Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
bigwave

New Members Introduction Thread

Recommended Posts

Hi, 

 

Big HELLO to everyone - newbie from Cheshire, England, have been a U2 fan since the beginning and i'm very proud to say that!  So glad to find this place,(although have been around for a while) i'm happily looking through all the "nooks and cranies" enjoying every visit!

 "All I know
And all I need to know
Is there is no
Yeah there is no end to love"

Rob

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RLG59RD said:

Hi, 

 

Big HELLO to everyone - newbie from Cheshire, England, have been a U2 fan since the beginning and i'm very proud to say that!  So glad to find this place,(although have been around for a while) i'm happily looking through all the "nooks and cranies" enjoying every visit!

 "All I know
And all I need to know
Is there is no
Yeah there is no end to love"

Rob

Welcome to the Zoo!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not new ..I've been bouncing around these boards since WAY back in the early aughts. I've sworn off all traditional social media of late...so here I am...crawling back to this place.  That makes it sounds worse than it is. Really. ? 

 

I'm so excited about this tour... I think there is so much potential for an amazing bunch of shows...geared to us with the experience under our belts. ?? I will checking it out both nights in San Jose...it's coming up quick! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Long time fan but just recently came aboard here (to get the presale)..  I am rather young for a U2 diehard (32) and my favorite U2 albums are Achtung Baby, Pop, JT and Zooropa.  But I honestly don't think think there's a bad one either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, u2guitarnab852 said:

Long time fan but just recently came aboard here (to get the presale)..  I am rather young for a U2 diehard (32) and my favorite U2 albums are Achtung Baby, Pop, JT and Zooropa.  But I honestly don't think think there's a bad one either.

Welcome, I'm an even younger U2 diehard (22) who lives in NC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Europa_Thomas said:

Welcome, I'm an even younger U2 diehard (22) who lives in NC.

Hey there!  We are neighbors!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/13/2018 at 5:25 PM, u2guitarnab852 said:

Long time fan but just recently came aboard here (to get the presale)..  I am rather young for a U2 diehard (32) and my favorite U2 albums are Achtung Baby, Pop, JT and Zooropa.  But I honestly don't think think there's a bad one either.

It's amazing that due to the length of their career, we all have different albums that define our love of the music. My bf is in his early 50s and remembers listening to War over and over on his very awesome Sony Walkman. Some co-workers have told me JT defined thier college years unlike any other music of the time. I saw bits on FB a while back from be fan in thier 20s who lived in NJ and ATYCLB was the  album that got them through 2001 with clarity.

AB was it for me... I remember being a impressionable tween and U2 being part of the media blitz that took me from innocent to experience, so to speak. ?All I wanted was to see Zoo TV. Their were some riots going on in LA and I was outraged that police officers were allowed to beat a black man without consequence. JFK, the Oliver Stone film had just come out. In retrospect, the film is outrageous but at the time, I was dumbstruck that our own government could even be implicated in such things. Everything was not as it should be. Then there is Bono confirming that everything I know is a lie. It was perfectly leading up to a new US president who I was certain would make everything better. He didn't. Zooropa followed and I just discovered foriegn films and Portishead and anime. It all fit perfectly. I was hooked. ❤️❤️ I didn't make it to see Zoo TV but my first show was PopMart. It was amazing and I have not missed a show that's come around to CA since. ??

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, shooboxx said:

It's amazing that due to the length of their career, we all have different albums that define our love of the music. My bf is in his early 50s and remembers listening to War over and over on his very awesome Sony Walkman. Some co-workers have told me JT defined thier college years unlike any other music of the time. I saw bits on FB a while back from be fan in thier 20s who lived in NJ and ATYCLB was the  album that got them through 2001 with clarity.

AB was it for me... I remember being a impressionable tween and U2 being part of the media blitz that took me from innocent to experience, so to speak. ?All I wanted was to see Zoo TV. Their were some riots going on in LA and I was outraged that police officers were allowed to beat a black man without consequence. JFK, the Oliver Stone film had just come out. In retrospect, the film is outrageous but at the time, I was dumbstruck that our own government could even be implicated in such things. Everything was not as it should be. Then there is Bono confirming that everything I know is a lie. It was perfectly leading up to a new US president who I was certain would make everything better. He didn't. Zooropa followed and I just discovered foriegn films and Portishead and anime. It all fit perfectly. I was hooked. ❤️❤️ I didn't make it to see Zoo TV but my first show was PopMart. It was amazing and I have not missed a show that's come around to CA since. ??

