Sign in to follow this  
febottini

Rattle And Hum At 25: An Interview With Dennis Bell

It's one of the most memorable scenes in Rattle And Hum: U2, arguably the biggest band in the world at the time, walks into a small Harlem church with just a guitar and amp, Bono's arm in a sling, and meets a choir made up of high school students and professional singers that was organized by the man directing them, Dennis Bell. Together, they transform U2's "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" from chart-topping pop hit to goose bumps-inducing gospel song.

10417450426_56b35c4b6d_n.jpg

MOD EDIT : click to read full story t: http://www.atu2.com/news/rattle-and-hum-at-25-an-interview-with-dennis-bell.html

• Upvote 1

U2.com (the official website) gives us a snippet of a preview of a movie, with a song playing in the background for less than a minute. meh....

Matt McGee and @U2 give us an interview with the Harlem choir director and never before seen pictures from the Rattle and Hum era.  Thank you Matt McGee and @U2.  I loved this!  Keep up your awesome work!

The full version of the song that didn't make it into the movie.

Again, thanks, Matt and @U2 for the link.

just a note to say I swapped link to full article instead of the full article content, in the interests of fairness to @u2, & would encourage everyone to visit and read it.

BW - Alright. It´s a very nice interview and I thought it was interesting to share with everyone.

Mich - "To take the initiative". That´s the difference.

Thanks Fe! Something about that photograph. How great it would be to be able to live a creative life like that, huh? A creative community or group of artists exploring & bringing different ideas/concepts to life. Together, they're more than the sum of their parts. :)