Sign in to follow this  
febottini

Palm Springs Film Fest Gala To Honor Rock´s U2

I think it's all about the number of Bonos !

I think it's a load of self promo. New album coming out in a few months. Let's get U2 back into the public eye again.

I think it's all about the number of Bonos !

I think it's a load of self promo. New album coming out in a few months. Let's get U2 back into the public eye again.

Sadly, it seems like it's more about the number of Bonos than the MUSIC U2 MUST CREATE !!!!

It's ironic how important posts get deleted on U2's site while U2 is well-known for fighting for freedom of speech in the world.

In addition to what Basher said, stuff which cannot be read anymore due to censorship, two questions must be posed :

1. Does Bono know about Nelson's & Winnie's acts of terrorism ?

2. If he does, WHAT exactly does he gain by ignoring those facts ??

Should an artist be involved in politics ? No! Because politics demands compromise and that is something an artist must never make ! Art can be interpreted in many ways, that's what is most beautiful about it, what it expresses is revealed in the heart of the receiver (listener, viewer, reader...), art is not precise or exact, art can live just for the sake of doing it, art gives us freedom, art is at The Edge between reality and imagination...Politics does not, politics draws the worst out of people in my opinion...So if U2 want to be great again they should get back to the music and put some sense in Bono's head, put him on the right path again or it's the end for U2 !

Edited by pain_18_

Seems like the song got an Ordinary Oscar Nomination...the Mandela fever is getting crazier and crazier !!! It will be a shame if it wins, considering the fact that 'Until the End of the World', 'Hold Me...', 'The Ground Beneath Her Feet' did not get any Oscar-Nominations as far as I know. 'Hands that built America' which was a way-better song than 'Ordinary Love' got nominated but didn't win but I bet 'Ordinary Love' will win because of the Mandela-Hype !

"Steve McQueen has challenged intolerance his entire career." - Bono.

I'm thinking he's referring to the Steve McQueen who was in the movies 'The Magnificent Seven,' 'The Sand Pebbles,' etc. Unless he was referring to a different Steve McQueen, then unfortunately it should be the past tense.

It's good to see U2 get a visionary award.

I just came back here to say that I realize now it was a different Steve McQueen Bono was referring to. I see that dlperry & pain_18_ (Chris) added notes about it after my comment, which I'm seeing now, too, for the 1st time. Thanks!

Anyways, here's a clip I found of the correct Steve McQueen - the director of the movie '12 Years A Slave' :

http://www.deadline.com/2014/01/steve-mcqueen-on-the-violence-in-12-years-a-slave-either-i-was-going-to-make-a-film-about-slavery-or-i-wasnt/

I'm looking forward to that movie !

Hi Chris! I'm looking forward to seeing it one day, too. I hear it's a really good, well-made movie.

Hey, as long as you're here, here's my 2 cents of thoughts on something I see that u said earlier. You had said "Should an artist be involved in politics ? No! Because politics demands compromise..."

Well, I understand your concern in general about compromise, but the level of compromise you're concerned about happens w/ people who are actual politicians and w/ people who get paid by politicians & political parties. The rest of society - the millions of us who are not politicians & don't get paid by them - can't leave governing up to the politicians or we're all in trouble. We have to breathe down their necks to make them do what's right or they won't do it on their own.

P.S. Chris, I'm about to hop over to The Art Thread to see what you posted there. Then I'll be logging off. See ya around. :)

P.S. Chris, I'm about to hop over to The Art Thread to see what you posted there. Then I'll be logging off. See ya around. :)

That's cute Alma !!

I get your point about Artists and Politicians...it's just that it seems it takes more and more of Bono's time and the way I see it, it might ruin the creative-process of the new album...

There are more ways of helping people, agreements with politicians can be dangerous as these guys can draw one towards corruption and thus, the end of artistic life...

Edited by pain_18_

Chris, I just saw your newest art post over at The Art Thread. I'm so glad you agreed w/ my suggestion that you should post your art over there. Please keep sharing your art w/ us!!

Chris, I just saw your newest art post over at The Art Thread. I'm so glad you agreed w/ my suggestion that you should post your art over there. Please keep sharing your art w/ us!!

Yep ! Thanks ! I  replied to your post !