Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bigwave

New Members Introduction Thread (Merged)

367 posts in this topic

Hello - I'm brand new to this site and am keen to find out about a rumour I heard that U2 might be coming to Victoria, BC, Canada prior to their world tour.  Can anyone let me know how I might be able to verify this?

I've been a fan for as long as I can remember - I love the music (especially the older tunes) and especially love the spokesperson and catalyst Bono has been and is for humanity.  I can't imagine the amount of pressure that man must carry knowing the influence he carries wherever he goes - on that note, no one is perfect and I don't agree with every initiative he's taken but I am impressed with what he's accomplished (and will accomplish!) in his lifetime.  

Run......run away and never look back its too late for some of us but save yerself.... but if you could kick a few do-gooders on the way out that would be cool ;-)

OK I took out murder jeezo lol

t's a very good place... don't pay atenttion to basher

Yeah don't pay attention to the bad man ;-)

(I'm right though lol)

LMAO!!!

Love it...

Anyway...

Howdy!  My name is Allegra...really.  I live in the big-ass state of Texas.  I never voted for George W. Bush.  I've been a U2 fan since the mid 80's...a casual fan until I finally saw them live for the first time ever during the Elevation Tour after 9/11.  Since then I became obsessed.  I've seen them live 10 times and met Bono once.  I've been a Zootopian member for almost 12 years...a paying member for 10 years...just gave them...no sorry...I just gave Live Nation my annual hard earned cash this evening to stay in front of the presale line...let's see here...(computing)...that's...HOLY SH!!!!!  I'm a math teacher by day...so yeah...don't mess with me!  I try not to think how much $$$ I've given to this crazy band.  Maybe it's because of all the awesome friends I've made here...friends for life...and that to me is priceless.

But yeah...what Basher says...your life is over as you know it.

Allegra out  

:ph34r:

That was cute, Allegra !

That was cute, Allegra !

;)  Glad you enjoyed it

Now SHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!  

I told you...I'm not here!

:ph34r:

long time fan of U2. I was a member here during Vertigo era and then left...just came back.

cant wait for the new album and tour.

Anyone received their North Side Story book yet? Mine was ordered (and paid) ovember 15th (2nd day it was on sale)

Anyone received their North Side Story book yet? Mine was ordered (and paid) ovember 15th (2nd day it was on sale)

A U2.com-Email notifies me it shipped, you should receive this too !

Hello all, my name is Robert and I'm from Dallas, TX. Been a U2 fan my whole life. My favorite album is Achtung Baby, which I purchased on cassette tape at the age of eight. Within the past month, I've turned 31 and welcomed my first child into the world, so that album's taken on a completely new meaning for me.

Hello all, my name is Robert and I'm from Dallas, TX. Been a U2 fan my whole life. My favorite album is Achtung Baby, which I purchased on cassette tape at the age of eight. Within the past month, I've turned 31 and welcomed my first child into the world, so that album's taken on a completely new meaning for me.

That's so cool, welcome, Robert !!!

Well HOWDY neighbor!!!  You should join us on our next U2 fan gathering in Dallas.  That'll be whenever WOWU2 will play again. 

Will message you with details   ;)

Welcome to Robert and his little child!!!

Howdy peepl. Just saying hi from The Scottish Highlands. I am not a newbie here, been here since the site was launched (but probably under a different account, as I didnt use this site so much....so forgot about my original membership details)

But, after 13 or so years of being a member, today, i finally coughed up the cash and became a subscriber. Mainly it was in the hope that i would get tickets for the upcoming tour...as i fear it will be indoor gigs we get...so tickets will be hard to come by.

Im also to be found on @u2 or u2interference (not so much). Been a MASSIVE fan of the band since 1981 when i heard electric Co for the first time. Preety much listened only to u2 up until a few yrs ago, when i went thro a bit of a  musical rennaisiance (spelling?) and started to crave loads of different music. But u2 remain my No 1!

