Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

joe

A Cup Of Joe For U2! (Merged)

Longtime blogger Joe here to offer a unique look at our band and the life they lead. 

You think your date gave you the cold shoulder on New Year's Eve, check out where Bono and his clan are....Iceland!  Partying with Bjork?  Even Scandinavia isn't sure what to do with Iceland, hence why it's an island. Hint: Iceland is not home to Island Records. If you're trying to put Iceland on the map, bringing celebrity Damien Rice is not the answer, he's hot, but not that hot.  U2's song, 3 Sunrises should go over well there, since Iceland only has about 3 sunrises a year. The rest of the year is spent in total darkness. Getting to Iceland is a pain in the ash as well thanks to all the volcanos, besides the fact that no major airline goes within a thousand miles of it.

http://www.visir.is/bono-eydir-aramotunum-a-islandi/article/2013131239865

When you follow the link to the page, you'll notice Bono holding up two fingers.  At first glance it looks as if he's given his token peace sign, in reality he's informing us of the temperature outside.  Iceland must be having a heat wave, you know with all that global warming stuff. So, if you got the cold shoulder last night, think of Bono freezing his 3 chords and his truth off and smile knowing that you were not alone. ;)

Posted · Hidden by bigwave, January 2, 2014 - duplicate
Hidden by bigwave, January 2, 2014 - duplicate

Longtime blogger Joe here to offer a unique look at our band and the life they lead. 

You think your date gave you the cold shoulder on New Year's Eve, check out where Bono and his clan are....Iceland!  Partying with Bjork?  Even Scandinavia isn't sure what to do with Iceland, hence why it's an island. Hint: Iceland is not home to Island Records. If you're trying to put Iceland on the map, bringing celebrity Damien Rice is not the answer, he's hot, but not that hot.  U2's song, 3 Sunrises should go over well there, since Iceland only has about 3 sunrises a year. The rest of the year is spent in total darkness. Getting to Iceland is a pain in the ash as well thanks to all the volcanos, besides the fact that no major airline goes within a thousand miles of it.

http://www.visir.is/...e/2013131239865

When you follow the link to the page, you'll notice Bono holding up two fingers.  At first glance it looks as if he's given his token peace sign, in reality he's informing us of the temperature outside.  Iceland must be having a heat wave, you know with all that global warming stuff. So, if you got the cold shoulder last night, think of Bono freezing his 3 chords and his truth off and smile knowing that you were not alone. ;)

When you follow the link to the page, you'll notice Bono holding up two fingers.  At first glance it looks as if he's given his token peace sign, in reality he's informing us of the temperature outside. 

Maybe he's ordering two cups of Joe brrrr

Wasn't sure where to post. ;).

ahhh perhaps that's Bono's two finger subliminal message to you Joe...two blogs, you'll need two..!

Iceland in winter . . . . not my dream come true by any means, but would love to go there in summer (do they have summer??? lol, yes they do). All the pics I've seen are gorgeous and it's rugged beauty is so appealing. Watch Walter Mitty  ;)

2 blogs by Joseph - both w/ the same title & posted w/in a few minutes of each other - & a link to a video of a Bono/Ali visit to Iceland which won't stop buffering:  Well, as some folks say in Ireland, That's Melted My Head! (I wonder if phrases about melting make Icelanders nervous.)

Actually, I just wanted to use that saying in a sentence because I just learned it & I think it's funny & cool. I want more Irish slang in my life!

Literally: about 3 minutes ago, I accidentally burned my hand w/ a cup of Joe. <_< I opted for cold water for it - not ice. -_-

Seems to be fine. ;)

Joe's no doubt just trying to confuse us & make a lot of people question whether they had too much champagne last night.

It's like a psychology experiment from some University - Joe's studying us like mice in a cage to see if we go along w/ it. Well, I'll copy & paste my comments here from the other blog in case that one disappears, but then I'm not playing this game anymore... <_<

:lol:

Life is a grind. ;)

Life is a grind. ;)

Lol. Joseph, Joseph, Joseph. Btw, a Happy/Peaceful/Healthy New Year in Boston-town to you & yours.

2 blogs by Joseph - both w/ the same title & posted w/in a few minutes of each other - & a link to a video of a Bono/Ali visit to Iceland which won't stop buffering:  Well, as some folks say in Ireland, That's Melted My Head! (I wonder if phrases about melting make Icelanders nervous.)

Actually, I just wanted to use that saying in a sentence because I just learned it & I think it's funny & cool. I want more Irish slang in my life!

