you :P

the sea wants to kiss the golden shore

the sunlight warms your skin
all the beauty thats been lost before
wants to find us again

we can't fall any further
and we can't feel ordinary love
we can not reach any higher
we can't feel this ordinary love

we can't fall any further
and we can't feel ordinary love

woohooohoohooho
woohooohoohooho
ordinary love
ordinary love

Thanks for this Jen. :)

Yeah ta ;)

• Upvote 1

Can you hammer out a hierarchy, maybe with a survey or two to catch people who don't read/write in the forums, to figure out the method of announcement to go with different types of content? So, maybe, for example, if there's a release date announcement or a song sample it just goes on the news page, if it's a full song or maybe the subscriber package it gets an email. That way they could be set as minimums if you don't want to spoil a surprise, and people can take their chances. At your highest level would be the things most people don't want to miss - tour announcement/ticket sales, etc. I'm sure marketing will want anything that potentially involves something to be purchased at the top of the list, while fans may rather have things like pictures of Larry modeling new jeans at the red alert level. 

• Upvote 1

Some of the Pms, emails, tweets, would have a little something, something, inside....

Like the Wonka bar with the Golden Ticket....

Creating even more excitement!!!

• Upvote 1

Can you hammer out a hierarchy, maybe with a survey or two to catch people who don't read/write in the forums, to figure out the method of announcement to go with different types of content? So, maybe, for example, if there's a release date announcement or a song sample it just goes on the news page, if it's a full song or maybe the subscriber package it gets an email. That way they could be set as minimums if you don't want to spoil a surprise, and people can take their chances. At your highest level would be the things most people don't want to miss - tour announcement/ticket sales, etc. I'm sure marketing will want anything that potentially involves something to be purchased at the top of the list, while fans may rather have things like pictures of Larry modeling new jeans at the red alert level. 

larry brand jeans and b-man cologne!!

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not a Vynil it's impossible F*** vinyl format.

What are you doing U2 and what for Cd format,

Wide Awake in Europe and now Ordinary Love and Breathe. It's a shame!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do a Cd now or Bye bye!!!! U2 you are terribly wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As collector item I think it's much interesting on vinyl

I won't fight for the vinyl, I will try the competition hoping it will be an easy one and accessible to everyone on this site...not Fb twitter or anything else ( never heard back for the FTGU competition for subs only :sad: )

I am disappointed. I realize vinyl is good for collectors, but I'm not that kind of collector, I want the music to listen to, not a record that will probably sit somewhere and collect dust. No offense to the people who do collect vinyls. I'd really like this song on a CD, just like I really wanted Wide Awake in Europe to be on a CD. Awesome songs, but I'm not spending that much money on vinyls that I can't even listen to. Hopefully Ordinary Love will be on the new album, but I would think if it's being released like this probably not.

U2 already said they won't be releasing any more CD singles so I am not surprised it is not being released in this format.

No one buys them anymore, so a digital iTunes release would be nice if we get it.

If not, guess I will have to try hard to get it on vinyl if I can, if I can't there is always YouTube to enjoy it on...

U2 already said they won't be releasing any more CD singles so I am not surprised it is not being released in this format.

No one buys them anymore, so a digital iTunes release would be nice if we get it.

If not, guess I will have to try hard to get it on vinyl if I can, if I can't there is always YouTube to enjoy it on...

They said they would never play "Sunday Bloody Sunday" after Rattle and Hum too.  :P

I'm sure if the record company thought they could make money off a CD single, they would release it.

I'm not too excited about the Black Friday release though.  There are a couple of stores participating in my area, but I doubt they will carry the U2 one.  I would love to have it, but I don't know how I'm going to get it. 

Yes I would love a copy but like the vast majority of u2.com paid subscribers I have no chance of getting one ......but on Nov 30th they will be all over ebay! .....I could win one on u2.com (ha,ha).......come on u2 look after the fans

I'm not too excited about the Black Friday release though.  There are a couple of stores participating in my area, but I doubt they will carry the U2 one.  I would love to have it, but I don't know how I'm going to get it. 

Mich... contact me via FB if you want one. ;)

I'll be so upset if it's the new subscription gift bc I already just suscribed and got the same gift package again which means I would miss out

I'll be upset IF the new subscription package will be in Vinyl format  'cause I will NOT be able to listen to it !!!

Edited by pain_18_

Does anybody know of a site doing pre orders in the uk?

It's only suppose to be available in the US. 

Does anybody know of a site doing pre orders in the uk?

It's only suppose to be available in the US.

I'm sure it said there's 10,000 copies, 6,500 of them are available in America the rest are for the rest of the world.

there are huge fans all over the world.

isnt record store day or black friday or what ever you want to call it

International?