Anyhoo....looking forward to exploring the site and maybe getting to know some of you :)

Edited by gman70

Hello everyone. Fan for many, many years but new to this forum (been frequenting another forum for years). Look forward to the good, the bad and the ugly this site might have to offer  :D ....kidding, kidding. I am sure all of you are a bunch of very friendly people.

Howdy toro.....nice to meet ya :)

Hello newbies!  Lynne here-I've been a zootop since 2005, a U2 fan since 1983, been to many tours.  I'm from Boston but missed the Elevation Tour due to my baby being born (fine with me!).  I was a subscriber for a looong time and trying to find my way around here again...

Hi I'm Sarah! :) 

I am a longtime fan of U2, I lived in Ireland for a few years but originally from Australia and now I'm in London.  :wub: 

I saw U2 perform a few years ago on their vertigo tour in Australia!  :lol: 
My favourite U2 song is still 'where the streets have no name' ! Love the vocal melodies and the guitar delay parts and just the whole song in general!  B) 
They are a huge inspiration for my songwriting (I am a singer in a band) and many people have told us our melodies and instrumentation has elements of U2 in it.  ;) 
Sarah x  :P lol had fun with the smily faces  ^_^ 
PS if you want to check out the cover I did here's a link to it - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_hDFRVgIeI&feature=youtu.be

Edited by sarahstarr

welcome to all the new folks, and to the old folks for making the new folks feel welcome...

Hi, I am new here. 

So glad that I finally joined

Welcome, Ines !

Hi everyone, just want to say hello.  What made me join and become an official fan were the songs Ordinary Love and Invisible!!  I've always liked them since the late 80's when I was in jr. high school.  I think "With or Without You" was the first song I heard.  I have not attended any of their concerts yet, but hope to one day.

~Christine

Hi Chris, welcome aboard, there is a wealth of information for you to explore around here. Personally I drift in and out from time to time, I have been into them for a number of years, and am heartened to know that they can still attract a vibrant young audience, Ordinary love certainly is a great tune, as is Invisible in its own unique way. 

have you got a few albums ? if so, which ones are your favourites.

hi Christine, welcome to the Zoo :)

Hi, thanks for your welcome messages.  I have only one cd, All That You Can't Leave Behind.  I got it shortly after I heard "Beautiful Day" like 10 yrs ago-  then I finally got an ipod and got the other songs on itunes.  From the Boy and War album I like Refugee and Electric Co.  Since I am home from work today here is a list of songs I have on my ipod:

Ultra Violet

All Because of You

Gone

Desire

Vertigo

I"ll Go Crazy if I Dont Go Crazy

One

One Tree Hill

All hit singles from the radio 

Oh and I have the 360  book with the cd of Edge's song list.  Can you recommend any songs to listen to again?  All I did was hear the samples on itunes.   I've been listening to them non stop since January.  I take the train to work so I relax and take advantage of down time.  U2 is amazing.  Their lyrics are so complex and the melodies are so flowing. I love it!!!  I was, key word WAS, a big fan of another 80's rock band who released albums every 2 years.  Their songs are so simple and all sound alike.  I think they write and tour only for the money.

Hi I'm Sarah! :) 

I am a longtime fan of U2, I lived in Ireland for a few years but originally from Australia and now I'm in London.  :wub: 

I saw U2 perform a few years ago on their vertigo tour in Australia!  :lol: 

My favourite U2 song is still 'where the streets have no name' ! Love the vocal melodies and the guitar delay parts and just the whole song in general!  B) 

They are a huge inspiration for my songwriting (I am a singer in a band) and many people have told us our melodies and instrumentation has elements of U2 in it.  ;) 

Sarah x  :P lol had fun with the smily faces  ^_^ 

PS if you want to check out the cover I did here's a link to it - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_hDFRVgIeI&feature=youtu.be

Hi, I am new here. 

So glad that I finally joined

Hi everyone, just want to say hello.  What made me join and become an official fan were the songs Ordinary Love and Invisible!!  I've always liked them since the late 80's when I was in jr. high school.  I think "With or Without You" was the first song I heard.  I have not attended any of their concerts yet, but hope to one day.

~Christine

Hello, welcome to all of you :D:P