Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

joe

A Cup Of Joe For U2! (Merged)

Yes Fe - that's much better. :lol:

I'm sure Sandra would thank you. I'm not sure Bono would! :P

Joe is at it again - studying us like mice in a cage. Anyone else notice that he once again has diabolically created TWO posts of the exact same blog? Maybe he's a sadist or a masochist. (I forget which.) Veteran of the blogs that he is, it must be on purpose!

Hey, I'm not taking the bait at the other thread. Just leave that one alone.

Lol Ana, I double post because I'm not sure if people follow this post and if they'd know it was updated.

The people want to hear me. They need to hear me. ;)

STOP IT, Joseph! JUST STOP IT!

THEY HEAR YOU ALREADY!   BELIEVE ME - WE HEAR YOU!

You're going to drive us Looney if you don't stop it. And THEN where would you be?

I can't hear you. ;)

Lol Ana, I double post because I'm not sure if people follow this post and if they'd know it was updated.

The people want to hear me. They need to hear me. ;)

Alma. Not Ana. Now you're double-naming me! :huh:

You have to stop it. For Lord's sake just stop it! "Uncle!" I give up. Or should I say "Uncle uncle!" to be sure u hear me?

I think maybe you just wanted to get my attention. That's all this was about. Right?

Aww. That was sweet, Joe! :wub:  Ok. You got my attention. Now go back to posting things the normal way, ok? I promise I'll still pay attention to your posts! :lol:

But it's dinnertime. I washed potatoes, peeled some of them, diced them all. Measured out spices. Raised one flame. Lowered another. Stirred. Etc. Now that it's all done cooking, I don't think I should skip dinner just to set the universe right at u2.com. Right? :D

Wasn't sure where to post. ;).

Such an easy set up you left hanging, and no one took the bait?  Ya need a better audience.  ;)

post-359221-0-38450100-1391973902_thumb.jpg

Saw this on an Instagram posting at AtU2.com

* CVS is a pharmacy chain in the United States.

Look who just joined the 21st century.  CVS coming in hot with an 8 year old U2 song lyric reference.  This isn't the only thing CVS is late to the plate with, just this week CVS announced that they will no longer be selling cigarettes by the end of this year.  Isn't that nice of them?  "It’s like the room just cleared of smoke," yeah right.   We'll do the right thing, but not until we get that last dime out of every nicotine addicts' hand.  You have to love a company that makes a bazillion dollars on selling smoking products in aisle 3 and another bazillion dollars on selling anti-smoking products in aisle 4.  The CVS near my house has one of those blood pressure machines stationed right next to the Coke machine...brilliant!   Capitalism, you gotta love it.

716182.jpg

Bono continues to put a beat down on Iceland.  Rumor has it, if this kid wins the arm wrestling match, U2 plays Iceland next tour.  Who knew Harry Potter lived in Iceland?  Look at this kid's determination and grit.  This kid lives in temperatures of -72 degrees and goes to school via a dog sled, do you think he fears Bono?  My money's on the kid.  Does Iceland use currency or do they just trade seals?

Both of the photos in this thread are great! 

Love this one though! That kid might could pass for a young Larry Mullen! Ha! #bonointimewarp

I think U2's music is better served when they get inspiration from places like Iceland or northern Europe than Morocco (not that I don't love their work in and for Africa - but just don't see the interconnection of their style with the other). I think their musical roots and their best material come from within the cold starkness of wintry Europe or from places of deep hurting and emotion (Hence, War, JT, AB). Or a layering of both together. 

Bge1HtiCUAEA6H7.jpg

*UPDATED 2/15/14

CNN has to be the worst cable station, right?  First of all, who the hell is in charge of your bottom scroll?  Anderson Cooper?  Can't be, word on the street is he scrolls bottoms better than anyone in the game.trans.gif  Hungry like the Wolf Blitzer?  Which ever flunkie wrote this should be shot and I'm not talking two shots of happy, one shot of sad.  I'm talking literally....tazered! 

How many times are the other members of U-2 going to be kicked in the teeth by idiots who keep separating Bono from the other members?  U-2 is not Bruce Springsteen and the E-Street- Band.  Does the braintrust at CNN think that unless Bono is identified separately, no one will know who U-2 is?  You know, the group that won 22 Grammys, who? The biggest band on earth, who? Bono? Oh, U-2....the group with the hyphen, yes I know them.  

When did U-2 become A-Ha?  The hyphen is like the bastard child of punctuation marks, often forgotten and only good enough to get you a beer from the fridge.  I mean, the hyphen is in 14 different time zones away from the letter U and the number 2 on the keyboard.  It's not like Flunkie Frank accidently hit the hyphen button, this was deliberate, which means one of two things: either Flunkie Frank is a crystal meth addict or he's a Justin Bieber fan.  Maybe both, which would make him a two time loser.

Frankie, step away from the keyboard slowly with your hands up!

Love the pics, they need captions!

Come read me at u2radio.com

Hater in the house. Boopsie, don't hate my hustle.

Hater in the house. Boopsie, don't hate my hustle.

No more hate, Joe.  ;) 

Only ordinary love.  :wub:

No, I am a contributing writer. Check it out. My next post will be up Sunday.

I've seen your posts on U2radio.com.  

They're very entertaining, and you can't beat the music! 

Looking forward to your Sunday edition.  :)