Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wahine

Late Night With U2 Was Insane

I straight up LOVED the performance last night of Invisible on Jimmy Fallon, First off, YOU WOULD NEVER FIND ME THAT HIGH IN THE SKY EVER. I am way too scared of heights, which is why I live at Sea Level. The performance was seriously amazing. I am stoked they can continue to amaze me ever since the first moment I saw them in Orlando at the War concert. It was good to see and hear new music from U2, tomorrow is my sons final surgery for the cancer, by the GRACE OF GOD he has beaten the MONSTER. One more tumor to remove, all markers are normal now...today I am on the phone with hospice for my mom. Unfreaking believable that they worried for 10 years over her heart and I said umm..what is this? Cancer and no time left. I have learned way too much about it all. I just think they are getting better at finding it. Well, it was wonderful to have a break in the middle of the night from my world and hear new music and a VERY IMPRESSIVE PERFORMANCE. Good job!!!!!! Looking forward not back to new music.

Great cityscape background, but the stage & audience area was way too narrow and the camera works was terrible as a result.

Loved Edge starting Ordinary Love with the opening cords of Stairway to Heavan. 

Hay to those of you who were there did you get those really cool hats for being there or was you able to buy them somewhere. I would love to have one to put into my u2 collection. Thanks for all the awesome pictures and stories almost felt like I was with you. 

Wow that's good news!! I'm doubly happy now!! I wish him the best recovery.

I knew the performance would be amazing... and yes, they were very high!! :)

The performance was incredible, I wish I had been there! Rooftops seem to be an ideal venue for the band as it feels more free so the band can express themselves more! Also, I loved the performance of 'Ordinary Love', it was so heartfelt and I loved it when the house band joined in at the end (and Bono's dancing...always a delight). I wasn't entirely in love with 'No Line on the Horizon' so I hope that the new album contains music as great as the most recent records they have released! 

I so much preferred the live versions of Invisible and OL way more than the recorded versions. I wasnt so keen on OL single, tho i thought that the acoustic version was superb, which is even more bizarre as i am not usually a fan of u2 songs acoustically. But OL worked brilliantly

Live performances most def. sound better than the recorded releases.

I think with U2 the album is a rough demo

Its not til they get on the road that they can fine tune the songs to make them as individual and as unique as everyone in the venue

Live performances most def. sound better than the recorded releases.

I think with U2 the album is a rough demo

Its not til they get on the road that they can fine tune the songs to make them as individual and as unique as everyone in the venue

Then what in the world takes them so long to put out an album? ;)   Please get this idea of yours through to them. Get it out there, perfect it on the road. Let's go!

was lucky enough to be there for Sundays performance, still cant believe I was there!