Sign in to follow this  
MacFoley

New Song "invisble" Free Itunes Download 2/2 - 3/2 And Superbowl Advert

No I agree they need to get with the times on that front Pete - I meant it was just a shock to see the word 'free' next to the word 'U2'!!! It was my failed attempt at humour ;)

U2 + free...does not compute...

I disagree. U2 need to do more free tracks, it was much better than having McGuinness swindling extra money out of the fans with massively expensive boxsets and stuff like that...hopefully those days are over.

:wub: You are so right, maybe its gonna be the end of the Supermassive Black massively expensive boxsets :ph34r:

its good to get some free stuff from U2 :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: 

(the only way to get the Ordinary Love vinyl was Ebay for me)

:lol:

We needed Someone Sensible here !!! You came !!!

So for fans who like or love the song. What are they? I am guessing they are not sensible.

It doesn't matter if it comes in a big flashy box and costs an arm and a leg, the music is still the same.

Having listened to the song some more, I can totally imagine it opening the show in a double whammy with City of Blinding Lights. The two songs are similar in some aspects.

D'ya think? I'm trying to imagine it, hang on let me have another listen...

hmmm it's catchy but so tinny to my ears, can see that audience wavey bit catching on but later on in a set perhaps when Bono's got the audience revved and feeling loved up!

:lol:

We needed Someone Sensible here !!! You came !!!

So for fans who like or love the song. What are they? I am guessing they are not sensible.

Well...yeah !

This critic speaks the same language as Neil McCormick !! Sheesh !! I Love Beautiful day but I don't like Invisible and I'm NOT stepping off the bus at the next stop, I'm driving it !!!

We need to remember what EDGE said in 1982 when October came out : "While some loved October, others preferred Boy...".

Well...yeah !

That's not fair. You can't judge people's level of sensibleness purely based on their opinions of a song.

Well...yeah !

That's not fair. You can't judge people's level of sensibleness purely based on their opinions of a song.

That last post was a joke, the first initial one  was just my appreciation for Anjana's critic eye, simple as that, Peter !!!

Edited by pain_18_

Pain was being nice to me, we were just kidding about :)

Is Zootopia still a safe place to say your thoughts?? Hope so.... :D  I have to notice how Invisible is so catchy and it stays in your mind.  Someone said mellow and I'll add happy, and it's lyrics ring true(BD ;)) to many of us. I like it's simple melody and it's going to sound great on tour.

And u2 giving out free songs. Big thumbs up!! :) This is all starting off well, we are just having to be patient.

So long as your thoughts comply with the rules ha ha ;)

How about some free tour tickets too?!

Yes, we are all good with the rules..or we wouldn't be here.. :ph34r:  :lol: And I must say the video I do like. All the invisible faces in the crowd. Why didn't they ask us Zootopians though. Aren't we good enough. haha.

So apparently Bono has said they're going back indoors, places like The O2 in London etc., so when will this be? Given that the album's been pushed back to June I can see them heading for the UK in Autumn...which just happens to be the time at which I'll be heading off to university. This could be a tricky one.

Yes, we are all good with the rules..or we wouldn't be here.. :ph34r:  :lol: And I must say the video I do like. All the invisible faces in the crowd. Why didn't they ask us Zootopians though. Aren't we good enough. haha.

We're too visible perhaps (..and we'd pull silly faces!!)

Is Zootopia still a safe place to say your thoughts?? Hope so.... :D  I have to notice how Invisible is so catchy and it stays in your mind.  Someone said mellow and I'll add happy, and it's lyrics ring true(BD ;)) to many of us. I like it's simple melody and it's going to sound great on tour.

And u2 giving out free songs. Big thumbs up!! :) This is all starting off well, we are just having to be patient.

Not really, many posts and blogs were deleted thus resulting in a vast majority of bloggers and fans leaving the site.

That's a very dangerous way of putting it...That's one of the practices of the WW2 dictators...You can say anything and think anything as long as it complies with OUR rules...

That's a very dangerous way of putting it...

;) I was going for a John Wyndham approach circa 1950's!! (British author)

Heard Invisible on the radio while driving, so good to hear a new U2 song getting airplay brought a big smile to my face, perfick to lift a Monday!

The song really works on the radio, good to drive to, I was nicely surprised!!wind14.gif

Indeed. My wife texted me at work earlier today to say  'i have just heard the new U2 song on the radio, sounds really really great'. Needless to say i texted back 'sure I was telling you that last night' whilst on the pc....she replied 'sounds a lot better on the radio!'

:)

And there you have it folks.......it's a 'grower'!

This critic speaks the same language as Neil McCormick !! Sheesh !! I Love Beautiful day but I don't like Invisible and I'm NOT stepping off the bus at the next stop, I'm driving it !!!

We need to remember what EDGE said in 1982 when October came out : "While some loved October, others preferred Boy...".

I like both October and Boy 

I like both October and Boy 

So do I !   I trust you understood what Edge meant, though...

'INVISIBLE' DEBUT IS STRONG ON RADIO
7840-t.jpg
Posted: February 03, 2014
By: Karen Lindell

U2's new song "Invisible" has been anything but on the radio.

According to Billboard, the tune, available as a free downloadvia iTunes through 11:59 p.m. Feb. 3, enters the Rock Airplay chart at No. 35, the chart's biggest gainer, after one day of airplay, with 2.2 million "audience impressions" from plays at 50 rock airplay stations.

Also, according to radio industry sources:

* As of about 3 p.m., "Invisible" had been played at least once on almost five dozen radio stations in the U.S.

* More than 20 stations had already played the song 10 or more times.

* It’s had the most “spins” on Alternative (148), Active Rock (97) and Rock (89) stations.

Because the song has been available as a free download -- with Bank of America donating $1 for every download to the (RED) campaign -- the release won't show up on the standard singles charts, which are based on sales. 

According to Gary Trust, charts manager at Billboard, the company does "not include giveaways on our charts as part of our minimum pricing policy." He added that "iTunes' free downloads are not reported to Nielsen SoundScan, which provides the data for our charts," so those downloads do not affect Billboard sales charts anyway.