illumination70

What Good Thing Happened To You Today (Continued)

On 10/03/2018 at 5:39 AM, stanley14 said:

Hope you will have a good and relaxing weekend Kastee! 

Thanks Stan,

it‚Äôs a long weekend here for ‚ÄúAdelaide Cup‚ÄĚ. That‚Äôs a horse race that I‚Äôve never been to. But a day off work at the beach is awesome!

Hope U have an awesome weekend 2!

I found the Q magazine U2 special while I was out shopping. 

Then this evening, I found that the library's eComic service includes Farscape graphic novels :D It used to be my favourite TV series and I knew that there were some graphic novels that continued the story, but had never been able to find them - until now.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The Head and the Heart are gonna be in Minneapolis on May 30.  I got my ticket in the mail earlier.  They are one of my favorite bands after/next to U2.  Now, post Chicago EI shows, May 22 and 23, I won't be as bummed because I have another show a week later.  Its also all GA and on a much smaller scale, so front rail it shall be. 

Edited by Manohlive

I went shopping today and bought some Star Wars stickers. The staff in Asda were really nice and let me go through both boxes to look for the shinies I needed :D

(I discovered that the shiny foil stickers are visible through the wrapper, well enough to get a good idea which character/ship it is - which helps immensely when looking for those last few!) 

I now only need 28 stickers to complete the book.

Posted (edited)

One of my best mates who has been having  chemo and surgery for a nasty cancer had his post treatment scan results today and has been declared cancer free. It doesn’t get much better than that .

thank god for the NHS and free at the point of access health care we have in the U.K.

Edited by doctornickriviera
  • Like 5

12 hours ago, padawanbeck84 said:

I went shopping today and bought some Star Wars stickers. The staff in Asda were really nice and let me go through both boxes to look for the shinies I needed :D

(I discovered that the shiny foil stickers are visible through the wrapper, well enough to get a good idea which character/ship it is - which helps immensely when looking for those last few!) 

I now only need 28 stickers to complete the book.

I always read your posts when I see them.  Your Star Wars collection sounds rather extensive.  How do you find all the stuff you need to complete collections within your collection?  Do you have a pic of your whole collection?  I'd like to see it.

My good thing is that my mom and sister are visiting in August.  It's over 100 degrees and muggy in Summer where they live.  I normally would not see them for many months.  It's my sister's first time back in 18 years.  I am taking her to Irish Fest.  Every Summer, Milwaukee has the largest Irish Festival in America.  They get the best musicians.  I'm always telling my family about it.  This year I can bring them and my Irish Terrier.

7 hours ago, Manohlive said:

I always read your posts when I see them.  Your Star Wars collection sounds rather extensive.  How do you find all the stuff you need to complete collections within your collection?  Do you have a pic of your whole collection?  I'd like to see it.

My good thing is that my mom and sister are visiting in August.  It's over 100 degrees and muggy in Summer where they live.  I normally would not see them for many months.  It's my sister's first time back in 18 years.  I am taking her to Irish Fest.  Every Summer, Milwaukee has the largest Irish Festival in America.  They get the best musicians.  I'm always telling my family about it.  This year I can bring them and my Irish Terrier.

It depends. My Star Wars book collection is extensive as I've been collecting those for over a decade. My trading cards and sticker collection is not so big as I've only been collecting them for about 2 years, but since the 40th anniversary set last year, the card company has given Europe and the rest of the world better access to US hobby boxes - which has of course encouraged me to collect more (or at least as much as I can afford). Trading the cards has also helped me find a community of fellow nerds similar to our U2 community :)

And talking of stickers - I logged in this morning and found I've won a prize from the Last Jedi stickers!! :D Codes on the back of the shinies can be entered into a series of prize draws and I won yesterday's! Not sure what my prize is yet, but I will find out shortly. 

7 hours ago, padawanbeck84 said:

It depends. My Star Wars book collection is extensive as I've been collecting those for over a decade. My trading cards and sticker collection is not so big as I've only been collecting them for about 2 years, but since the 40th anniversary set last year, the card company has given Europe and the rest of the world better access to US hobby boxes - which has of course encouraged me to collect more (or at least as much as I can afford). Trading the cards has also helped me find a community of fellow nerds similar to our U2 community :)

And talking of stickers - I logged in this morning and found I've won a prize from the Last Jedi stickers!! :D Codes on the back of the shinies can be entered into a series of prize draws and I won yesterday's! Not sure what my prize is yet, but I will find out shortly. 

