Sign in to follow this  
MacFoley

New Song "invisble" Free Itunes Download 2/2 - 3/2 And Superbowl Advert

I don't use iTunes that much and never downloaded anything from them, so I've been wondering how will this work? Will the download be available via the European iTunes store or do have try and get onto the USA iTunes store?! I've know idea what to do!?!

U2 TEASES 'INVISIBLE,' BONO SAYS IT'S NOT FIRST SINGLE

7835-t.jpg

Posted: January 30, 2014

By: Matt McGee

Now we know for certain: "Invisible" is from U2's next album, but it's not the first single. That's the word from Bono in a newUSA Today article about the band's partnership with (RED) and Bank of America to use the song in a Super Bowl commercial this Sunday. The track will be a free download around the world via iTunes from 6:00 pm ET Sunday until 11:59 pm ET Monday. And then, the article says, the song will no longer be available on iTunes.

Bono says they chose "Invisible" because "it's the first [song] we finished," and the band has a different song in mind as the first single:

I don't use iTunes that much and never downloaded anything from them, so I've been wondering how will this work? Will the download be available via the European iTunes store or do have try and get onto the USA iTunes store?! I've know idea what to do!?!

Download iTunes now from google. Install it, and it will be ready to go. Easy as that. 

Yes, I've had iTunes on my computer for years but I just use in the play my music files. I've never downloaded anything, so have no idea how this will work!? I mean, will there be like an ad or a link to on click or what?!

Edited by Celebrian

Yes, I've had iTunes on my computer for years but I just use in the play my music files. I've never downloaded anything, so have no idea how this will work!? I mean, will there be like an ad or a link to on click or what?!

Open up your iTunes, go to the store, you will see a countdown for the new U2 download. 

Open up your iTunes, go to the store, you will see a countdown for the new U2 download. 

Well this is what I mean, I've being doing just that, opened iTunes and gone to the store but there's no countdown for the new U2 download on my iTunes!?!

Okay proplem solved, I had to change the store from Finland to the US iTunes store! Now I can see the countdown!! But I still don't know if I'll be able to download the song coz I'm only valid the purchace via the Finnish account but this is free, so does it matter?!

Edited by Celebrian

Question is, How long will 2 million free downloads take to be gone? Surely even your non U2 iTunes buyer will be on this!

Hopefully it'll end up free here for subscribers :-)

Ach. Just noticed the countdown on iTunes...looks like I'll have to wait until 11pm on Sunday, which means staying up later than I usually would.

Ach. Just noticed the countdown on iTunes...looks like I'll have to wait until 11pm on Sunday, which means staying up later than I usually would.

Go on, treat yourself! ;)

February 2, 2009 - U2 boots Super Bowl 2009 - Get On Your Boots

video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTKC13uyGAc

1 : Whaaaaat ???? So 'Invisible' must, at all costs, put a boot up 'Get on your Boot's A** !!

2: Of course I'll stay up late and hope the site won't crash, still don't understand what will happen after the 2 million free downloads run out !!!

What time exactly can we expect it to be ready for download ? Its already the 2nd here

What time exactly can we expect it to be ready for download ? Its already the 2nd here

From 6:00 PM, the 2nd of Feb. New York City Time, there's a countdown-thumbnail on iTunes, there are 23 hours and 30 minutes left until Download !

Enter iTunes Store and scroll up and down, it must be somewhere around there !

Edited by pain_18_

If not, click the little Home - Shaped icon at the top, it redirects you to the main-iTunesStore-page !

Edited by pain_18_