illumination70

What Good Thing Happened To You Today (Continued)

This morning I bumped into a friend on the bus that I hadn't seen for at least a year. We had a good chat - mainly about music :D

Posted (edited)
On 3/21/2018 at 11:18 AM, padawanbeck84 said:

It feels like I'm spamming this thread today, but I can't quite believe it!

I was just posting my previous comment when there was another knock at the door. Topps did *not* make a mistake - I won a second Star Wars prize draw :o

In addition to the stickers, I also received a poster, book and X-Wing edition toy car.

SWStickerSet.jpg

SWPosteretc.jpg

Will you buy me a lottery ticket?  

My good thing:   A friend told me he can comp me to go see Les Miserables next week.   Yee Haw.

Edited by Manohlive

2 hours ago, Manohlive said:

Will you buy me a lottery ticket?  

My good thing:   A friend told me he can comp me to go see Les Miserables next week.   Yee Haw.

:lol: It has been that kind of week - but it would be rude of me to hog all of the good luck :)

35 minutes ago, padawanbeck84 said:

:lol: It has been that kind of week - but it would be rude of me to hog all of the good luck :)

Does that mean my ticket is on its way across the Atlantic?  haha   I'm glad you won and had such a good week.  You seem a very sweet person.

Aww thanks @Manohlive 

I went to another library book sale this morning and found 2 books that I've been wanting to read for ages. And it only cost £1 for both of them B)

On 3/20/2018 at 9:44 PM, natural11 said:

Wow, what an intense situation, toyoracer! It is miraculous,  really! Yes, good people still help strangers in need! I pray...hope you don't mind me saying that....

No, I don't mind at all! 

• Like 1

Over one million young people assembled in my Nation's capitol earlier today to say enough to gun violence.  I heard there are protests in other countries as well which happened today.  I feel weird posting this as it's not about me.  It is good.  I wish there was a what great thing happened in the world today thread.  I very humbly wish to thank every single one of those brave kids and anyone else involved.

• Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

My good thing for today is that a fellow Zootopian suggested I check out the Stereophonics and I did.  It turned into three hours and listening and I love them.  I was also informed they are coming to Chicago.  The show is at the Vic Theatre, which is considered old.  ha.  GA and forty-some dollars.  I never thought I'd ever say this about anyone save Rod Steward-I hope they do Handbags and Gladrags.  woo hoo.  A new favorite band to add to my list.  Thanks, Doc.

Edited by Manohlive
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, doctornickriviera said:

You are welcome, they are even better live.

They are a new favorite band.  7 hours of them today with only the video of Vertigo in between.  $35 for GA and it's Jam Productions.  Last time I bought tix from them the service charges were four bucks.  I love Jam Productions.  This keeps getting better.  I'm going.  So many amazing songs.

Edited by Manohlive

I loved them in the late 90s early 00’s and have really got back into them, the last 3 albums are great graffiti on the train, keep the village alive and scream above the sounds. 

Definately a live band Iwill go back and see again.

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Manohlive said:

Over one million young people assembled in my Nation's capitol earlier today to say enough to gun violence.  I heard there are protests in other countries as well which happened today.  I feel weird posting this as it's not about me.  It is good.  I wish there was a what great thing happened in the world today thread.  I very humbly wish to thank every single one of those brave kids and anyone else involved.

I could not watch or read but snippets of the news from yesterday until this morning.  I see there were marches were in many countries of our world.  

:Zoo_Angel:

Edited by Manohlive

I got jarred into proper priorities through something breaking and making the choice to really see that people are always more important than things! Treating people with care and kindness matters more than any THING!

:Zoo_Baby:

• Upvote 1
  • Brilliant 1

I pulled through a couple of early shifts which began at 6:30 AM.  The night before I prepare my work clothes, lunch and other stuff ready so I just roll out of bed and be on the road by 5:45 AM.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Not today but yesterday, but I've been offered a job in Brighton which means I should be able to move back down there pretty soon!

Edited by peterferris8
  • Like 2

I finally walked away from a  very toxic. broken up yet still  lingering relationship.

11 hours ago, Manohlive said:

I finally walked away from a  very toxic. broken up yet still  lingering relationship.

Well done. It can be very difficult, but you have to do what's best for you.

• Thanks 1

Yep ‘walk on’ as they say! Life’s too short to flog a dead horse, difficult as it is to make the break.

5 hours ago, doctornickriviera said:

Life’s too short to flog a dead horse

Does that mean I can't still figuratively smack that person??? 

My good thing is my best, long standing friend is giving me comps for Les Miserables tomorrow or Thursday night.  I was hoping...

I've just sorted out a trade which will complete one of my unfinished Star Wars card sets from last year B)

Not only will I finally have a complete base set for Galactic Files Reborn, but I will also complete the insert sub-sets too (Vehicles, Locations etc).

All he wants in return is for me to cover shipping, which is fair enough for an international trade.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, padawanbeck84 said:

I've just sorted out a trade which will complete one of my unfinished Star Wars card sets from last year B)

Not only will I finally have a complete base set for Galactic Files Reborn, but I will also complete the insert sub-sets too (Vehicles, Locations etc).

All he wants in return is for me to cover shipping, which is fair enough for an international trade.

My nephew would love you because he's a HUGE Star Wars fan!!  As for my "Good Thing" which happened today, I got my Ancestry DNA test results which showed one of my ancestors came from Connacht, Ireland!!

• Like 1

I've just finished another one of my library books - and possibly just found a new favourite author. I love it when that happens.

Luckily I have another of her books on loan already, so I can start reading it immediately :D

I took two invigorating walks outside today. One about my own neighborhood and the other about an office where my friend works on her lunch hour. The Spring is especially beautiful this year!