bigwave

New Members Introduction Thread

I'm far from new here. I first joined U2.com in the mid 1990s, then left around 2000 because I believed the band had sold out. After hearing a few songs from their last album, I fell in love with them all over again...I guess I never stopped loving them, but I'm ancient and still believe their best decade was the 1980s...before Bono "dreamed it up all over again". I'm a single/never-married, middle-aged, multiracial woman who's also a semi-invalid. I saw U2 perform at RFK Stadium here in DC on August 15, 1992 for the first--and perhaps the last--time (unless they plan to play at a venue in or near DC which accommodates handicapped fans).

Last time I logged in was 8 years ago from Mexico and I was about to start college(does that count as a veteran) lol but damn the forum has changed a lot since 2005. How's everyone doing?

Hello!

Wow has this place changed! I thought I'd post in here because it kind of is an introduction, or rather a re-introduction!

I was a member of the Zoo sub forums for years when I was younger (about 14-18 years old) and then I grew up and had things to do that took me away!

I can get on my old account but it has a username typical of an angsty teenager and all my posts of old are gone, so there's not much point! So I made this one!

I'm 25 now, despite the fact that my profile insists I was born in 1969 and not 1990 (help! I cant change it?!), I went to Uni and got a degree in Human Rights Law, I got engaged 2 months ago, I got a cat... I'm all grown up!

U2 are still my favourite musicians without a shadow of a doubt, and I wanted to come back and see if my old friends were still around!

I remember Andy who has a lovely wife Gwen, I remember a guy who liked drumming who had a little boy and posted pics of the little one drumming! I remember somebody who had a username related to mushrooms who wanted to be a mortician and was from America...

It's so long ago, and I know that its probably a slim chance, but the annoying Welsh girl is here just wondering if you were all still around?

:)

Been a U2 fan now for nearly 30 years. Saw them first on the Achtung Baby tour and most recently on the Innocence/ Experience tour I was able to see them 5 times in a little over a week here in Phoenix then over to LA. Two of the shows I had seats right near the stage, one GA and the other Red Zone. Got some incredible shots of the boys and even caught a set list from Bono at my first LA show that he tossed out as a paper airplane. I was taking pictures and just instinctively caught it. It was a special week and I just hope they are willing to hit the road again at some point this year.

Been a U2 fan now for nearly 30 years. Saw them first on the Achtung Baby tour and most recently on the Innocence/ Experience tour I was able to see them 5 times in a little over a week here in Phoenix then over to LA. Two of the shows I had seats right near the stage, one GA and the other Red Zone. Got some incredible shots of the boys and even caught a set list from Bono at my first LA show that he tossed out as a paper airplane. I was taking pictures and just instinctively caught it. It was a special week and I just hope they are willing to hit the road again at some point this year.

Good storie! How was going Red Zone? 

Good storie, i'm a longtime fan as well. Wanna go red zone text time. Wow ... caught the paper plane, you lucky devil ! 

I suppose I'm new too ..Been a member and lurker for years ,used be on some of the fan forums also.

U2 fan since I was 10 (long time ago) ..first started listening in 83 or 84 as they really took off on the Cork circuit more than the dublin one . I used swap tapes with me mates and then snuck into Lark by the Lee after rumours spread like wildfire that they were due to appear ,old days things were far more lax at venues , and me and a friend got to see U2 play on a truck and I've been hooked ever since. My Gig Highlights were Slane / Zoo TV in Cork & Lovetown ....pretty special seeing Bono on Xmas Eve too playing with Glen Hansard  and Damien Rice

Favourite Albums - October / Achtung Baby

Thats a cool storie there, U2 playing on a truck. My first concert was Lovetown tour with BB King. They grabbed me right away and i knew

i was a fan. It rocked and was bluesy and i loved it. U2 are not afraid to show different sides, thats a good thing. 

Hi, guys!

I want to come into contact with one of the U2 members, so I don't know whether I should adress them or you, the community. I'll just use 2nd plural.

Last year I took part in an essay contest organized by the US Embassy and I won 3 rd place. This is not important. It was just to give you an insight.

The theme was the future of technology for the environment. I was already interested in this domain, but I realised that what I'd written about was exactly what U2 is fighting for. Moreover, my essay( which became a poem) was constructed almost like a song. Therefore, I thought of contacting U2 in order to offer them my lyrics.

I won't post the essay yet, for obvious reasons.

However, if my message will be written over and over again, I might have a chance.

Thank you for your help.

Hello i'm a longtime fan. Love to post about U2 and other things. Each time they blow me away, whether it is with emotional stuff or a kick ass version of Bullet. 

Also like 80's bands and cooking. 

My first post.  I've actually did been a member for a year now, but never posted.  Have seen every tour since Popmart....  I'm in the great city of Chicago, grew up in Vegas...  Loved this band since high school.  Love vinyl!!!  

U2 is amazing not only what they do musically, but what they do socially.  

Hey y'all!!! I'm new here!! Been a fan since before I was born (literally my mum and her sister would always play me U2 while I was still baking ha-ha), but I finally got my membership! Been toying around at the idea for a long time, but there was always something else. But here I am and I'm so happy to be here with all the fellow U2 lovers!!! Can't wait to meet up with some of y'all at a show soon!!!

hello, hello, hola from Mexico :wub:

Hola, hola Vanycf. B)

Hey guys!  :lol:

I'm Jo from France - proud newbie on Zootopia! Not so new... well everywhere else. Been a subscriber for a while, but never posted (mostly due to technical issues and a little dash of laziness...)

But eh! I am here! And i'll try to make up for the lack of posts in the future. Yup, sorry but... now that I found my way here, you'll have a hard time shutting me up  :blink:

Hiya Jo!  Welcome!  You were very helpful with the European dates with your posting on Twitter.  Glad you joined us.

Uh oh ...Well... glad it helped (?) Sorry about spamming the #U2ieTour hashtag though, I guess i get kind of... over excited sometimes  :rolleyes: - And thanks for welcoming me here! Weeeeeee  :lol: