I love you more than all the fires
that fence in the world, 
for the fire makes a circle of light for everyone
and then no one outside learns of you. 

But the darkness pulls in everything-
shapes and fires, animals and myself, 
how easily it gathers them! -
powers and people-

and it is possible a great presence is moving near me. 

I have faith in nights. 

•  

Who has seen the wind?

Who has seen the wind?
Neither I nor you.
But when the leaves hang trembling,
The wind is passing through.
Who has seen the wind?
Neither you nor I.
But when the trees bow down their heads,
The wind is passing by. 

Christina Georgina Rossetti

•  
  •  
  • Grace, she takes the blame
    She covers the shame
    Removes the stain
    It could be her name

Grace, it's the name for a girl
    It's also a thought that changed the world
    And when she walks on the street
    You can hear the strings
    Grace finds goodness in everything

Grace, she's got the walk
    Not on a ramp or on chalk
    She's got the time to talk
    She travels outside of karma
    She travels outside of karma
    When she goes to work
    You can hear her strings
    Grace finds beauty in everything

Grace, she carries a world on her hips
    No champagne flute for her lips
    No twirls or skips between her fingertips
    She carries a pearl in perfect condition

What once was hurt
    What once was friction
    What left a mark
    No longer stings
    Because Grace makes beauty
    Out of ugly things

Grace makes beauty out of ugly things
  • Songwriters: ADAM CLAYTON, DAVE EVANS, LARRY MULLEN, PAUL HEWSON
    © Universal Music Publishing Group
  •  
  •  

Edited by natural11

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/videos/category/history/the-art-of-gaman-arts-and-crafts-from-the-j/

Learning about the Art of Gaman.我慢

The Art of Gaman: Arts and Crafts from the Japanese American Internment Camps
Read more: https://www.smithsonianmag.com/videos/category/history/the-art-of-gaman-arts-and-crafts-from-the-j/#stx1MT6R7hyJeqwD.99

Edited by natural11

On 7/22/2017 at 7:57 AM, illumination70 said:

Do you remember those John Denver tv specials in the 70's.  I remember my family and I would stay up to watch his variety shows (they were popular in the 70's) and be raving about them the next morning.

Oh my gosh, yes.  I remember being in heaven one special because he sang, Looking for Space.  He is a very underrated artist.  Rhymes and Reasons is a beautiful song.  I can't say I'm very fond of John Denver and the Ladies.  I lasted all of thrity seconds in front of the TV for that one.  No offense.  I'm laughing about it.  I thought he was best with a guitar in his hand and Lee Holdrige's orchestral arrangements.

Edited by Manohlive
  • Like 1

On 3/25/2018 at 5:18 PM, natural11 said:

No offense to the poster, however; this clip bothers me.   The child is cute and smart.  The father appears a bit sactimonious.  I do not know him personally.  The child is on TV for ratings.  Why not have the kid learn mythology first?  It's a lot more interesting at a younger age.  This child is not even in kindergarten.  Wait until that kid thinks he's better than other children because he can quote a Bible.  The father is missing the point.  I think Steve Harvey can be funny but he's a ratings whore. The he rewards the kid with a basket full of Spiderman toys?  It makes no sense.

Where is the child who can read from the Torah  and the child who can read from the Quran?  We'd never see them on TV in the middle of the day for a talk show.  This is not the American in which I belive.  It is promoting a political agenda using religion for ratings.  I can't be certain.  I've watched it a few times.  It's all cued and prompted and practiced and dressed up nicely.  They are missing the point of the message in their enthusiasm for attention.

Edited by Manohlive

2 hours ago, Manohlive said:

No offense to the poster, however; this clip bothers me.   The child is cute and smart.  The father appears a bit sactimonious.  I do not know him personally.  The child is on TV for ratings.  Why not have the kid learn mythology first?  It's a lot more interesting at a younger age.  This child is not even in kindergarten.  Wait until that kid thinks he's better than other children because he can quote a Bible.  The father is missing the point.  I think Steve Harvey can be funny but he's a ratings whore. The he rewards the kid with a basket full of Spiderman toys?  It makes no sense.

Where is the child who can read from the Torah  and the child who can read from the Quran?  We'd never see them on TV in the middle of the day for a talk show.  This is not the American in which I belive.  It is promoting a political agenda using religion for ratings.  I can't be certain.  I've watched it a few times.  It's all cued and prompted and practiced and dressed up nicely.  They are missing the point of the message in their enthusiasm for attention.

He did say that the kid had gone viral on YouTube, which is where he probably found it or it was pointed out to him. I’ve seen a couple people share a post of the little boy on FB, thinking it’s Prince George. I have no idea where they are from but there is a church and homeschooling movement in the South that is Classical training, in which things are learned with bible verses or songs. And yes, unfortunately a lot of children that are trained that way do think they are better than others as they get older. Rather than thinking there is an agenda, I’m actually surprised that they had that on National TV. 

3 hours ago, mich40 said:

He did say that the kid had gone viral on YouTube, which is where he probably found it or it was pointed out to him. I’ve seen a couple people share a post of the little boy on FB, thinking it’s Prince George. I have no idea where they are from but there is a church and homeschooling movement in the South that is Classical training, in which things are learned with bible verses or songs. And yes, unfortunately a lot of children that are trained that way do think they are better than others as they get older. Rather than thinking there is an agenda, I’m actually surprised that they had that on National TV. 

I just signed in to clean up my words.  I thought about what you wrote.  I think you are right. I don't think this necessarily has a political agenda. I think it plays to one. I was wrong with how I stated my thought.  I don't want to judge.  If the school is classical training, then I resuggest mythology.  Edith Hamilton is my favorite.  

If a child knew the entire Quran by heart and could recite it while standing on his or her head with a mouth full of water-would that child be on American TV?  It really bothers me how they present all of this to the masses while making sure it's pretty and polished for TV.  I like Steve Harvey.  He's made me laugh so many times.  It seems the producer made a foolish call in allowing this piece to air on national television, as you mentioned.

Now to the good part:  Price George???  :lol:  Doesn't he live in Maine?  Massachussetts?   France?  

No offense, Natural11.  I can see how someone would see this and merely see a cute little boy or whatever.  My criticism is not of your post. 

Edited by Manohlive
  • Thanks 1