Sign in to follow this  
Malahide

Ordinary Love News & Rumours (Merged)

Breath as second track? If it's the one we already know I dunno how thay can say 2 new brand tracks :unsure:

EDIT that was Breathe...oooooops

Edited by monica martino

Breath as second track? If it's the one we already know I dunno how thay can say 2 new brand tracks :unsure:

EDIT that was Breathe...oooooops

I´m not sure.

That is written in the website.

It can be the new version of the song which was used in the documentary Miracle Rising: South Africa.

The source is here: Record Store Day

Oh great another vinyl for a U2 fan who no longer has a record player :angry: I'll have to file that one under Wide Awake in Europe :rolleyes:

• Upvote 2

Oh great another vinyl for a U2 fan who no longer has a record player :angry: I'll have to file that one under Wide Awake in Europe :rolleyes:

Or for a U2 fan who's never actually had a record player in the first place...here, take my arrow.

• Upvote 1

Or for a U2 fan who's never actually had a record player in the first place...here, take my arrow.

:lol:  oh dear, I don't have one either

So the idea is that many in Africas developing nations, who have imported the developed worlds unwanted record players, have the opportunity to listen to this music proudly in environments that I cant imagine re; poverty and 'dont have it'?

That's my take on it....

What an absolutely wonderful idea to bring this out on vinyl. The developed world will access it online anyway,so no big deal.

• Upvote 1

U2's new song, "Ordinary Love," will be available as a 10-inch vinyl release on November 29th. That's according to the Record Store Day website, which lists it among a long list of "special releases" that'll be available on Black Friday, usually the busiest shopping day of the year. On their Facebook page, the folks at RSD also say it'll be available at "indie record shops around the world."

The RSD website link above says that there's a song called "Breath" on side B of the vinyl. That could be a misprint and should say "Breathe," or it could be the correct name for the alternate version of "Breathe" that U2 originally wrote with Nelson Mandela in mind and was included in a documentary about South Africa earlier this year. Or it could be something else altogether.

In any case, mark your calendars for November 29 and find your nearest indie record store if this is something you want for your U2 collection.

As for the song itself, "Ordinary Love" is part of the soundtrack for the upcoming filmMandela: Long Walk To Freedom. It's also rumored to premiere tomorrow (October 30) on YouTube and U2.com, but there's still no confirmation of that.

(thx to Chris for the tip on Twitter)

• Upvote 1

Hopefully I can get this record in New Zealand but it will probably not be released here like most things!!!

Hopefully I can get this record in New Zealand but it will probably not be released here like most things!!!

I read that it would be only 10.000 copies.

So I guess it will be hard for those who don´t live in USA/Europe.

We should enter the competition.

• Upvote 1

U2 is being featured on the soundtrack to the movie as well, which is being released on CD on November 25 in the US.  Amazon.com haven't confirmed what U2 track is on the soundtrack yet, but it would only make sense that it's "Ordinary Love".

Getting WAIE was agony! trapsing round my hometown all day!, it's about going to your local record store and not ordering in like a lazy fat porker. Worth checking your local store to see if they are in for the Black Friday or you could be travelling some distance to get one as some won't send out.

According to the site below and the blog they refer to the B-side of the vinyl release

of Ordinary Love could be indeed an alternate version of Breathe.

http://www.alancross.ca/a-journal-of-musical-things/2013/10/30/possible-hint-of-upcoming-u2-b-side.html

http://davewainscott.blogspot.ca/2011/02/early-mandela-themed-versions-of.html

I read that it would be only 10.000 copies.

So I guess it will be hard for those who don´t live in USA/Europe.

We should enter the competition.

Since we are members shouldn't we get first choice on buying it!!!

• Upvote 1

Absolutely support idea to give paid members chance to pre-order this 10", prior to anyone else. No matter where you come from! Can you hear our cry U2?

This is Bad..I don't own a record player and that says it all !

The other track is Breathe (Mandela Version), I think the lyrics to this version are on the first page of the hardback book of NOLTH Box-Set Edition !

Hello, hello, do you know where we can make the pre-order of the vinyl?

I don't have as well the player, but I am a U2 collector so interested in everything!

All the best

I think you can only get it from participating Record Stores in store. But call before you as not every shop gets stock of every Vinyl.

Its a longshot I know :P but...

Does somebody know where I could buy it in the Netherlands somewhere around Overijssel or Limburg?