illumination70

What Good Thing Happened To You Today (Continued)

At last I can contribute to this thread!! Finally a good/nice thing happened - I met my favourite artist (painter) at a gallery, Henderson Cisz, he was just lovely, he even gave me a kiss on each cheek and said I had a pretty name! I was so enchanted by him!! He is soooo very talented, I adore his paintings. How often do you meet a world acclaimed living artist that you love, not very often! A beautiful day :)

venetian-lamplight-17102.jpg

westminster-in-winter-18032.jpg

Edited by Anjana

At last I can contribute to this thread!! Finally a good/nice thing happened - I met my favourite artist (painter) at a gallery, Henderson Cisz, he was just lovely, he even gave me a kiss on each cheek and said I had a pretty name! I was so enchanted by him!! He is soooo very talented, I adore his paintings. How often do you meet a world acclaimed living artist that you love, not very often! A beautiful day :)

venetian-lamplight-17102.jpg

westminster-in-winter-18032.jpg

like a beautiful dream, to be kissed by him.

awesome!

have you washed your cheeks yet?

drove my bike over a big, sharp rock and didnt get a flat!

got kevlar tires baby!

Edited by xtraspicy62

A "Big one" happened on Saturday because I marched in a local parade with the American Red Cross while dressed as a RC nurse from the 1900's !!  It was great fun because not only was I repping the ARC, but we had a great time too!!!

A "Big one" happened on Saturday because I marched in a local parade with the American Red Cross while dressed as a RC nurse from the 1900's !!  It was great fun because not only was I repping the ARC, but we had a great time too!!!

that sounds fun illumination!

Spicy….no he's 14 - He has Down Syndrome and the only way to get him out of bed is to play music on my iPhone!

Peter - I am going to see Soundgarden with NIN in June!  Psyched.

Edited by TerriB.

Got decent tickets to John Forgerty concert, even though tix when on sale in April.

Pricey though

Spicy….no he's 14 - He has Down Syndrome and the only way to get him out of bed is to play music on my iPhone!

Peter - I am going to see Soundgarden with NIN in June!  Psyched.

what kind of music gets him out of bed?

do you sing songs to help?

I'm going to see Nine Inch Nails tonight!

how was it?

Absolutely incredible, they smashed it to bits. I'm slightly annoyed that I ended up in the really high seats (seriously, anyone who is willing to brave the really high seats at The O2 deserves a medal for bravery) but I can say that there is nothing quite like watching several hundred hardcore NIN fans going nuts on the floor!

I'm going to see Nine Inch Nails tonight!

how was it?

Absolutely incredible, they smashed it to bits. I'm slightly annoyed that I ended up in the really high seats (seriously, anyone who is willing to brave the really high seats at The O2 deserves a medal for bravery) but I can say that there is nothing quite like watching several hundred hardcore NIN fans going nuts on the floor!

what a sight that must have been

how was the sound up top?

The sound was good. The O2 has speaker stacks hanging from the ceiling pointing towards every corner of the arena so everyone gets to hear a good mix.

The sound was good. The O2 has speaker stacks hanging from the ceiling pointing towards every corner of the arena so everyone gets to hear a good mix.

love it!!

makes it all so worth it (good sound).

any summer festivals this year?

love it!!

makes it all so worth it (good sound).

any summer festivals this year?

I'm going to festival called Sonisphere in July. Conveniently, it's practically right next to where I live. It's a big rock festival that books loads of hard rock and metal bands and sometimes goes outside those boundaries too - this year the headliners are The Prodigy, Iron Maiden (with a WW1 tribute air display) and Metallica (who are playing a fan-selected setlist).

@pete sounds awesome!

not having to travel so far is great.

I found more of the line-up here http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/wilko-johnson-and-electric-wizzard-join-sonisphere-2014-lineup-9151970.html

Alas Wilko Johnson has pulled out, he had to go for treatment. 

Basically he was diagnosed with cancer over a year ago, and was told he didn't have long to live, but surprisingly he's still here. So he's trying to play as many gigs as he can while he's still alive. Sadly treatment for chemotherapy and other stuff get in the way, I guess...

I saw a mink and a blue heron on my bike ride today.

I love you Leeny!!

Rock and roll!!

Cycling is the very best way to be free....!!

what does a mink look like?

Saw 2 Herons myself the other day and one cute little possum with pink glow in the dark eyes!!

Hey, did you ever get that century?

@pete sounds awesome!

I found more of the line-up here http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/wilko-johnson-and-electric-wizzard-join-sonisphere-2014-lineup-9151970.html

Basically he was diagnosed with cancer over a year ago, and was told he didn't have long to live, but surprisingly he's still here. So he's trying to play as many gigs as he can while he's still alive. Sadly treatment for chemotherapy and other stuff get in the way, I guess...

thanks for telling me...wow, that both sad and amazing!!

Pete, would you do the same thing...going out in a blaze of rock and roll?

I saw a mink and a blue heron on my bike ride today.

I love you Leeny!!

Rock and roll!!

Cycling is the very best way to be free....!!

what does a mink look like?

Saw 2 Herons myself the other day and one cute little possum with pink glow in the dark eyes!!

Hey, did you ever get that century?

I'm pretty sure it was a mink.  I was small, low to the ground, and had fur that looked like a wet mink coat.  It was very timid, and quickly ran back into the marshy field when it spotted me.  AS for the century I did another metric, but am still working on the American.  Long winter and now battling shingles.  One of these days I WILL do it!!!  

@pete sounds awesome!

thanks for telling me...wow, that both sad and amazing!!

Pete, would you do the same thing...going out in a blaze of rock and roll?

Hmmm...to be honest, if I was terminally ill, I'd rather end it quickly instead of waiting for a long, drawn-out and probably painful death.