Sign in to follow this  
febottini

Spider-Man Broadway Musical To Close In January, Move To Vegas

"Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark" will end its Broadway run in January, a spokesman said on Monday, and the popular musical is set to move to Las Vegas.

The show, the most expensive staged on Broadway, had a rocky start in 2010 with cast injuries during high-wire stunts and opening night delays.

"We are excited to report that the next destination for SPIDER-MAN will be the entertainment capital of the world: Las Vegas," Rick Miramontez, a spokesman for the show, said in an email to Reuters.

The Broadway show will close in January, he said, and further details will be announced in the coming weeks.

The show was also embroiled in legal disputes after Tony-winning director Julie Taymor, of "The Lion King," was fired from the production in March 2011. Taymor reached an agreement with the show's producers this year.

The musical, based on one of Marvel Comic's most famous heroes, cost more than $70 million to bring to the stage and includes music by Bono and The Edge. It routinely brings in more than $1 million a week at the box office.

However, the Wall Street Journal reported on Monday that the show has been running below its breakeven point for weeks, even though it is among the top shows in attendance figures.

• Upvote 2

No! My son was hoping to see it on a trip to NY in June. Oh well.... Guess I don't have to be jealous now. Although he will be disappointed.

I know something more: Mary Jane went to court because the Green Goblin is repeatedly  trying to stop her and her friends from entering the Chrysler Building. He stands in their way in the hall, and he shouts like the mad monster he is, saying they've not payed their tickets to enter! They have been bearing his coercion for years! What a penance! Mary Jane had two witnesses and was accompanied by the lawyer of Spiderman. The judge got furious because the Green Goblin started laughing in the middle of the trial!! He doesnt respect, and then he acted a great part with cocrodile tears! "They are all lying!" he said :lol:

Mary Jane and her friends just want to have fun and practice a dance in the Chrysler Building!

Edited by tan_lejos_tan_cerca
  • Upvote 1

CAM! That is the strangest post I have ever read u post! :lol: I'm laughing my head off because I don't know what the heck you're talking about - what the heck u mean! :lol:  (Which is kind of cute.)  Are you:

a )  making this up for fun,

b )  sharing w/ us a nightmare you had,

c )  telling us something you read or heard somewhere - but something's being left out of the story,

d )  talking about something having to do w/an inside joke that other people here might understand but I don't?

e )  or maybe you're pulling a joke on all of us - maybe just waiting to see if anyone will ask what that's all about?

Etc. :D

CAM! That is the strangest post I have ever read u post! :lol: I'm laughing my head off because I don't know what the heck you're talking about - what the heck u mean! :lol:  (Which is kind of cute.)  Are you:

a )  making this up for fun,

b )  sharing w/ us a nightmare you had,

c )  telling us something you read or heard somewhere - but something's being left out of the story,

d )  talking about something having to do w/an inside joke that other people here might understand but I don't?

e )  or maybe you're pulling a joke on all of us - maybe just waiting to see if anyone will ask what that's all about?

Etc. :D

They're not tickets, really. Ant the Green Goblin is a female monster, in fact. She said they've not payed the monthly payment for using the facilities of the Chrylsler building business. But they have the bank statement receipt! She just wanted the cash... :lol:

I became delirious and I was just havin a little bit of fun  :D  

• Upvote 1

I hope it will move to europe soon, I love musicals and I would be happy to see it!

I got to see Spiderman last summer and I'm so glad that we went when we did!  It was great.  I was hoping to see it again, but I guess that wont' be happening now.  Sad to see it leave NYC.  I hope it does well in Vegas.

Had chance to see it Aug 2012, great, even tho'...too U2 :)

Vegas will be a perfect second house for the show!

Never saw it, it's more expensive than a U2 show MINUS the band and the experience

I don't regret it. gluck in Vegas Spidey

I know something more: Mary Jane went to court because the Green Goblin is repeatedly  trying to stop her and her friends from entering the Chrysler Building. He stands in their way in the hall, and he shouts like the mad monster he is, saying they've not payed their tickets to enter! They have been bearing his coercion for years! What a penance! Mary Jane had two witnesses and was accompanied by the lawyer of Spiderman. The judge got furious because the Green Goblin started laughing in the middle of the trial!! He doesnt respect, and then he acted a great part with cocrodile tears! "They are all lying!" he said :lol:

Mary Jane and her friends just want to have fun and practice a dance in the Chrysler Building!

I wanna know what happened to that rich blonde: Felicia Hardy !

I wanna know what happened to that rich blonde: Felicia Hardy !

I don't know but the Joker was absolved of any sentence due a lack of evidence despite it was confirmed he caused trouble with some good citizens.   <_< Viewers will have to wait after the advertisement to see if he burns Gotham or not during the end of years party.

So the joker entered in a shop business and decided to rob it. He first got all the money at the till and some objects, and he noted down everything in a long list, but in his first estimation he thought that it was not enough and it was a cheap robbery. So he decided to rob the rest of the items, while writing a second list of the objects, until it reached the very high value of 480.000 Gotham City dollars. The Joker even decided to include in the list the chess board of the shop's owner, which he had put in a shelf to play with his kids while they were waiting there until it was basketball lesson time. "It is mine", the astonished owner said. "I brought it from Russia". "The Joker has crowned himself"

It's incredible but the Green Goblin continues causing even bigger trouble, in the presence of an even larger number of witnesses of all ages. People can't believe it! Some are naturally nervous and confused but luckily, it seems that the time is coming for him. Mary Jane blows him off and decides to continue the dance party in the Chrysler Building so she is telling people to come and follow her.