Zoo Tv is my dream tour!  Pop is a close 2nd!  So jealous you got to go.  I was 12/13 when Popmart came to RFK stadium in DC....  I listened to the show updates on the local rock radio....  I vowed never to miss a U2 tour once I was able to go on my own... Thanks for sharing your thoughts on AB!  It's so brilliant its hard to believe it caused so much turmoil in the band prior to its release. Whats your fav on the album?  Every single song is great but I'd say Trying To Throw Your Arms Around The World and SO Cruel are my current favorites....

 

 

Edited by u2guitarnab852
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, u2guitarnab852 said:

Zoo Tv is my dream tour!  Pop is a close 2nd!  So jealous you got to go.  I was 12/13 when Popmart came to RFK stadium in DC....  I listened to the show updates on the local rock radio....  I vowed never to miss a U2 tour once I was able to go on my own... Thanks for sharing your thoughts on AB!  It's so brilliant its hard to believe it caused so much turmoil in the band prior to its release. Whats your fav on the album?  Every single song is great but I'd say Trying To Throw Your Arms Around The World and SO Cruel are my current favorites....

Mine too ❤️ We are nearly the same age so it was of course not on my bucket list at the time Zoo tv was actually up and running around the world ;) 

if there is only a small chance for a AB/ZooTv revival, count me in. There is simply nothing that I don’t love from that era/album. One of my all time faves. I‘ll never get tired listen to it :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great big hello from Scotland been a fan since '79.......yep thats Bono & Me he took photo with my disposible camera back in 2001 at London Astoria gig xxxx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, u2guitarnab852 said:

 

So cruel has always been a favorite...ive gone back and forth on who I am in song...it's just haunting.. Acrobat is another. I'm sosososo SO excited to hear it live. ?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, chulia83 said:

Mine too ❤️ We are nearly the same age so it was of course not on my bucket list at the time Zoo tv was actually up and running around the world ;) 

if there is only a small chance for a AB/ZooTv revival, count me in. There is simply nothing that I don’t love from that era/album. One of my all time faves. I‘ll never get tired listen to it :) 

 

8 hours ago, shooboxx said:

So cruel has always been a favorite...ive gone back and forth on who I am in song...it's just haunting.. Acrobat is another. I'm sosososo SO excited to hear it live. ?

If any of you have a Instagram, send me a request, would love to follow your U2 ventures.  I'll be posted a lot from the Atlanta show in May, @timmyallenwvu

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Zoo Tour Wembly London....... out of this world especially when Bono picked up the telephone to make a call leading into........Lemonnnnnnn :wub: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/2/2018 at 3:56 PM, shooboxx said:

I'm not new ..I've been bouncing around these boards since WAY back in the early aughts. I've sworn off all traditional social media of late...so here I am...crawling back to this place.  That makes it sounds worse than it is. Really. ? 

 

I'm so excited about this tour... I think there is so much potential for an amazing bunch of shows...geared to us with the experience under our belts. ?? I will checking it out both nights in San Jose...it's coming up quick! 

Right on!  I'll be in San Jose on May 7 (GA).  I also had tickets for May 8 (GA), but was forced to sell them, because my daughter's band happens to be playing in San Francisco that night as well, and over my inner protest, I decided to be loyal and go to that show instead.  It's really hard not to go to both U2 shows.  In 2015 I used the first night to figure things out, as well as enjoying the show, and then I knew exactly where to stand the second night.  Also, the set list has interesting variations on Night Two.  Plus, I don't really get enough of the U2 experience unless it's two nights in a row, so that it really sinks in.  I'm bummed about missing the second show, but excited about the first show.

Oh, and as for me...  I was turned on to U2 in 1983, after hearing "Sunday", "New Year's Day", and "Two Hearts" on the radio.  They quickly became my favorite band, and my first show was during the Unforgettable Fire tour, in Offenbach, Germany (January 1985).  I've been to something like 20 or 25 shows over the years, but always regret not being able to attend more shows.

Edited by Rich T.
.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/16/2018 at 10:06 AM, shooboxx said:

It's amazing that due to the length of their career, we all have different albums that define our love of the music. My bf is in his early 50s and remembers listening to War over and over on his very awesome Sony Walkman. Some co-workers have told me JT defined thier college years unlike any other music of the time. I saw bits on FB a while back from be fan in thier 20s who lived in NJ and ATYCLB was the  album that got them through 2001 with clarity.

