Sign in to follow this  
Oswaldo_S

U2 Management Bought By Giant Ln According To Ny Times

Oh and one more thing I only did the GA and a few multiple show this tour(bear in mind i've been following the band live for 30 years next year)

Only used to do one,but anyway doing the GA this time round was a great experience you should actually try it before coming out with blanket statements.

It was part of the whole day/great experience meeting people from around the world,sharing stories,food and beer and have made quite a few good friends due to the fact of queueing up most of the day.

But you keep paying over the odds if that's your bag,I know which suits me fine.

Edited by gibbo1968
  • Upvote 3

I don't mind paying the $ for the seat on the floor if that is how it ends up and I want to see them again.  It will keep the traveling trolls at bay as they will not be able to afford 20 shows at $300+ for an up front seat and I rather like that :)

This has to be the most stupidest comment i've heard for a long time.

I completely agree Gibbo. My head hurts after reading that comment.

So, swanny66, what is exactly the problem you have with the "traveling trolls"?

I am concerned if Mac was leaving because of the direction U2 were going and he was not in agreement?  Or that he is indeed tired of the whole thing and wanting to ride off into the sunset instead of worrying about tours and the like.  Either way, I will miss the guy a bit.  he helped guide U2 to be what they are….megastars.

The issue with Livenation and ticket prices is a real threat.  But to all those pining for $50 GAs….I remember going to Zoo, JT, Popmart, War shows with floor seats bought through Propaganda.  That has been going on for longer than most have been going to U2 shows or else their memory is selective.  Personally, I would prefer it and it will stop all this nonsense waiting outside forever and cliques of douchebags to get up front for the 50th time.  I don't mind paying the $ for the seat on the floor if that is how it ends up and I want to see them again.  It will keep the traveling trolls at bay as they will not be able to afford 20 shows at $300+ for an up front seat and I rather like that :)

Wow.....really?  Douchebags?  Traveling Trolls?

So I guess what you're sayin' is that I'm a douchebag and a traveling troll...

my Zootop friends are douchebags and traveling trolls

....oh wait....let's not stop there....

Baja, our Admin, is a also a douchebag and a traveling troll.

Not very smart there dude.

I seem to recall Bono asking the people in the front row at Moncton, you know their last show, asking the fans how many times they've seen the band during the 360 tour...and they were all smiles and were very impressed and happy with their traveling trolls' and douchebags' numbers.

Also, do you know why Bono and the gang don't want rich people sitting down in the front rows?

It's because those people are boring.

I wonder what that makes you?

I don't mind paying the $ for the seat on the floor if that is how it ends up and I want to see them again.  It will keep the traveling trolls at bay as they will not be able to afford 20 shows at $300+ for an up front seat and I rather like that :)

You don't mind paying $300.00 and more for sitting?  why not shell out $50.00 for a subscription to the zoo and sit at home listening to shows streamed on line.  let the people who want to give energy to the band and get it back from them enjoy the concerts live

• Upvote 1

I am concerned if Mac was leaving because of the direction U2 were going and he was not in agreement?  Or that he is indeed tired of the whole thing and wanting to ride off into the sunset instead of worrying about tours and the like.  Either way, I will miss the guy a bit.  he helped guide U2 to be what they are….megastars.

The issue with Livenation and ticket prices is a real threat.  But to all those pining for $50 GAs….I remember going to Zoo, JT, Popmart, War shows with floor seats bought through Propaganda.  That has been going on for longer than most have been going to U2 shows or else their memory is selective.  Personally, I would prefer it and it will stop all this nonsense waiting outside forever and cliques of douchebags to get up front for the 50th time.  I don't mind paying the $ for the seat on the floor if that is how it ends up and I want to see them again.  It will keep the traveling trolls at bay as they will not be able to afford 20 shows at $300+ for an up front seat and I rather like that :)

I seem to recall Bono asking the people in the front row at Moncton, you know their last show, asking the fans how many times they've seen the band during the 360 tour...and they were all smiles and were very impressed and happy with their traveling trolls' and douchebags' numbers.

Also, do you know why Bono and the gang don't want rich people sitting down in the front rows?

Yep they love their "douchebag traveling trolls" and I'm proud to be one of them.  They connect with us.  And if on the off-chance, GA does change and they have seats, I will still be there up and dancing and singing.

Maybe someone who wants to buy a front row seat and just sit should just wait for the concert DVD of the tour.

Oh and one more thing I only did the GA and a few multiple show this tour(bear in mind i've been following the band live for 30 years next year)

Only used to do one,but anyway doing the GA this time round was a great experience you should actually try it before coming out with blanket statements.

It was part of the whole day/great experience meeting people from around the world,sharing stories,food and beer and have made quite a few good friends due to the fact of queueing up most of the day.

But you keep paying over the odds if that's your bag,I know which suits me fine.

I am a bit in the same boat in that it will be 30 years this coming May when I saw my first U2 show.  Nearly missed my HS graduation to see them!  And it was a GA show in a theatre.  As well as seeing them every tour since (except UF as I was broke in college).  I have done the GAs since Pop as they did not have GA's then as stated before.  And I traveled myself to Montreal last year so you could say I am a traveling troll if you like.  But before lumping me into that statement, please note that I meant things like multiple GA lines starting, line nazis, the arguing, etc.  People who thought THEY ran the GA line and what not.  I never had any issues with those people but saw what they did to others and when learning of their traveling to 20+ shows and doing the same…..that would be a traveling troll in my original description.  If that fits you then that is exactly the person(s) it was targeted to because they ruined more than a few people's shows.  Did not ruin mine but they did ruin others because of the clique-ness and treatment of others.  To me, not very U2-esque.  

