illumination70

What Good Thing Happened To You Today (Continued)

I got my dog back-he is sleeping with his head on my lap and I'm watching a thunderstorm pass out over Lake Michigan.  It was beastly hot here but the wind shifted off the lake and now it's around 78-80 degrees.  (from 32 to 26 degrees Celcius)   

• Like 1

Manohlive-I love a good thunderstorm, it's one of the things I miss most about living in the Midwest.  As for my "Good Thing", I sucked it up and went to Walmart to get another water-pitcher cartridge for my Culligan Pitcher.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, illumination70 said:

Manohlive-I love a good thunderstorm, it's one of the things I miss most about living in the Midwest.  As for my "Good Thing", I sucked it up and went to Walmart to get another water-pitcher cartridge for my Culligan Pitcher.

Why not just call the Culligan Man?  😑   Thunderstorms are amazing.   I quit Amazon as I was not getting my money out of Prime and I resent being charged to buy.  Now I too must go forth and gather.  I'm glad it was a good thing.  

Edited by Manohlive

On 5/17/2018 at 2:19 PM, padawanbeck84 said:

This is from yesterday: I received some more Star Wars cards from two trading partners - including a lovely sketch of my favourite character Poe :wub:

I always read your posts, along with everyone else... I'm laughing because .I cannot even begin to keep track of how many collections you have.  You've mentioned many of them. and another collection begins...It's cool.    😉  

11 hours ago, doctornickriviera said:

2 free hours, a reasonably fast car and Welsh Mountain roads!

and chocolate con churros....which you dismiss as a diabetes pill is more dangerous how, Doc?    Love how he inserts 'reasonably' before fast and mountains....

2 hours ago, Manohlive said:

and chocolate con churros....which you dismiss as a diabetes pill is more dangerous how, Doc?    Love how he inserts 'reasonably' before fast and mountains....

It’s a top gear (U.K. motoring show quote)

I am making progress on my final Creative Writing assignment - at least now it meets the word limit :)

My first draft was 1000 words over :rolleyes:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, doctornickriviera said:

It’s a top gear (U.K. motoring show quote)

I've seen the show a few times and love it.  I was just joking around.  I was wondering what type of car and feeling quite envious, to be honest.  

My good thing it I woke up and it's not swelteringly hot here as we are getting a breeze of Lake Michigan.  It's actually pleasant.  We went from cold to tropics heat in a couple days.  It's nice to have pleasantly warm weather with a nice breeze and the Sun shining.  Even my dog perked up and was trotting with an Irish grin on his face.

• Like 1

I just finished streaming Snow Patrol's new album.  😂

I received a beautiful Star Wars sketch in the post this morning. It's a one-off Artist Proof card featuring the unmasked Kylo Ren/Ben Solo from The Last Jedi. 

I didn't think I could afford it at first, but the artist eventually lowered the price to something manageable :D

Posted (edited)

I broke up a domestic violence situation I've been listening to for at least a month.  She lives next to me.  He is explosive and does not live in the building.  I threw him out and made sure he left the property.  He was gonna punch me a couple times.  I was ready.  He would have been on his back/ground before he could swing.  Nobody was gonna punch me and especially not her.  I'm happy I did not have to body slam him even if he is jerk. . The cops came and she had fled.  I knew she was crying somewhere and she was very embarrassed.  People wer judging her and saying, "She's out trying to find him."  I wanted to pounce on those people but did not. She returned and I saw her twice.  She quickly walked ahead and could not look at me.  My heart broke.  I just saw her again.  She quickly went ahead but turned around and said, "Thanks."  I told her I did not want anyone to get hurt.  She had been crying and the tracks looked very bitter.  During all of this...gonna punch her and then me... and my saying dude you need to leave right now...her pit bull ran into my lap and hugged me in fear for her and him.  I didn't know what to say to her after she said thanks and I said nobody gets hurt.  She looked so sad it broke my heart..  I told her she has a great dog...He is very sweet and how much he loves her because he was so scared for her.  Her face lit up and she smiled three times. I could see she felt better.  She went into her apartment but turned and said, "He's not coming back"   Thanks to the powers that be and please make sure he does not return.

Edited by Manohlive

@Manohlive That's very brave of you to step in like that. Well done for doing so.

My good thing for today is that my hobby box of Solo trading cards arrived. I got the full 100-card base set as well as some *lovely* bright yellow parallel cards :D

And one of the cards was a really nice sketch. I'm trying to find out who the artist is so I can compliment them on it. 

It was reflex not bravery.  😵

My good thing is standing first in GA for The Head and the Heart in Minneapolis tonight.

I explored two libraries I'd never been to before - and they were lovely big places. I borrowed 11 books in total - including some I'd been trying to find for ages.

There was also a book sale on in one of the towns, so of course I had to have a look in there too... :D

Basically today has been bookworm heaven.

I received a bouquet of flowers at the library today as a birthday present :wub:

Then I came home to find the postie had delivered stickers and a sketch from two Star Wars collector group trades - talk about arriving on time B)

Happy Birthday

my good thing was up at 0430and straight out for a run with the dogs on the dunes who were a little puzzled by such early morning activity....as were my legs!

well done above Mano domestic abuse sucks.

Posted (edited)

Happy birthday Padawan! 

Today I saw some friends who I haven't seen since graduation in September!

Edited by peterferris8

I checked tonight to see if there was a GA ticket dump for the extra show I wanted to go to in Philadelphia and there was! 😄

MORE SHOWS - YAY!!! 😄

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, illumination70 said:

Attended a cooking class where we learned how to make Falafel and Tabboulah!!

Mmmmm...I love Middle Eastern/Mediterranean food. Even though it isn't strictly-speaking "cooked", are you learning to make hummus as well?

(I wanted to give you a "like" as well, but I ran out for today... :rolleyes: I wish they wouldn't be limited...)

• Like 1

^^Me too! Good luck with your cooking, illumination70.

Reading the live threads in here made me happy. Waiting for them to come to Europe.

• Like 1

Well, this is turning into quite a week for me...

One of my favorite bands (Interpol) just held a live press conference from Mexico City where they announced their new album (coming out in August) and their new tour (Fall '18/Winter '19). (If my memory serves correctly, I think Interpol opened for U2 during a leg of the U2360 tour.)

By signing up early to their mailing list, I got pre-order info for the new album. Pre-ordering the album gave you early access to buying a ticket for their upcoming tour - so, now I have my first concert for 2019 ordered already! 😄

Not only do I have a new Interpol album to look forward to, I already have my GA ticket for their Madison Square Garden performance next February - what a week! 😎