Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zhivvy

R.i.p. Mandela | Mandela Extrodinary Man [MERGED]

febottini    225

So sad!

A great loss to the world. And as U2 fans we´re so connected to him too.

Rest in peace Madiba!

Anjana    381

I feel so very sad tonight, I suppose we knew it was coming but I just kept hoping it wouldn't be. Such a lifetime's journey and a strength of character that is rare to see in a modern leader, a great man of his time.  Goodbye Nelson Mandela, "a man who bent the arc of history towards justice". I will miss your smile, your forgiving wisdom and dignified grace. Rest on the breeze.

Mandela-Marathon-1.jpg

mylifeline    48

Wow such an Extrodinary man.

His spirit and influence will remain alive from a smile given to a 'stranger' in the street to the peaceful determination for justice and equality regardless of race, religion or politics of tolerance.

Pay his life forward with your thoughts and actions.

U2LAWoman    68

Very sad day for the world and U2 fans. No suffering at last. May his loved ones find peace. May God Bless his soul and his grieving loved ones. This man really fought hard to keep alive.

shirley2010    8

Ordinary Love becomes all the more poignant on hearing this news.  Nelson Mandela day will always be the day you started on your greatest journey. 2013 December 5th.  We will celebrate your amazing journey on Earth, the path you walked, your humble greatness, your magnificent memory will remain with us, your spirit will forever reside in the hearts of those who are struggling against oppression. Enjoy your vacation - you deserve it. xxxoooxxx

Frankaz    93

Fantastic man. Real shame... the world is so full of "fake" politicians these days - very few of them stand up for what they believe in.

Lori2    2

Why do people think Mandela was good?

South Africa is more lawless and less Prosperous for everyone now because of HIS IDEOLOGY and policies.  I mean he was a communist.  He could have been out of jail many times sooner than when he was.  All he had to do was say no to terror, he wouldn't.  I saw this comment from someone in SA.

I grew up through all of this. Yes, I was against racism and the whole set up of racial discrimination. However, the Communists and Mandela and his wife in with them, went out to put down the entire structure of Government in South Africa, Mandala and his wife were guilty of some of the most evil atrocious crimes against humanity I ever observed in my life. I saw the films and evil first hand. Mandala's wife put car tires around the necks of people and lit them on fire and killed them. They dug holes in the ground and made people stand in them and then covered them up and let ants and vermin come and eat the human beings to death after putting honey and syrup on their heads and faces. This was the true Mandala. What a bunch of illiterate punks we have on even Fox News who don't know or keep up with truth and facts! Then of course, the total discrimination by the Communist Black party members like Mandala who took all of the farms and the owned farms at that by the White citizens. They stole the property from them totally and pushed them all out! So that is o.k. for them to be evil, for them to hate whites, for them to kill and torture people according to the vast majority of people in our country today!! What a bunch of goons and crooks we have living at this present time. They don't know one thing about history at all.

Bono loves to quote the bible so this strikes me as fitting:

"Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!" -- Isaiah 5:20