paoladegliesposti

Poems, Videos, Lyrics, Letting A Positive Vibe-->Or Making Reflect--> Or Smile

1,190 posts in this topic

I clicked on the link. Hmmm. A poem about the unkindness of people who forget a friend.

I like trying to give people the benefit of the doubt, but such folk do exist who'd throw a friend under the bus - especially for some perceived benefit to themselves. Shallow maybe.

Same reaction here. :huh:

My reaction to the ending of the poem: Hmmm...what the heck is she talking about. :lol:

Actually, the first 2 sections of the poem (verses?) are in a style that reminds me of what my own poetry-writing was likely to be like years ago. Poems I would write back then were likely to be similar to the writing there, saying the types of things Elizabeth Bishop says there & in a similar way. Interesting.

a telling , in an unknown place,  not a prosperous environment, in that time, two friends, on holiday time:

we sit on a bench and waiting for the train to come. People come and go on rail platform and really it is familiar. Although i don't feel alone beside my dear mate, companion of the most absurd nights and sometimes days, i have a sense of excitement of what is is going to be. Such a feeling it is not welcome to me. The train is small and it will lead us to the final destination. That town. My dear mate is well informed about it as she described it as a place where we are going to see lot of beautiful things. My uncertainty about the future doesn't want to consider any of her positive propaganda. I am there because it is holiday time and i hope to find healthy situations and eventually to enrich my knowledge about habits and behaviours.
Now we are on the train and as usual i look outside the window, countryside is amazing,such as vegetations. Good climate i think.
Surprise arrives when we get out of the station, such a wind i never been in before and i would say a bit of annoying with its persistence,but i had the perception to be in a special location as my heart felt differently. My mate says : We have to take the bus to reach the hotel.  ' All right , i answer.'  She is the boss.
Many of these places,pretty decorated and warm we have stayed in the last days and if i knew ,i couldn't have moved from my home, in truth. But, something has been changed in me as i have had the opportunity to verify that young people are not so different everywhere. Now looking at myself at the mirror, i would like coming back in time to live back what i lived and what it is now it 's myself alone that looks like another person.
Stupefying as it is a matter of time, when i get out of the bathroom, my mate is at the table and  the unpredictable is waiting for me and from my shortsighted view, it is not only a new situation,it is absolutely out of it. In this case i have seen the authority, the bringer of a truth, and with stone in his eyes.

And suddenly i have no past, instead a push inside that i have to tell and tell.

:)

Edited by paoladegliesposti

Hope it's ok to join in.....

Fading ice of a winter's dawn, a sky reclaims. No longer meadows of barren glass, now flowing tides of hope. A heart opens. Rushing to drink from the warmth removing a cold ache. The greens of spring will wait a little longer, bulb now rooted. Patience.

The brume fell across my thoughts as I traveled a beam of visibility. Nothing but shadows of past and future enclose the present. Wondering if the path will guide to a stop or a comfort hope.

Fading ice of a winter's dawn, a sky reclaims. No longer meadows of barren glass, now flowing tides of hope. A heart opens. Rushing to drink from the warmth removing a cold ache. The greens of spring will wait a little longer, bulb now rooted. Patience.

The brume fell across my thoughts as I traveled a beam of visibility. Nothing but shadows of past and future enclose the present. Wondering if the path will guide to a stop or a comfort hope.

:rolleyes:

It's more than ok to join in, tracmic. It's very welcome. :)

I'm wondering if you wrote what you posted here? Also, I think some of your 2nd post would lend itself to being song lyrics.

"a telling , in an unknown place,  not a prosperous environment, in that time, two friends, on holiday time:

we sit on a bench and waiting for the train to come...And suddenly i have no past, instead a push inside that i have to tell and tell."

Paola, when I read what you posted there, I thought "Ahhh - a vignette. :) "  It's like a little sketch in writing. :)

I'm wondering if you wrote what you posted here? Also, I think some of your 2nd post would lend itself to being song lyrics.

Yes Alma1 all those words are mine. I get lost in life sometimes and need to just shut up and let words, be words. Thank you for saying

Yes Alma1 all the words are mine. Thank you for saying about the lyrics part. Sometimes I let the world creep in and just have to let words be words. I have a lot of little musings that I will add. Thank you for the kindness.

"a telling , in an unknown place,  not a prosperous environment, in that time, two friends, on holiday time:

we sit on a bench and waiting for the train to come...And suddenly i have no past, instead a push inside that i have to tell and tell."

Paola, when I read what you posted there, I thought "Ahhh - a vignette. :) "  It's like a little sketch in writing. :)

you mean, comedian?

Yes Alma1 all those words are mine. I get lost in life sometimes and need to just shut up and let words, be words. Thank you for saying

When you say "get lost in" do you mean carried away / engrossed in / caught up in...or do you mean "lost" as in 'can't seem to find my way' / 'head down the wrong path' / 'can't seem to find my bearings?'