paoladegliesposti

Poems, Videos, Lyrics, Letting A Positive Vibe-->Or Making Reflect--> Or Smile

2 hours ago, paoladegliesposti said:

And with what body do they come?

'And with what body do they come?' - 
Then they do come - Rejoice!
What Door - What Hour - Run - run - My Soul!
Illuminate the House!

'Body!' Then real - a Face and Eyes - 
To know that it is them!
Paul knew the Man that knew the News - 
He passed through Bethlehem - 

Emily Dickinson

:)

:o Paola! I didn't remember that Dickinson poem! I don't remember having seen it before. What awesome poetry you've been posting! I'm glad you posted the Shelley & Rossetti poems, too. :)

"But soft! What light through yonder window breaks?

It is the East, & Juliette is the sun."

And that's your ounce of Shakespeare for today. (From memory, so I hope I got it right. ^_^ ) 

357. A Grace before dinner.

O THOU who kindly dost provide
For every creature's want!
We bless Thee, God of Nature wide,
For all Thy goodness lent:
And if it please Thee, Heavenly Guide,
May never worse be sent;
But, whether granted, or denied,
Lord, bless us with content. Amen 

Robert Burns

• :mellow:Share on Twitter

Distant Time - Poem by Rabindranath Tagore

I know not from what distant time 
thou art ever coming nearer to meet me. 
Thy sun and stars can never keep thee hidden from me for aye. 

In many a morning and eve thy footsteps have been heard 
and thy messenger has come within my heart and called me in secret. 

I know not only why today my life is all astir, 
and a feeling of tremulous joy is passing through my heart. 

It is as if the time were come to wind up my work, 
and I feel in the air a faint smell of thy sweet presence. 

Edited by paoladegliesposti

Thank you for your comments/advice.  I was aware of some.  The movie, It's a Wonderful Life, was under public domain for years and years.  Networks paid nothing to show it.  One could make copies and sell it with no recourse, I believe.  Frank Capra never copyrighted it.  Eventually someone realized and became wealthier quickly as he obtained the rights and now gets the $$$. 

Yes, it was Maya Angelou.  I tend to shorten longer titles w/o realizing it.   I did not realize there was a poetry thread on U2.com.  This is cool.  It's also a great way of finding poems I have not read or had read yet forgotten.   Thanks.

In that land, with that sky, that house, that water which shows the sky, I see myself over there, singing a song, walking along and pray for a better world all around.Hurry up!

4cQGz9o.jpg

So it is the day after the first North American leg of the Joshua Tree 2017 Tour and guess what? I found my poetic voice once again as I have been creatively unproductive for longer than I care to admit to. Thanks U2 (Larry, Adam, Paul and David) and Community Moderators Max and mich40 for encouraging and inspiring me! This is just a starting line or two...there is more on the way!Notes_170702_200327_d7c_0.thumb.jpg.a0d2bfb28a54c2fe7bdc8a4ae25f0dee.jpg

On 7/2/2017 at 10:10 PM, natural11 said:

So it is the day after the first North American leg of the Joshua Tree 2017 Tour and guess what? I found my poetic voice once again as I have been creatively unproductive for longer than I care to admit to. Thanks U2 (Larry, Adam, Paul and David) and Community Moderators Max and mich40 for encouraging and inspiring me! This is just a starting line or two...there is more on the way!Notes_170702_200327_d7c_0.thumb.jpg.a0d2bfb28a54c2fe7bdc8a4ae25f0dee.jpg

Lovely that you were inspired. Maybe it was also the poetry they scrolled on the screen too. 

A friend told me, some times ago, I should post the video I made on the official u2website, so here it is. I really enjoyed making it, and i still can't believe the number of views. Far from perfect but I love it. I hope you will too.

Can someone please tell me how to insert a video as people have done above?  I have read how to embed off youtube but cannot figure out how to get the actual video into my comment.  All I get is the embedding code copied and pasted.