Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bigwave

Zoo Vinyl Competition - 25 Copies Of Ordinary Love To Giveaway!

I took the picture below myself, and I cannot stop thinking that this couple are looking for the beauty they (over time) have lost, and that they are looking in the wrong direction. Instead of just looking inside themselves they travel the world to find it. 

post-362851-0-60617900-1386006398_thumb.jpg

My interpretation of OL with screenshots from U2 videos.

The problem is that youtube removed the song because of coyright.

Mods, is there another way to send you the video or to upload it?

I suggest you to play the song on your itunes at the same time you watch the video on youtube. It worked for me and I can garantee that the images fit perfectly to the song.

My grandfather reminding a real love, my grandmother, yesterday in a train going back home. In the moment that I took the photo, i don't think twice. The words "But time leaves us polished stones / We can't fall any further / If we can't feel ordinary love" came in my head like an emotional need. #U2OrdinaryLove @u2 @U2Community
(I had to edit because the image link went off the air and had to switch) 

1396558_631887846850575_2014418650_n.jpg

"The sea wants to kiss the golden shore

The sunlight warms your skin..."

My twist on the lyrics portrays a literal expression of "Ordinary Love." The painting is water color on newspaper. I chose this medium because the newspaper begins to deteriorate and tear making this pleasing expression of love look old and weathered which leads into the next line in song.

"All the beauty that's been lost before"

Wants to find us again"

post-581091-0-96165500-1386047465_thumb.jpg

fab fab stuff so far, just an update (I know I said no chat thread but this is a request) - can you also post your entry up in Zoo Galleries (on your gallery page) so I can feature them on the Zoo Front Page and elsewhere.

cheers

BW (keep em comin'!)