bigwave

New Members Introduction Thread

Hi! I'm new here! I've been a fan since I was for almost 30 years! They are my most favorite ever. Just wanted a place to come and chat!

Been a member awhile but posting for the first time.  Hoping to find other members in the Atlanta area. 

Sean

Hello! 

I'm Sacha, a 35-year old female. I live in a small town in the Netherlands with my boyfriend and seven-year old daughter. (She is starting with guitar lessons and will learn to play U2 songs. When she is a little bit older I hope that I can take her to a U2 concert.)

This is my third year as a U2.com member but I really didn't know the site has a forum!

I went to the Elevation tour in the Amsterdam ArenA in 2005. Unfortunately I had to skip the 360 tour in the Amsterdam ArenA in 2009, because my daughter was born shortly before. I gave my ticket away to a friend... I had to wait 'till the U2ieTour in Ziggo Dome in Amsterdam in 2015 to see them again... Hopefully I will be there at the concert this year, when they return to the Amsterdam ArenA! 

Have a nice day!

Hi,  

New member, basically so to get access to pre-sales for the 2017 Tour. 

However I'd like to try to get some useful info passed up the chain, if possible: 

There seems to be a mixup as to where U2 is playing in the Bay Area on May 17th, as it's listed in both San Francisco, and Santa Clara.   The Levi Stadium is in Santa Clara. 

I just wanted to give a heads up, to avoid any embarrassment for locals or for the band. 

During the opening song of the 2011 360 Tour, they played in Oakland CA, but Bono shouted out: "San Jose! East of the Bay!"

Neither of which is correct. The audience was standing in an Oakland stadium. Yes, in the East Bay, but "East of the Bay" is as vulgar as calling San Francisco "Frisco".   

Someone please tell him not to address the Santa Clara crowd as San Francisco.  Or as "the City By The Bay".  That won't work.  "Bay Area area" is acceptable.

Thanks!   

HI Everyone, I'm one of the kind that turns up here every tour for pre-sales etc. 

Looking forward to the new tour!

Im a new member here, though been a fan of many years, Im from South Wales. I first started liking songs from the band from the War album but my actual first concert was on the Popmart tout at Wembley though the last time I saw them was in Cardiff inn 2009 on the 360 tour

In 1987 December 3rd, for my second U2 tour, I had been in line for 3 days at the gate of the Orange Bowl in Miami, FL. I wasn't just a fan I was a fanatic. I was about 10th in line to get in for a GA spot on the field. A friend showed up on day 2 and wanted to squeeze in, he brought his girlfriend and another cute girl. I made a deal, I had heard what hotel the band was at and wanted to try and get a signature on a friends guitar. So to hold my spot I left them in line. I left and went to the hotel and got that signature..

I came back and jumped back in line but couldn't find my friends and we were starting to get mushed at the front. The gates opened and we rushed forward to a good spot. As we sat there we got squeeze together, when we saw my friends, so I asked the cute girl to scoot closer and she did, shy as she was. We listened to Buckwheat Zydeco, it was interesting but not our focus for the evening.

Then it happened, we stood up to the sound of a guitar and the sight of the closed curtains, I pulled her up and asked her to dance, she looked at me and I kissed her. Very bold move, what was I thinking...

I married this girl, and we have been together since that day, so this tour marks 30 years for U2 and 30 years for US together. A memory we cherish and a concert we will not miss this year!!!

That's all, thanks for the cool forum.

post-326837-0-67236600-1484074382_thumb.jpg I am not new here have being a member for over 30 years. But did not know where to post this.

I will be 50 on the 22nd of July and will be in Croke Park in GA. When I heard U2 were playing Croke Park that day my dreams started to come true 80000 people at my birthday and U2 on stage live that's a birthday to remember. If Bono reads this he might get me on stage and that would top any birthday. You never know my dreams may be realised

Edited by mich40
Personal information given

Hi everyone 

Im a new subscriber here but Ive been a U2 fan since 1983!

Just a couple of questions ............ 

I cant seem to access my U2 email? In the dropdown menu on my name it says webmail but when I try to sign in it wont let me?

Also - I thought you could stream all U2 songs on here? Where? 

Thanks all!

Hi everyone 

I cant seem to access my U2 email? In the dropdown menu on my name it says webmail but when I try to sign in it wont let me?

Thanks all!

email: sadly, it hasn't worked for a while...

streaming media : http://www.u2.com/music  and http://www.u2.com/media#

Hi everyone 

Thanks all!

email: sadly, it hasn't worked for a while...

streaming media : http://www.u2.com/music  and http://www.u2.com/media#

Thanks Max .......... Ive tried the links but all I seem to get is the lyrics - I try to open the player but nothing??

Thanks Max .......... Ive tried the links but all I seem to get is the lyrics - I try to open the player but nothing??

Yikes! Let me report it.. stay tuned.

New member, longtime fan. Great to be part of this forum! My U2 odyssey began only days after the War tour played the Bronco Bowl in Dallas (among my lifelong concert regrets was narrowly missing that tour). Looking forward to seeing the Arlington gig in May! 

Back after a few years. Was trying to get tix for the rose bowl but no more are available. I think only the packages are being sold now so I'll have to wait to see if others become available on the 17th

Current mood

Achtung y'all nice to be here. Came back from Cleveland 40th bash and said well after 28 years of fandom let's start chatting with the U2 fans around the world more. Hope all is well

Dave (u2ster89)

Achtung y'all. Nice to be here with everyone celebrating the upcoming year of tour craziness! When I came back from the Cleveland 40 bash said let's start meeting and chatting with fans around the world became fan almost immediately after Rattle and Hum came out sonmissed the JT tour. How incredible is this. JT tour 2017!