Sign in to follow this  
febottini

Ordinary Love Gets Oscar Nomination

The photobomber is Benedict Cumberbatch currently best known as The BBC's Sherlock Holmes which is just terrific!

Idina Menzel is an experienced and accomplished broadway star and her performance was cringeworthy. I think her voice is annoying even on the soundtrack. Let It Go is a HUGE hit with nearly everyone from their mid 20's down. Good message, but Ordinary Love was the most moving and interesting.

Gotta love Sherlock. U2 got Cumber-bombed!

Edited by peterferris8

U2 nailed it...

In Addition : The Public was on Fire !!! Jared Leto was more excited about U2's performance than about winning his Oscar !

Everyone was rooting, whistling and clapping and being mesmerized !!!

Both Jared and Harrison Ford! Matthew and Camilla vacationed w/ Bono last summer and you could see his approval too, more like my friend definitely brought it tonight. :)

Jared is a huge Bono fan and his band does a great cover of Streets. He asked Bono to do vocals on their recent album and City of Angels is very U2ish (Lillywhite even though Jared says he was main producer) and autobiographical. Jared and Matthew's acceptance speeches, Lupita's too, were the highlight of those for the evening! Love it!

=))) I want to see Kevin Spacey's photos too  I can't stop laughing ! Please, Anyone ?

Good Point both of you !!! BigBunny, do you think Bono knows about Winnie's necklace-"sharing" ??  And if Yes...Why ??? Why?

the B-man has to be aware of it. I had no idea about it until a month or so ago and I googled Winnie's name with necklacing

and the horrific video that I came across of a young woman who was burnt to death & being beaten :(

why would Bono want to be associated with such a woman, has she stated that she regrets what she did & promoted??

Jared is a huge Bono fan and his band does a great cover of Streets. He asked Bono to do vocals on their recent album and City of Angels is very U2ish (Lillywhite even though Jared says he was main producer) and autobiographical. Jared and Matthew's acceptance speeches, Lupita's too, were the highlight of those for the evening! Love it!

I know Jared likes MetallicA as well because he introduced them before their performance at the Grammies B)

Edited by BigBunny

I don't get it myself...Maybe Bono wants to see the good part of everything ???? The bright side of things ?

Edited by pain_18_

Ordinary Love is more about Nelson Mandela's love for Africa and the world's love for Nelson Mandela as the liberator of South Africa from Apartheid...there are all kinds of love... :)

Bono has said it was about Nelson and Winnie and how their love did change over the time of Mandibe's imprisonment. As the public educates themselves,the emphasis is what it is now. We also have to remember this is what Bono does. He is now singing wants and not warms. ;)