For Allegra….I am glad rich people are boring.  Because you are paying $ to see a bunch of boring rich men I guess!  Not a smart comment.  It is easy paying for $300 tickets when not paying for airline tickets, hotels, meals, multiple GAs.  That is simple math and you don't have to be rich to figure that out (which I am not).  And if you read my original statement, you would have read that when I was young and poor through Propaganda I had seats on the floor up front.  I was not old and rich but young and poor…..up front……seated.  Your blanket statement is ridiculous….especially after I was standing right next to part of the Buffett family in the ellipse in Omaha…….in GA.  I face palm this because you are the person judging Bono/band members on how they look, dress, etc. in many posts.  Very superficial and judgmental of the band and now me based off of a comment.  An ugly person to me.  Especially dragging a mod into the convo to try and show ….what exactly?!  Ass kissing gets you nowhere with me.  

And to Angel……I do shell out $50 for a subscription.  What I choose to do with it is my own choice.  I did not realize I ever said in here that a person buying a subscription should do this or that.

Overall, it seems that some are pretty sensitive to the troll comment.  If you fit the criteria in the first paragraph which is who it was meant to be aimed at in the first place, feel free to be included.  if not then you can ignore it and know you are most likely a good human being who takes other peoples feelings into consideration, respects the time they spent in line, and did not act like a douchebag.  Feel free to drag me through the mud for having more respect for a human than a place in a GA line.

Yep they love their "douchebag traveling trolls" and I'm proud to be one of them.  They connect with us.  And if on the off-chance, GA does change and they have seats, I will still be there up and dancing and singing.

Maybe someone who wants to buy a front row seat and just sit should just wait for the concert DVD of the tour.

Please quote in my statement where I said I would be seated?  That is right …..nowhere.  Glad to see your reading skills are right up there…..because you obviously did not read the post you quoted about people with seats up front being rich and boring….which is exactly what you stated you would do if there as no GA.  

Edited by swanny66

Please quote in my statement where I said I would be seated?  That is right …..nowhere.  Glad to see your reading skills are right up there…..because you obviously did not read the post you quoted about people with seats up front being rich and boring….which is exactly what you stated you would do if there as no GA.  

Um, did I say "Swanny" in my post? No, I don't think so. I was quoting and commenting to Allegra, who just happen to be quoting you.  So I don't find it very appropriate for you to be commenting on my reading skills.

Also, my comment, which by the way, did it say "Swanny?" was based on what I saw a good number of the Red ticket buyers doing.  Spent lots of money on those tickets just to sit there.

Edited by mich40

Sorry Mich…..just saw my quote in there.  I don't even know what 'red tickets' are to be honest.  I never went to that extent of deciphering who was doing what with what ticket colors.  I just went to the shows, sat in GA line, and observed the arguing ;)

On the other hand, Swanny (yes I did say it this time), I do agree with you that there were douchebag trolls in the GA lines.  Specifically the Chicago show in 2011, trying to start lines when there was already a line.  It also happened in Atlanta in 2009.  But I played by the rules, so I am not a traveling troll now that you have made it more clear as to what you were talking about.

Sorry Mich…..just saw my quote in there.  I don't even know what 'red tickets' are to be honest.  I never went to that extent of deciphering who was doing what with what ticket colors.  I just went to the shows, sat in GA line, and observed the arguing ;)

It's alright.

I don't want everyone to think I was lumping everyone together, because I was not.  I traveled last tour to Montreal2 and know I will not this tour if they have expensive floor tickets (and the show would have to land on a weekend for work obligations) or if they do not play around here.  Thanks for understanding and accepting my apology.

Yes, I traveled to several shows on the last tour. I call it my midlife crisis tour bc that was the first time I had seen them more than twice on a tour since ZooTV. Next tour will all depend on ticket prices, when and where.

Yes, I traveled to several shows on the last tour. I call it my midlife crisis tour bc that was the first time I had seen them more than twice on a tour since ZooTV. Next tour will all depend on ticket prices, when and where.

:lol: The next tour ill be my mid life crisis tour...hit an iceberg in my life 'n all that!!

:lol: The next tour ill be my mid life crisis tour...hit an iceberg in my life 'n all that!!

They should keep the GA and they should have tickets at average (medium)  prices ... most of the world is in recession...Of course there will always be riches to attend the concerts but normal people will not always be able to go...You can't sing in front of 3 or so people...it's preposterous !!!

Edited by pain_18_

They should keep the GA and they should have tickets at average (medium)  prices ... most of the world is in recession...Of course there will always be riches to attend the concerts but normal people will not always be able to go...You can't sing in front of 3 or so people...it's preposterous !!!

We were in a recession last tour and look where the prices were.  Right now, the $ is in tours and not album sales.  LN will try and bleed us however they can is what I suspect.  The only way to get them to drop is poor ticket sales which is not happening for the bigger acts.  

I started saving during the last tour for the next one!! 

Pain, I love your comment that "you can't sing in front of 3 people" - I can just picture it!! :lol:

Pain, I love your comment that "you can't sing in front of 3 people" - I can just picture it!! :lol:

For all we know, they should sing in front of us and Ana-SpanishEyes, Janette...

For all we know, they should sing in front of us and Ana-SpanishEyes, Janette...

ahhhh the 'intimate' gig Bono promised years ago lol

Larry's lap is mine tho ;)

I don't think so..... :angry:

Don't make me go all psycho ninja on you like I did when Jo Wiley was going all googly eyed over him. :ph34r:

Edited by mich40

Boy I long for the days of Propaganda where you got your form, mailed in your money and got your tickets. With change comes uncertainly hopefully these fears will be replaced with tears of joy. One can only hope.. right?