Sign in to follow this  
MacFoley

New Song "invisble" Free Itunes Download 2/2 - 3/2 And Superbowl Advert

The band have given a new track, 'Invisible', to (RED) for a free download on iTunes next week - for 24 hours only. 

The song, produced by Danger Mouse and mixed by Tom Elmhirst, launches a partnership with (RED) and Bank of America to fight AIDS

Every time the track is downloaded, anywhere in the world, a $1 donation will be made to (RED) by Bank of America - up to a total of $2m. All the funds will go to the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria

'Invisible' will be available on iTunes for 24hours from Feb 2nd - 'Super Bowl Sunday'. A commercial during the Super Bowl will feature the band performing the track, from a forthcoming video directed by Mark Romanek. 

Since Bono and Bobby Shriver founded (RED) in 2006, to engage business in the fight against AIDS, it's generated more than $240 million for the Global Fund. (RED) and its partners – from Bank of America, to Starbucks, Apple and others – are working to end mother-to-child transmission of the deadly HIV virus by 2015, in line with the UN Millennium Development Goals

More in the FT here.

REPORT: BONO SAYS JUNE FOR NEW ALBUM

Posted: January 13, 2014
By: Matt McGee

Make of this what you want, but Roger Friedman is reporting on Showbiz411 that Bono told him U2's new album may not be out until June. Friedman says he chatted with Bono at the Weinstein Films Golden Globes afterparty.

"We're still working some things out" is how Bono is quoted in the article. He later describes the new song, "Invisible," as "It's not what you expect. It's not your typical love song."

The only thing the band has said officially is that "Invisible" will be released soon as part of a project with (RED), and our reports prior to that are that "Invisible" will be used in a Super Bowl commercial on February 2nd.

Edited by MacFoley

I love the super bowl just mainly for the commercials!!!

sounds like great fun

although, I must admit it was even better when the Packers won a few years ago :D

Darn, that means I have to sit up to silly hour and watch a sport I don't understand - all in the name of music!

Sounds like a plan.

I think their brand partner for the commercial will be beats. I don't approve of it but I think that if they (bono) want to stay relevant, partnering with beats wouldn't be a bad idea to get publicity. It also coincides with Beats releasing their new music streaming service which comes out January 21st. Anyways, new u2 is always good

Of course I'm all excited and can't wait to see it...but...I can't believe I'll have to sit through a 3 hour game to wait for a 30-60 second commercial...can you say nuts?!

:blink:

Edited by Allegra

I think their brand partner for the commercial will be beats. I don't approve of it but I think that if they (bono) want to stay relevant, partnering with beats wouldn't be a bad idea to get publicity. It also coincides with Beats releasing their new music streaming service which comes out January 21st. Anyways, new u2 is always good

Brand partner? Is U2 a brand now? 

I heard somewhere that they were looking for a company to help them with the commercial. Like blackberry a few years ago.

Well, it's too late to look...commercials have been booked for 2 months now...I guess it will be a total surprise...can't find any info on the commercial anywhere on the net...looks like it's hush hush.

Found this in atu2.com:

"Billboard magazine was unable to confirm any more of the management shuffle, but in its article there's additional news about U2's musical plans. Billboard says the next album is tentatively set to be released in April, and U2 is looking for "brand partners" to help announce the album via a Super Bowl TV commercial. Billboard says Oseary is leading those discussions.

So this is obviously huge news, all but confirmed by McGuinness' statement. While you're waiting for the next bit of news to come in, feel free to join your fellow fans who are already discussing this in the @U2 forum."

This is from a few months back, so I don't know if it's still accurate.

Holy shit, this is great news indeed - don't think I'll stay up to catch the ad though, will catch up on here the next day I think :)

allegra, just make some of that famous texas chilli and invite over a bunch of friends...

the commercials can be genius and maybe even the half time show will be good....

who is doing the half time show???

U2 CONFIRMS NEW SONG CALLED 'INVISIBLE'

For (RED) Project, No Mention of Super Bowl

@U2, January 12, 2014

By: Matt McGee

U2 has shed a little bit of light on what the band has been doing for the past week or so in Santa Monica. A short update on U2.com confirms that the band has been doing a video shoot involving a new song called "Invisible" -- that title wasmentioned not too long ago in a Los Angeles Times article. The song will be released as part of an AIDS-fighting project with (RED), U2.com reports.

The official update is more notable for what it doesn't say than what it does. There's no mention of the song/project being tied to a Super Bowl commercial, which all of our sources (and many in attendance during last week's video shoot) said it was. There's also no mention of whether "Invisible" is part of U2's next album, or if it's just being released for this (RED) project.

Not like the band to release an album in June! But, hey, I know what I'll be listening to at the BBQ! 'INVISIBLE' from that now unavailable source, did sound a little bit more like U2 - if that makes sense, certainly the 'brand' of U2 music I like.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/11/showbiz/red-hot-chili-peppers-super-bowl/index.html

allegra, just make some of that famous texas chilli and invite over a bunch of friends...

the commercials can be genius and maybe even the half time show will be good....

Bruno Mars with the Red Hot Chili Peppers. This oughta be good!

http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/11/showbiz/red-hot-chili-peppers-super-bowl/index.html

The poster says "Bruno Mars with special guests Red Hot Chili Peppers". I was just like, SERIOUSLY?! Surely it should be RHCP with special guest Bruno Mars? It's ridiculous!

The poster says "Bruno Mars with special guests Red Hot Chili Peppers". I was just like, SERIOUSLY?! Surely it should be RHCP with special guest Bruno Mars? It's ridiculous!

Chili's are bad enough...:D seriously, they suck now.

thanks U2LAWoman!

Did anyone see bruno mars recently on saturday night live?

He was really very good at acting, and was terribly funny, not to mention good looking!

His music is hopping and jumping....work off those pizzas and brats during half time get down!

Edited by xtraspicy62

HA!

I'll be making my homemade salsa instead!

I've heard I make THE BEST SALSA EVER!

I add to the Tex-Mex experience

;)

(Now if I can only figure out how to can it, I'll be in big business!   B) )