Sign in to follow this  
MacFoley

New Song "invisble" Free Itunes Download 2/2 - 3/2 And Superbowl Advert

So it's official this download IS NOT available to anyone here in Finland! :(  I received emails with links from both RED and u2.com for the download but all I get from iTunes is the following disappointing message THE ITEM YOU'RE LOOKING FOR CANNOT BE FOUND! :wacko:

And even though I was able to get the song, via a kind soul here on Zootopia, (thanks so much Chris, I owe you one! ;) ) I would have still loved to have taken part in this but couldn't!! :huh:

But I do really like the new song, definate New Order/Joy Division influence! :wub:

Edited by Celebrian

"I'm more than you know

I'm more than you see

More than you let me be"

Bono is on fire!! Love the lyric.

"I'm more than you know

I'm more than you see

More than you let me be"

Agreed!!!

I wonder how many people have downloaded it so far...

I was wondering that this morning.

Good ploy to get the sales up and get into the charts doing it for free!, although its clearly for charity lol. Good work whoever thought of that idea!

"I'm more than you know

I'm more than you see

More than you let me be"

Agreed!!!

Yeah its not wishy washy

Good ploy to get the sales up and get into the charts doing it for free!, although its clearly for charity lol. Good work whoever thought of that idea!

The surprise word 'free' was more of an event than the song itself for me!! ;)  :lol: ...U2 + free...does not compute...

(Is it a worrying sign that they're now giving their music away ;) ...just teasing folks!)

The surprise word 'free' was more of an event than the song itself for me!! ;)  :lol: ...U2 + free...does not compute...

(Is it a worrying sign that they're now giving their music away ;) ...just teasing folks!)

Good F**king point !!!

Sage with age tee hee -_-  ;)

True, Introduction to Songs of Experience, that track is Smashing !!!

Sage, age and Experience go together !

Cougar alert :lol:

Sage, age and Experience go together !

Cougar alert :lol:

I don't know this one...

iTunes doesn't work on my computer for some dumb reason, so I'll have to wait to grab from somewhere else when it shows up.  From the short clip I've seen and heard, not too impressed, but have to hear the whole song.  I can't stand drum machines and lots of synth, that was my concern with them using Danger Mouse, I would've much preferred Rick Rubin.

Edited by surrenders

Neil McCormick on Invisible http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/rockandpopmusic/10614514/U2-get-maximum-Super-Bowl-visibility.html

UGH!

"The first fruits of their labours suggest that U2 are scaling down their rocky sound for a contemporary pop world of small speakers and social network song sharing where digital genre bending electronica reigns supreme. Their Oscar nominated theme song for Mandela, Ordinary Love, was a subdued, stripped back, atmospheric ballad. Invisible seems to confirm an unsuspected taste for musical understatement."

Heard Invisible on the radio while driving, so good to hear a new U2 song getting airplay brought a big smile to my face, perfick to lift a Monday!

The song really works on the radio, good to drive to, I was nicely surprised!!wind14.gif

Neil McCormick on Invisible http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/rockandpopmusic/10614514/U2-get-maximum-Super-Bowl-visibility.html

UGH!

"The first fruits of their labours suggest that U2 are scaling down their rocky sound for a contemporary pop world of small speakers and social network song sharing where digital genre bending electronica reigns supreme. Their Oscar nominated theme song for Mandela, Ordinary Love, was a subdued, stripped back, atmospheric ballad. Invisible seems to confirm an unsuspected taste for musical understatement."

Join the club, mate :http://zootopia.u2.com/topic/28233-who-doesnt-like-invisible/ !

UGH!

Join the club, mate :http://zootopia.u2.com/topic/28233-who-doesnt-like-invisible/ !

Been there, done that, don't get much for the money IMO.

Surrenders, that Neil McCormick review is so sad .... because it speaks the truth.. !!!

Surrenders, that Neil McCormick review is so sad .... because it speaks the truth.. !!!

Pain, everyone has different opinions and we should respect that.

At the first listen I didn´t like it much but then listening to it again and again, I could pay attention and I like it. And each time I listen, it´s getting better.

I don´t agree much with Neil but that his opinion. On the other hand, I read great reviews of the song from others critics.

Anyway, what´s wrong with pop? Neil used to play pop when he tried to be famous with his music. I guess the mistake is to associate pop music only with boy bands. I don´t like boy bands but there are very good pop groups playing nice songs. For me U2 is not a pop group and I don´t think the next album will be in this line.

I like 'Invisible' because it´s fresh, there is something new in the sound, but at the same time it´s still the same U2. That is what I was expecting... I want to be surprised. And I don´t think they´re changing only because of the audience, they don´t need to do that. We know these guys, we know they only make the music they believe.

iTunes doesn't work on my computer for some dumb reason, so I'll have to wait to grab from somewhere else when it shows up.  From the short clip I've seen and heard, not too impressed, but have to hear the whole song.  I can't stand drum machines and lots of synth, that was my concern with them using Danger Mouse, I would've much preferred Rick Rubin.

That's right !

U2 + free...does not compute...

I disagree. U2 need to do more free tracks, it was much better than having McGuinness swindling extra money out of the fans with massively expensive boxsets and stuff like that...hopefully those days are over.