AB was it for me... I remember being a impressionable tween and U2 being part of the media blitz that took me from innocent to experience, so to speak. ?All I wanted was to see Zoo TV. Their were some riots going on in LA and I was outraged that police officers were allowed to beat a black man without consequence. JFK, the Oliver Stone film had just come out. In retrospect, the film is outrageous but at the time, I was dumbstruck that our own government could even be implicated in such things. Everything was not as it should be. Then there is Bono confirming that everything I know is a lie. It was perfectly leading up to a new US president who I was certain would make everything better. He didn't. Zooropa followed and I just discovered foriegn films and Portishead and anime. It all fit perfectly. I was hooked. ❤️❤️ I didn't make it to see Zoo TV but my first show was PopMart. It was amazing and I have not missed a show that's come around to CA since. ??

 

 

I've been heavily into every single U2 album starting with "War", whenever a new album has come out.  I had to backtrack to get into "Boy" and "October".  Actually, the first time that I have not gotten heavily into listening to a new album has been this time, with SoE.  Sure, I've listened to all the songs many times, but I'm not super into the album.  But I will be, by the time I attend the show on May 7 in San Jose.   I'm excited that U2 is mixing things up a bit this time, and performing some tracks that haven't seen the light of day in a while, if ever.   I always much prefer seeing U2 perform what's new, plus some non-singles from the past.  I don't need them to play the "big" songs every tour.  I also thought it was a great thing that they had the dedicated Joshua Tree tour last year, and now they're getting back to the new, and not playing any songs from that album this time around.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rich T. said:

Right on!  I'll be in San Jose on May 7 (GA).  I also had tickets for May 8 (GA), but was forced to sell them, because my daughter's band happens to be playing in San Francisco that night as well, and over my inner protest, I decided to be loyal and go to that show instead.  It's really hard not to go to both U2 shows.  In 2015 I used the first night to figure things out, as well as enjoying the show, and then I knew exactly where to stand the second night.  Also, the set list has interesting variations on Night Two.  Plus, I don't really get enough of the U2 experience unless it's two nights in a row, so that it really sinks in.  I'm bummed about missing the second show, but excited about the first show.

Oh, and as for me...  I was turned on to U2 in 1983, after hearing "Sunday", "New Year's Day", and "Two Hearts" on the radio.  They quickly became my favorite band, and my first show was during the Unforgettable Fire tour, in Offenbach, Germany (January 1985).  I've been to something like 20 or 25 shows over the years, but always regret not being able to attend more shows.

Decisions and priorities...darn being a responsible adult! ?? I am certain your daughter's band is going to blow the roof off the place. ?

I did both nights at the Rose Bowl last year and it was SO cool! Such a different vibe each night. I'm so glad I am able to do two nights again. I get to go to church two nights in a row! ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, shooboxx said:

Decisions and priorities...darn being a responsible adult! ?? I am certain your daughter's band is going to blow the roof off the place. ?

I did both nights at the Rose Bowl last year and it was SO cool! Such a different vibe each night. I'm so glad I am able to do two nights again. I get to go to church two nights in a row! ? 

Yes, that's exactly right.  It is like "church" in the sense of feeling uplifted and connected, even without the religious part.   Last year I did Santa Clara and then Rose Bowl (2nd night).

Edited by Rich T.
.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi I'm Fuzzyduck ,I've been a U2 Fan Since 1981 (there abouts) The  Pre Propaganda Era.  To be Honest l Prefer That Time ,maybe  I'm just an Old Timer 

 , I live in The South of Scotland , I'm A Shy Dude so Don't expect to much from Me 

Hello Anyways 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Fuzzyduck said:

Hi I'm Fuzzyduck ,I've been a U2 Fan Since 1981 (there abouts) The  Pre Propaganda Era.  To be Honest l Prefer That Time ,maybe  I'm just an Old Timer 

 , I live in The South of Scotland , I'm A Shy Dude so Don't expect to much from Me 

Hello Anyways 

 

Hi Fuzzy, welcome to the Zoo!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Fuzzyduck said:

I live in The South of Scotland , I'm A Shy Dude so Don't expect to much from Me 

Welcome to the Zoo, Fuzzyduck,  No need to be shy here, however; do be careful not to get trampled by 26 neglected and lost elephants.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...