Sign in to follow this  
Malahide

Ordinary Love News & Rumours (Merged)

"Ordinary Love," U2's contribution to the Mandela: Long Walk To Freedom soundtrack, may be available for a full listen in one week, writes atU2.com.

The Irish Times is reporting that the full version of "Ordinary Love" will be available on U2.com and YouTube beginning on October 30th. That's the only such report we're aware of, and I don't see any confirmation on U2.com at the moment.

The song premiered last week in a new trailer for the Mandela film, but it only includes about one minute of the song.

http://www.atu2.com/news/report-full-version-of-ordinary-love-coming-october-30.html

http://www.irishtimes.com/culture/video-new-u2-song-ordinary-love-part-of-mandela-biopic-1.1569554

• Upvote 4

It's such an exclusive that even u2.com is not aware of :P

:lol: hmm

Even if it gets posted ..it's not enough..For the Non-Subscribers just the full song streaming on the Home-Page and for US...we want the FREE Subscribers-Only Download !!!

Edited by pain_18_

But still...another site (ore other media-support) is up to date with U2.com-things that U2.com isn't !

Edited by pain_18_

If it's true it's an exclusive of The Irish Times, not atU2.com.

True dat but I'm with pain18. We have to laugh in order not to cry at the joke this site is

• Upvote 2

I have to confess this is strange for me.

Who gave the information to the Irish Times? U2´s PR, PM, Live Nation... ? If it´s true, why those people prefer to give this info to the press instead of U2.com? In my opinion, it should be exactly the opposite. U2 official website should be a priority... then they could spread the news to the all press.

Maybe U2.com team isn´t aware of it, maybe they just don´t know what´s going on with U2. There are a lot of criticism about U2.com but it seems the problem is not here, it´s 'above'.

Sorry, I was just wondering about it. I know I´m an ordinary person and people who work to U2 are great and have much more experience than me, but anyone can see there is something wrong. The communication among all U2 staff should be better.

• Upvote 1

if this news not on U2.com, then its not official. Sometimes stuff gets leaked, sometimes people speculate (and get lucky), sometimes press prints stuff they have been asked not to, who knows... 

So, until we see anything announced on the main page  then its not official news. I am sure we will get to know something definite pretty soon though.

Thanks for posting Oswaldo. Just to let you know, though, Malahide created a post about this under the 'U2 News & Rumors' section & this is what bigwave said about it there:

"if this news not on U2.com, then its not official. Sometimes stuff gets leaked, sometimes people speculate (and get lucky), sometimes press prints stuff they have been asked not to, who knows... 

So, until we see anything announced on the main page  then its not official news. I am sure we will get to know something definite pretty soon though."

Well, according to experience, U2.com is NOT the primary source of U2 news. We are mostly informed of bits and pieces of interviews elsewhere. There is no clear communication between the band and their fan base, which is sad.

• Upvote 2

Correct me if im wrong but are there now two threads about this or is this deja vous  :huh:

Correct me if im wrong but are there now two threads about this or is this deja vous  :huh:

merged now...

Well, according to experience, U2.com is NOT the primary source of U2 news. We are mostly informed of bits and pieces of interviews elsewhere. There is no clear communication between the band and their fan base, which is sad.

Yup ! True !

Record Store Day Brand new music from a little band out of Ireland. 10" vinyl coming to indie record shops around the world starting on 11/29.

1396040_10153356325690276_594219673_n.jp

Thanks to acrobat269 @ u2place.com
Edited by monica martino

Two brand new tracks from U2. Side A written for the upcoming Mandela: Long Walk To Freedom film soundtrack.

"Ordinary Love"/"Breath"