Sign in to follow this  
bigwave

New Members Introduction Thread

Hello Fellow U2 fans,

My name is EileenCummings I live in the suburbs of Chicago and I first saw the band at the United Center Unforgettable Fire and I have not missed a hometown show since. U2 music has been a real joy in my life since I was 12. I have enjoyed meeting fans on Twitter and hope I can get yo know some of you. I just need to figure out how to move around in the site. Cheers

Hi there!

My name is Valentina and I'm an Italian who recently moved to Germany - found out and fell in love with U2 in '93 when I was 13 and since then they're the kings of my musical journey!  :wub:

see you around!

Could someone tell me how to reply using "quotes" and "multiquotes" ? Much appreciated.

Ps. ROLLING STONES magazine just announced SOI as the album of the year, 1 place! Yeah! ( 2nd place Bruce S.). Some people on the net can't take it! Yes, those who complained, "windged" about its appearance on their apple equipment. Everybody think or pray for Bono's health, ....and we yet will be making some joyful noise -- whether some sour pusses like it or not. God bless!

Hello hello ?? Where did everybody go ?? Kind of new to Zootopia..but, I've been a U2 fan since 1984..hot great is this new album ???!!!!!!This new tour is going to be great..does anyone post on this thread ??

Hello amigos,

My name is Daan and i'm from Belgium. Glad to join you guys.. I am a fan for many years now and i saw the band 4 times now. My first cd was "War" and i was sold in a second..... True the years i still enjoy the bands music very mutch and i hope to sare some nice new things and lovely memories with you guys... See you later amigos

Edited by daanput

Hello everyone!
My name is Lucinda, I'm born and raised under the scorching desert sun of the Coachella Valley, Calif.

I first got a taste of the band when I was in the 6th grade through... pro wrestling... of all things! I'm a big a wrestling fan and I first heard "Beautiful Day" when it was used in a WWE video. I fell in love with the song and had to listen to more of this little band called U2. I haven't stopped listening since...

Unfortunately, I've not been to any concerts. A shame, I know, BUT... I've got tickets to see the guys in LA for this upcoming tour!
I did get to see Bono and The Edge earlier this year at the Palm Springs International Film Festival, and even got their autographs! I was thrilled with that, so now getting to see them on tour will be just amazing. Can't wait!

Hey there - I'm a giant U2 fan, living in Cork, Ireland - It's kind of hard to find big U2 fans in Ireland these days, so I'd love to make some U2 friends if anybody would like to write! 

My favourite U2 memory is probably being in the front row at the 2nd Slane concert (the one that became a DVD) and of course meeting Bono a couple of times is a special memory for me. 

Excited to see U2 in London and Dublin next year and still hoping to attend some others (Paris, Amsterdam) if I can get a ticket.

Anyway, nice to meet you all!

HI there. I've had a PAID membership on and off (economy sucks sometimes) but I've always been a member for at least 15 years. I wanted to renew my PAID membership but it seems that paid memberships are not being accepted anymore. Anyone knows what is going on? Thanks in advance.

HI there. I've had a PAID membership on and off (economy sucks sometimes) but I've always been a member for at least 15 years. I wanted to renew my PAID membership but it seems that paid memberships are not being accepted anymore. Anyone knows what is going on? Thanks in advance.

Have you sorted it out? you're showing as a paid subscriber

Hi everyone! I'm new here. Joined while looking for tickets for hubby. Nosebleed tickets were on his Xmas list. (purchased club level far corner instead; so excited!) We are both long-time fans of the group though. I've enjoyed the few threads I've read here; seems like a friendly community.

Hey there - I'm a giant U2 fan, living in Cork, Ireland - It's kind of hard to find big U2 fans in Ireland these days, so I'd love to make some U2 friends if anybody would like to write! 

My favourite U2 memory is probably being in the front row at the 2nd Slane concert (the one that became a DVD) and of course meeting Bono a couple of times is a special memory for me. 

Excited to see U2 in London and Dublin next year and still hoping to attend some others (Paris, Amsterdam) if I can get a ticket.

hi ! i'm so surprised about what you posted about not finding U2 fans in Ireland ! here in France we have a lot of !

hi ! i'm Delphine From France (near Paris), i'm 44 years old and the first song that made me LOVE U2  was new years day, i was young (not dumb !) and since then they have been my favorite band. i'm so glad to see them nov. 15 in Paris (i saw them twice in 2009 at the stade de france). It seems i'm going to have fun in this forum !

sorry i wanted to tell u something else about the Slane concert : i have the DVD and it's one of my favorite, you were very lucky to be there !