Later she phones Spiderman who later comes to meet her - it turns out both have some battle wounds, and he says they have to go and heal them. He brings a special beverage and says they need to drink it daily to get the strenght they need to the next battle. In the street the lights twinkle - it's christmas after all  :)

After delaying as much as he can his departure, we've been told that the Green Goblin continues with a collection he started amongst wealthy dupes to get 240 000 bucks to finance his crusade against Spiderman. Every time Mary Jane shows up at the street where the Green Goblin is, he says WHERE ARE YOU GOING and he calls her INSOLENT and ROGUE and more, and Spiderman tells her that the Green Goblin is going to give her some blows!  :wacko:  :lol: can you believe it. Will the Green Goblin get away with it? Will Spiderman and Mary Jane have to move their activitties to another place...??? We don't know... Until next episode february the 4th. That day we will know how big the Goblin artillery is (or how big he pretends it to be)

Do you think it was over?? Today, the Green Goblin supposedly stole the boots of Mary Jane leaving her barefoot. Not a surprise taking into account that once, he threw all the clothes of Peter Parker to the skip, the only time he showed up in that street

A few were showing their discomfort with that "critical" Mary Jane and they wanted to shut her mouth about the Green Goblin because they knew she was spreading the news. They possibly thought it was better to be defeated by him?

Tomorrow it's the day-D. Spiderman and the green goblin are fighting a duel. We really don't know what's going to happen. We don't know the goblin's cards. IS THIS THE END??

It turned out that the green goblin appeared with a secret weapon and destroyed the allied forces. He took control of the chrysler building. With much trouble, Spiderman and his team went to take out historic items, artworks and other equipment they wanted to save. Now they have moved their headquarters to a friend's little place, and they have chosen another strategic place to do their complementary activities.

Spiderman had a plan B: he is looking forward to move the team to a specific building with specific fighting equipment with the help of the city's leaders and a project was designed for that some time ago. Also, he possibly will take control soon of a macro building, much much bigger than the chrysler building, that is going to be open soon in the city, for complementary activities. 

Meanwhile, Spiderman is ill as it was a hard blow. :(

Spiderman has to visit a scientist to heal his wounds because he's exausted and coughing after the battle. He is devastated because he thinks he should have fought and go into competing with the green goblin. He feels too bound to the chrysler building... He said that all his allies were telling him to be careful and not to assume a high risk. He feels he shouldn't have listened to them, but he says he was exhausted after such a long time and he gave up. Mary Jane is also sad but she tells him to look ahead and to the future, because he shouldn't allow the green goblin to continue stealing his strenght anymore. And who knows, maybe he can return and recover the chrysler building very soon, when the green goblin has finished his provisions and is alone and beaten. Spiderman realises that maybe what he did was smart, but it broke his heart and he's sorry.

Interesting. Tonight, Mary Jane by chance met the couple who owns a bookshop in the neighbourhood. They had no idea about what happened to Spiderman and Mary Jane, they didn't know the story. This couple "live" all the time in the bookshop and in a close bar in the street. By chance, the bookshop owner recently witnessed in the bar at least 3 extrange meetings. At that time, he felt these meetings were really weird. In the meetings were present these disparate characters:

-The green goblin

-The president of the neighbours association of the building of Mary Jane (he is a gangster with a moustache specialized in seizures who has a consultant's office to cover his ilegal activity)

- A millionaire mafia member who controls a very big copy shop and other businesses

- A killer who pretends to be a physiotherapist and has a establishment just next-door, stuck to the chrysler building

We know that the gangster of the moustache was the one who built the secret weapon that the green goblin used. It doubled the power of Spiderman. But isn't it weird that the ganster put so much effort into that???

What is happening here???? What are the others doing??????????

What is Mary Jane going to do with the moustache man when she meets him at the garage???????????????????????

What's the matter with the chrysler building???? It is possible there's a hidden treasure in it and that's why these characters have appeared on stage.

It's very dirty what they plan to do in one of the city's institutions walking all over the citizens just to take the treasure

Mary Jane, Spiderman and their team have to make a quiet inquiry first and then start a military campaign

They don't see her but they will they going to remember MARY JANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After the battle, Mary Jane has got smarter and stronger and now she is ready to catch up with  her friends, send some letters, retake her life and do new things. She is going to get on with it.

The green goblin has disappeared from stage but it turns out that apart from the destruction, he didn't pay a penny of his debts yet, so people all around the city are wainting to see their money.

Meanwhile, some suspicious characters are making extrange moves. It is a weird gang who get their strenght from the fact that they lead an army of fighter kids, to whom they personally train. Their method is tyrannical and their techniques are rudimentary and the kids have grown in that environment, though a lot of them don't have their brain washed. They've been settled in the city since a long time ago, and they've been involved in a long list of little crimes and troubles all the time. The last thing was that they laughed at the death of Mary Jane's allies, and they also sent veiled threats. They have nothing to do with the green goblin, in fact they fought big fights with him. But they envy Spidermans powers and Mary jane just has had the distressing suspicion that they are secretly waiting Spiderman to dissapear forever, to get complete control of the city. She knows she has to fly over the danger and she has learnt which are the suburbs where she has to be alert ... She has told Spiderman about them, she realised about their true interests from the beginning, and he's a little angry and suspicious too.

Mary Janed received an encoded message from a friend and he told her not to worry. She is so glad to know her allies are getting close...