How did you job interview go?

My good thing is that the Sun is shining, it's St Patrick's Day and my favorite Irish bar is three blocks from my home.  One of my best friends has MRSA and been put through the wringer of late.  He's well enough that I can buy him Guinness galore and we both stumble home.  He lives a block from me.  It's a great day.

15 hours ago, Manohlive said:

How did you job interview go?

My good thing is that the Sun is shining, it's St Patrick's Day and my favorite Irish bar is three blocks from my home.  One of my best friends has MRSA and been put through the wringer of late.  He's well enough that I can buy him Guinness galore and we both stumble home.  He lives a block from me.  It's a great day.

I didn't get the job :( 

But they will give me some feedback about the interview so I can try and improve for the future, which I think is very good of them.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I played with watercolors in the backyard while the sun was out! 

Either Topps have made an error or I've won 2 prizes in one week! :o

I had an email from them this morning to say I'd won the weekly prize on their sticker competition - after winning a daily draw on Friday! 

I also found a book in the library so I can complete one of the series I'm reading :D

I consider it a blessing in disguise. I was at the scene of a bad accident, but was not part of the accident, although it was close. So, not being in an accident is good!

However, I and others got out to help the victim and stayed to give statements to the police. It was horrible, but the victim was still alive and responsive at the time, which is amazing. I'm happy to see that people still care and took the time out to help another who was in serious distress.

7 hours ago, illumination70 said:

My order from Walgreen's arrived today!!

Yay! Walgreens delivery...I have seen that advertised, but have never tried, how do you like it?

4 hours ago, natural11 said:

Yay! Walgreens delivery...I have seen that advertised, but have never tried, how do you like it?

I love it because it arrived quicker than I thought!!

I found some great books in a charity shop and 2 second-hand bookshops. It's always fun to find them in places like that as I would never be able to be afford them new - and the money goes to a good cause.

And yes, this being me, two of them were Star Wars graphic novels :D 

Now I just need to find space on my bookshelves :lol:

22 hours ago, toyoracer said:

I consider it a blessing in disguise. I was at the scene of a bad accident, but was not part of the accident, although it was close. So, not being in an accident is good!

However, I and others got out to help the victim and stayed to give statements to the police. It was horrible, but the victim was still alive and responsive at the time, which is amazing. I'm happy to see that people still care and took the time out to help another who was in serious distress.

Wow, what an intense situation, toyoracer! It is miraculous,  really! Yes, good people still help strangers in need! I pray...hope you don't mind me saying that....

• Like 1

I collected my parcel from the post office and now have a 2014 trading card set that was released before I started collecting :)

I was also able to try and advise another group member about where to start with Star Wars comics. I hope they find one they like.

You know when they say about things happening in threes? 

1) I posted earlier about collecting my parcel of trading cards this morning. Then: 

2) HMV phoned up and said my Juanes CD had arrived, so I was able to collect it. THEN:

3) A short while ago, the postie delivered my prize from Topps for winning the Star Wars daily prize draw. I won a full set of 200 stickers :D

Today is just one of those awesome days - and I'm trying out a new writing group this evening.

It feels like I'm spamming this thread today, but I can't quite believe it!

I was just posting my previous comment when there was another knock at the door. Topps did *not* make a mistake - I won a second Star Wars prize draw :o

In addition to the stickers, I also received a poster, book and X-Wing edition toy car.

SWStickerSet.jpg

SWPosteretc.jpg

Posted (edited)

I got an inexpensive haircut that I really like...4 inches off in length and bangs! Woo hoo!

Edited by natural11

4 hours ago, padawanbeck84 said:

It feels like I'm spamming this thread today, but I can't quite believe it!

I was just posting my previous comment when there was another knock at the door. Topps did *not* make a mistake - I won a second Star Wars prize draw :o

In addition to the stickers, I also received a poster, book and X-Wing edition toy car.

SWStickerSet.jpg

SWPosteretc.jpg

Congratulations, padawanbeck84!!