You should start an Irish slang thread! I'd do it, but I don't know any  . . . except "that's melted my head!"

bono1-2976084.jpg

I know this has been floating around for a few days on the internet, but I needed time to digest, so bear with me. 

Tuxedo-Check

White dress- Check

Photographer- Check

Special day that is all about me and that I have dreamed about since I was 5 years old- WRONG!

In the epic photo bomb of 2013, look who just happened to be strolling by.  A country of 4 million people and Ireland's biggest playahhh just happened to walk into U2?  I don't know what is more amazing, Bono being asked to say, "Cheese," or the two fishermen in the background that are completely oblivious to the world's biggest rock star in the world a few yards away?  I hope the 3 empty Guinness bottles that they caught were worth it.   

Imagine if these two weren't U2 fans and declined a photo with Bono!  "No thanks, Bono, but hey do you have Sinead O'Connor's number by any chance?"

Just look at those shades! Not Bono's sunglasses - I mean the flowers.

Seriously - I just love those shades! All sort of soft, mellow, & creamy. The light lemon/yellowish-cream-colored ones remind me of cupcake icing / buttercream goodies. Why am I suddenly hungry? (We'd never hear a man go on about the color of the flowers, right? :rolleyes: ) Pastries. Yes. Where's the reception?

Funny about the fishermen in the background. All in all, a great photograph. The hand-kissing one is awesome, too.

716182.jpg

Bono continues to put a beat down on Iceland.  Rumor has it, if this kid wins the arm wrestling match, U2 plays Iceland next tour.  Who knew Harry Potter lived in Iceland?  Look at this kid's determination and grit.  This kid lives in temperatures of -72 degrees and goes to school via a dog sled, do you think he fears Bono?  My money's on the kid.  Does Iceland use currency or do they just trade seals?

I will be updating this on a regular basis. Subscribe if you are interested in reading my drivel. ;)

Iceland wants to become a member of the European Union. If they succeed we can pay in euros to see U2 in Reykjavík. ;)  That is the capital.

Ooooh... (Rhymes w/ new. :rolleyes: )

...Ooooooh...2 Blogs merged.  :ph34r:  Oh the power.

My latest Cup of Joe!

EW (Entertainment Weekly) just took our canes and shoved them into our hearing aids. The rag mag stated in their latest issue that U2's "core audience was probably too old to fully embrace a surprise digital download debut a la Beyonce." As soon as I put in my dentures, take a nap and try to remember where I put my quill and ink, they're going to get an earful. Now, what was I just saying...oh yeah, too old? Just the other day at Bingo, my friend Mabel said to me just before she left for her dialysis appointment that she doesn't feel a day over 82. Any chance of U2 putting on an early bird concert this go around? Who am I again?

My latest Cup of Joe!

EW (Entertainment Weekly) just took our canes and shoved them into our hearing aids. The rag mag stated in their latest issue that U2's "core audience was probably too old to fully embrace a surprise digital download debut a la Beyonce." As soon as I put in my dentures, take a nap and try to remember where I put my quill and ink, they're going to get an earful. Now, what was I just saying...oh yeah, too old? Just the other day at Bingo, my friend Mabel said to me just before she left for her dialysis appointment that she doesn't feel a day over 82. Any chance of U2 putting on an early bird concert this go around? Who am I again?

:lol:  Us poor ole U2 fans.

post-359221-0-91886100-1388925617_thumb.png

I don't hate the hustle Edge is showing here.  How many Sandra Bulluck film references can you spot here?

Is there a bus that is fast enough to get Sandra Bullock away from The Edge? (See what I did there). Where's Keeanu Reeves when you need him? There's a sentence no one has ever uttered! Hey Edge, that's Miss Congeniality not Miss Sarajevo. She was married to biker Jessie James and probably listens to Anthrax. She loves the bad boys, not U2. You think she's ever heard of Unknown Caller? The only time she cared about re-booting herself was when she lodged a boot in Jessie's ass for cheating on her. Step aside and stop staring at her ya ya's. Gravity has not taken effect over them yet.

This pic doesn't do her justice. But then there's no one on the planet who can't take a bad pic.

I love me some Sandra Bullock. :)

She's an excellent actress & a lovely human being.

Here we go. (From 'Miss Congeniality.')

P.S. This is cute, Joseph: "Is there a bus that is fast enough to get Sandra Bullock away from The Edge? (See what I did there)."

Keep that quill sharp! ;)