paoladegliesposti

Poems, Videos, Lyrics, Letting A Positive Vibe-->Or Making Reflect--> Or Smile

On 5/2/2018 at 7:25 AM, Manohlive said:

May I ask where this pic was taken/where this is?  

From Google. It Is Versailles, France. It is History!

I could tell it is history as it's so beautifully aged.  I thought perhaps it might be Bologna.  I've spent over two years of my life in Italy.  Been to Venice three times and foolishly did not stay in or ever go to Bologna.  Venice is okay but not the Italy I love.  I need good food and real people not mobs of tourists and cruise ships.  You are from Bologna, yes?  I hear the food is incredible and the university is very old.  Love that stuff.

• Like 1

The secret of Venice is to walk any direction away from the tourist traps and you’ll stumble across a small square run with a good restaurant run by locals !

I figured that out, however; I still enjoy the food much more in other places of Italy.  Venice is very beautiful.  My favorite thing to do is take the vaporetti to the islands.  I've yet to see Da Vinci's Proportions of Man at the Accademia.  The Bari church was incredible.  I get very frustrated with St Mark's Basilica.  There's nowhere to pray, as a Catholic.  My gosh is that Basilica beautiful.   I love Venice but it seems like it's not the Italy I know.  My favorites are Rome and Naples.  I know my way around those cities better than I do my own city of Milwaukee.  I want to live in Trastevere in Rome.  Time will tell.  I've been there enough to know I'd love it and get on well.  Aren't you in Barcelona?  It's been a while since I saw the Sagrada Familia.  I'm very envious and now I'm hungry for churros con chocolate again.

To get this thread back to poetry...here is my mentor I keep mentioning.  He was/is what may be the dearest friend I've ever had.  Reading his translations of Sophocles and Euripides and Plautus and Sappho and Aristophones and so many more are well worth the endeavour.  I badly miss him but know I'll see him again.  This man was brilliant and funny beyond anything I had known.  I also got to stay in a virtual art museum every time I visited him as his mentor was the English painter, Duncan Grant.  Had I not listened to a voice in my head and said hello...a whole world would never have opened for me.  He was a professor of mine in Milwaukee, WI.  How the Bloomsbury movement came to Milwaukee and I got swept up in it happening is one of the greatest joys of my life.

On 5/4/2018 at 11:50 AM, Manohlive said:

I could tell it is history as it's so beautifully aged.  I thought perhaps it might be Bologna.  I've spent over two years of my life in Italy.  Been to Venice three times and foolishly did not stay in or ever go to Bologna.  Venice is okay but not the Italy I love.  I need good food and real people not mobs of tourists and cruise ships.  You are from Bologna, yes?  I hear the food is incredible and the university is very old.  Love that stuff.

And many shows, music gigs, theatre's performances, also a market similar to Camden Town's Portobello,  a smaller one, frankly, on Fridays and Saturdays. Province of Europe, I dare say. Here I was born and I ever lived. Thank you!

1 hour ago, paoladegliesposti said:

And many shows, music gigs, theatre's performances, also a market similar to Camden Town's Portobello,  a smaller one, frankly, on Fridays and Saturdays. Province of Europe, I dare say. Here I was born and I ever lived. Thank you!

Thank you!  Of all places, Bologna is probably my first choice.  Theater is my favorite indulgence.  It's nice to know it's doing well in Bolonga.  We have a thriving theatrical scene where I live, in Milwaukee, WI of the USA.  Are you going to any shows for SOE?  I don't know if they are playing Rome.  I'm drunk and cannot look it up but that would be my first choice.  I do remember they are playing Milano, which is much closer for you.  I hope you get to see them this tour.

Thank you. I do not know, Milan is not near , I do not drive anymore. By the way the show is great and set list amazing for what I have seen and heard. 

3 hours ago, paoladegliesposti said:

Thank you. I do not know, Milan is not near , I do not drive anymore. By the way the show is great and set list amazing for what I have seen and heard. 

I imagined you would take the train.Three hours back n forth and schedules plus tickets price adds up quickly.   Concerts are my greatest love.  It's sad they've become so expensive.  When I add all that up it would give me pause too.  It would involve big sacrifices.  

Edited by Manohlive
  • Thanks 1

A beautiful song with the lyrics in this clip.  It is one of those universally beautiful songs that few people know.  If you have the time-give this a listen and read the lyrics.  They are beautiful and give hope.

• Brilliant 1

10 hours ago, Manohlive said:

A beautiful song with the lyrics in this clip.  It is one of those universally beautiful songs that few people know.  If you have the time-give this a listen and read the lyrics.  They are beautiful and give hope.

''Deep is your love''' Bee Gees ??

6 hours ago, paoladegliesposti said:

'Deep is your love''' Bee Gees ??

I love the Bee Gees.  I'm not quite sure what you are asking.  Are you asking if it's the Bee Gees?  If so, no,  is not.  It is a group called O.A.R., which means of Of A Revolution.  Here is another great song of theirs which has great lyrical content.  The video is sweet as well.  I had backstage passes, as my friend was doing the spotlight, for their show at Summerfest last year.  The lead singer is so humble and a very nice guy.  He snuck out behind stage, shortly before showtime and looked at the crowd.  He crawled the whole length of the stage so nobody saw him.  I was backstage hovering and observing everything.  I don't care about meeting the acts.  They have a show to do.  I don't want to bother them.  He came back from watching the crowd and had the happiest smile on his face.  I smiled because it a very cool thing to see.  These guys are very popular and have a particular tie to Milwaukee.  Summerfest really helped them because we have great crowds.  The sound sytem went out for Shattered, which is their most known song.  It dysfunctioned.  He turned the mic to the crowd and said, "Here you do it.  You sound a lot better than we do right now."  We sang the whole song.  He's a very nice and very humble guy.  I really like this band because of it.  I get to see them at Summerfest this year again, too.  It won't cost me a penny.  We have ways to get in free where you donate to food banks and other promos.  It's a very cool musical festival and nobody knows it.  You can go on Summerfest.com and see what I mean.

• Thanks 1

Did you think it was the Bee Gees ?    It made me laugh no matter so thanks to U2.   Did you think it was the brothers Gibb?  

On 5/7/2018 at 7:16 PM, Manohlive said:

Did you think it was the Bee Gees ?    It made me laugh no matter so thanks to U2.   Did you think it was the brothers Gibb?  

No, it was thought related to the lyrics of the video-song you have posted.

I get it now.  How Deep is Your Love is my favorite song off Saturday Night Fever. 

• Thanks 1