Sign in to follow this  
febottini

Ordinary Love Gets Golden Globe Nomination

"Ordinary Love" received a nomination in the Best Original Song - Motion Picture category for the 71st annual Golden Globes.

Joining U2 in nomination are "Atlas" from Catching Fire, "Let It Go" from Frozen, "Please Mr. Kennedy" from Inside Llewyn Davis and "Sweeter Than Fiction" from Once Chance.

Mandela: Long Walk To Freedom also received a nomination for Best Original Score - Motion Picture.

The Golden Globes are on January 12 and will be broadcast on NBC at 8 p.m.

Full list of nominees for GG's at Huff Post : (inc. already mentioned),

Best Original Song
"Atlas," Coldplay ("The Hunger Games: Catching Fire")
"Let It Go," Idina Menzel ("Frozen")
"Ordinary Love," U2 ("Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom")
"Please Mr. Kennedy," Oscar Isaac, Justin Timberlake and Adam Driver ("Inside Llewyn Davis")
"Sweet Than Fiction," Taylor Swift ("One Chance")

Full list of nominees for GG's at Huff Post : (inc. already mentioned),

Best Original Song

"Atlas," Coldplay ("The Hunger Games: Catching Fire")

"Let It Go," Idina Menzel ("Frozen")

"Ordinary Love," U2 ("Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom")

"Please Mr. Kennedy," Oscar Isaac, Justin Timberlake and Adam Driver ("Inside Llewyn Davis")

"Sweet Than Fiction," Taylor Swift ("One Chance")

Congratulations U2! :)  I love the nominations this year. :wub:

Another nomination for "Ordinary Love"

The Broadcast Film Critics Association has announced the nominees for the 19th Annual Critics´Choice Movie Awards.

BEST SONG
Atlas – Coldplay – The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
Happy – Pharrell Williams – Despicable Me 2
Let It Go – Robert Lopez and Kristen Anderson-Lopez – Frozen
Ordinary Love – U2 – Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom
Please Mr. Kennedy – Justin Timberlake/Oscar Isaac/Adam Driver – Inside Llewyn Davis
Young and Beautiful – Lana Del Rey – The Great Gatsby

The winners will be announced in a ceremony on January 16 in Santa Monica, California.

Congrats to U2 for winning Best Original Song at Golden Globes with "Ordinary Love".  :D

Bd03QWvCQAEvoMP.jpg

Edited by febottini

Congratulations to U2!

And thank you for the update, Fernanda!

Congrats to U2 for winning Best Original Song at Golden Globes with "Ordinary Love".  :D

Bd03QWvCQAEvoMP.jpg

This photo couldn't be more perfect if this scene had been labored over for an entire year at a wax museum! :)

Are we sure it's real? :lol:  (Just kidding.)

Just want to say, awesome acceptance speech from all the boys. It was very heartfelt and touching. It was like........yeh! Slamdunk! That's what I am talking about right there! You got it. 

The award was a sign of something else, something very beautiful and something very special. I get it. 

Keep being you, because what ever you are doing, you are doing it right. Thanks for making the world a better place. 

Thank you very much Alma. You know how to catch me, not that hard.  :) I'm around. 

Just wanted to add to my other post, that in 1988 when U2 won a heap of grammy's, I remember when they talked about 'it's hard to receive this award when Nelson Mandela is in prison'. It was a powerful global impacting moment, for music, apartheid and Mr Mandela. I know stuff was already happening behind the scenes, but it really 'upped the antee' in terms of awareness for ordinary folk such as myself. This in turn placed increased pressure to free Mandela and everything after that happened after that. 

Edited by TheVacantLot

round And Round

Bd03QWvCQAEvoMP.jpg

Congratulations U2 !!! :wub: :wub: :wub: 

Bd03QWvCQAEvoMP.jpg

This photo couldn't be more perfect if this scene had been labored over for an entire year at a wax museum! :)

Are we sure it's real? :lol:  (Just kidding.)

Yes...they do look perfect don't they. If that's what you're saying... :D

Congrats U2!

I love they gave props to Chris Martin. Anyway, well deserved U2. It's going to be a great U2 year and much more to come. :wub:

Love this picture.  They all look so happy.

ss-140112-GG-awards-01.ss_full.jpg

I am SO EXCITED that they won!  They all looked great last night and it was very cool to see them all together on stage.

Congrats U2!

Love this picture.  They all look so happy.

ss-140112-GG-awards-01.ss_full.jpg

Considering they won bugger all for the last campaign, it is to no surprise they are happy.

Now for the big test, can the album put U2 back as a creative force in the public eye.

Bd0bxLjCYAAioBX.jpg

Credit: In Touch Weekly

Hey, they're looking great & congrats to the band for the Golden Globe win! I caught the movie and I have to say, the song fit in with the move perfectly. 

“We wrote a love story – or a love song rather – because it’s kind of what’s extraordinary about the film…it is this kind of dysfunctional love story – and that’s why you should see it…You know about the global statesman – you don’t know about the man. That’s why you should see this film…We’re good at the dysfunctional love stories.” – Bono accepting a Golden Globe award for ‘Ordinary Love.’