bigwave

New Members Introduction Thread (Merged)

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, DavidBland said:

Hi, y'all.. been a fan for years but new to Zootopia.. got tickets for Dublin night.. bucket list of dreams! cant wait...

Any fans going who are meeting up in any bars pre - gig?

welcome to the zoo : )

keep an eye on Dublin - Croke Park forums

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/17/2017 at 6:36 AM, stanley14 said:

Hello natural11. Welcome here in the Zoo, hope you have fun here. ??

Thanks for the kind Zoo welcome you extended to me in June! Please pardon me for my late reply! I have been having lots of FUN posting!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, natural11 said:

Thanks for the kind Zoo welcome you extended to me in June! Please pardon me for my late reply! I have been having lots of FUN posting!!

No problemo ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey. Can't really remember when I became a fan of U2. I heard a lot of their stuff growing up, the main 3 singles for Joshua Tree, Beautiful Day and Elevation. I think it might've been while watching a telethon in 2006 and it showed bits from the Vertigo 2005 DVD. Found some of my dad's CD's and kinda listened from there. The next year he bought me U218 Singles and I really loved the music.

I've learned With or Without You on guitar, and won a town talent show my first time playing it in front of people I think in 2010. I had just learned the falsetto part for it and when I did it the crowd stood up and applauded. It's one of the songs I play the most at open mic, and my range for it has improved.

I finally got to see the band this year in Seattle. I was hoping for Vancouver, but I was locked out in the ticket sales and it didn't have 2 tickets available by the time it let me in. And then it did and the website kept crashing. That was a let down, but I finally decided to check for Seattle tickets and I seen 3 resales available and I paid for 2 of them for me and my dad for his birthday gift, and my dad paid for my brother's to drive us down. It's a night I'll never forget, hearing Bad even though it wasn't played at Vancouver and then the encore with I Will Follow.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, MacCready said:

Hey. Can't really remember when I became a fan of U2. I heard a lot of their stuff growing up, the main 3 singles for Joshua Tree, Beautiful Day and Elevation. I think it might've been while watching a telethon in 2006 and it showed bits from the Vertigo 2005 DVD. Found some of my dad's CD's and kinda listened from there. The next year he bought me U218 Singles and I really loved the music.

I've learned With or Without You on guitar, and won a town talent show my first time playing it in front of people I think in 2010. I had just learned the falsetto part for it and when I did it the crowd stood up and applauded. It's one of the songs I play the most at open mic, and my range for it has improved.

I finally got to see the band this year in Seattle. I was hoping for Vancouver, but I was locked out in the ticket sales and it didn't have 2 tickets available by the time it let me in. And then it did and the website kept crashing. That was a let down, but I finally decided to check for Seattle tickets and I seen 3 resales available and I paid for 2 of them for me and my dad for his birthday gift, and my dad paid for my brother's to drive us down. It's a night I'll never forget, hearing Bad even though it wasn't played at Vancouver and then the encore with I Will Follow.

welcome to the zoo Mac :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/16/2017 at 9:54 PM, MacCready said:

Hey. Can't really remember when I became a fan of U2. I heard a lot of their stuff growing up, the main 3 singles for Joshua Tree, Beautiful Day and Elevation. I think it might've been while watching a telethon in 2006 and it showed bits from the Vertigo 2005 DVD. Found some of my dad's CD's and kinda listened from there. The next year he bought me U218 Singles and I really loved the music.

I've learned With or Without You on guitar, and won a town talent show my first time playing it in front of people I think in 2010. I had just learned the falsetto part for it and when I did it the crowd stood up and applauded. It's one of the songs I play the most at open mic, and my range for it has improved.

I finally got to see the band this year in Seattle. I was hoping for Vancouver, but I was locked out in the ticket sales and it didn't have 2 tickets available by the time it let me in. And then it did and the website kept crashing. That was a let down, but I finally decided to check for Seattle tickets and I seen 3 resales available and I paid for 2 of them for me and my dad for his birthday gift, and my dad paid for my brother's to drive us down. It's a night I'll never forget, hearing Bad even though it wasn't played at Vancouver and then the encore with I Will Follow.

Great to hear your journey with U2 and their music! I second bigwave's hearty welcome to the Zoo to you, MacCready!

:JT_Logo_01:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 7:13 PM, Europa_Thomas said:

Hello, Hello (Hola!)

I just joined the site, but I've been a U2 fan for a long time and I'm looking forward to connecting with other fans.

Hey, here is my welcome extended again, Europa_Thomas, welcome to the Zoo! Glad to have you onboard!

:JT_Logo_03:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, natural11 said:

Hey, here is my welcome extended again, Europa_Thomas, welcome to the Zoo! Glad to have you onboard!

:JT_Logo_03:

Thank you, natural11 and mich40.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.