illumination70

What Good Thing Happened To You Today (Continued)

Watching Justify win the Triple Crown! ???

I received another sketch card today that I bought from an artist in our trading card group.

I'm building up a nice little collection - especially of Poe Dameron cards :wub: 

On 6/7/2018 at 2:23 PM, dmway said:

Well, this is turning into quite a week for me...

One of my favorite bands (Interpol) just held a live press conference from Mexico City where they announced their new album (coming out in August) and their new tour (Fall '18/Winter '19). (If my memory serves correctly, I think Interpol opened for U2 during a leg of the U2360 tour.)

By signing up early to their mailing list, I got pre-order info for the new album. Pre-ordering the album gave you early access to buying a ticket for their upcoming tour - so, now I have my first concert for 2019 ordered already! ?

Not only do I have a new Interpol album to look forward to, I already have my GA ticket for their Madison Square Garden performance next February - what a week! ?

...and they treated me again!

Because I pre-ordered the CD, not only was I allowed to access the presale for the MSG, NYC show next February, I was also allowed to use the same code again for the presale for the GA club show in Philadelphia this August! ?

They are very kind, and I appreciate it. ?

Seeing

U2

today! ?

• Like 1

I visited some more libraries and found more books - including a nice haul of Star Wars graphic novels B)

• Like 1

I received my latest hobby box of Star Wars cards, The Last Jedi Series 2.

It says on the box that, along with the regular cards, there should be 2 hits: 1 autograph and one of something else, so maybe a sketch, a patch, medallion etc as the other hit.

My box had *FOUR* hits: an autograph, TWO sketch cards *and* a printing plate used to make card #90.

Clearly the Force was with me :D

Yesterday we celebrated Midsummer's Eve. With good food and drinks.

On 2/28/2014 at 3:24 PM, illumination70 said:

Sorry I haven't been posting for awhile due to being sick. but I'm feeling much better now.  I'm curious to know if anything good has happened to you lately.  As for me a couple good things happened, 1.  Last Thursday I met my first celebrity crush  2. Yesterday I got a "Thank-you" card from a little patient who got the Gingerbread House I helped donate during the Holiday Season.

Enough about me, what good stuff happened to you lately?

Heading back home to Washington DC, no,not to see U2, my cousin has muscular dystrophy and she is very bad and moved to a nursing home, so I am on my way back home. Was born in Alexandria and grew up in Florida. I have to sell some land of ours,it dates to 1710 in the heart of Alexandria, 13 acres YIKES, ITS WORTH A FORTUNE but the family agreed to sell after all these years. So, packing the car up and heading north. Going to spend a day out on Chincoteague island, its all wild horses there, and go visit my grandfathers old masonic lodge, it use to be the Andrew Jackson Lodge, now the George Washinton Masonic Temple, I have a missing trowel from 1935 President Roosevelt lost his trowel when it was being built, yeah---found it in missing papers that belonged to my Grandfather. family members built the Temple, the Cranfords. So I figure it might be a good idea to send it back along with our bibles that go back to the mid 1600's. So the good thing is to return a piece of missing history that was used for the cornerstone of the Temple and to see my family, and yes, I get to claim Rappahhanock Indian, so for those who wonder about who is really immigrants etc. I am decended from American Indians as well the Northern Virginia tribes, and no I am not some woman who used it for schooling or special services, there is one piece of land along the Potomac that I am turning over to the tribe so they can start getting their lands back. My grandparents are buried above the Temple on the Hill so its going to be emotional. Here is a pic of it.https://gwmemorial.org/

I am coming home, tell the world Im coming home!

Yeah, my Grandfather was Lodge #22 the Andrew Jackson Lodge that became the GW Masonic Temple later. I still have the tapestry that hung in that lodge that shows Washington, and everyone including my family in it, it really needs to go to conservation instead of sitting in an old house that is consistenty hit by hurricanes. I have all kinds of hisotrical documents actually that belonged to my grandfather, great grandfather, etc. and yep, lots are Presidential including our church in Lorton that use to be Washingtons he moved his church down the street but not the GRAVES, all the graves you see at Pohick in Virginia ARE EMPTY,the graves are on our land along with the Cranford Methodist Church. I use to run back and forth through the woods between the cemetaries and the back wya to Mount Vernon, my uncle owned the Polo Club so I knew those lands like no other, the Polo club was just leveled and horses moved to the Western part of Virginia,it use to be part of Mt.Vernon, now its highway US1. SO PATHETIC.Anyhow, the churches are still there and I was baptized there as well as it carrying my Mothers families name Cranford, no you cannot steal my identity lol, you all know more about Bono and the band than me, so anyhow, time to go home and visit graves,so if any ofyou ever go to the Episcopal Church in Pohick outside Alexandria, please know the entire graveyard is EMPTY, the gravesar eon our land in Pohick at Cranford. George is buried at Mt. Vernon.

I ran across the Trump-Kim Summit bad lip reading clip on Youtube.  It is hysterical.  I've only watched it once, about three hours ago, and I'm still laughing.  It's priceless and just what the crabby from watching the news doctor ordered.  ?

I went out exploring more libraries in my county and found a nice little cafe at Gobowen train station. I sat in there and wrote for an hour while waiting for the train. 

And the writer of my favourite Star Wars comic series liked one of my Tweets. I sent one to Charles Soule, who writes the Poe Dameron comics, telling him how much I liked issue 28. 

It feels good to support favourite writers and artists and let them know we like their work :)

I stopped procrastinating and purchased some new cosmetics (mascara and eyeliner) since the old stuff was causing me to break out in exzemd around my eyes!!

I received some exciting things in the mail... my college diploma and my new laptop! 

• Brilliant 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Vertigo3333 said:

I received some exciting things in the mail... my college diploma and my new laptop! 

Congratulations on your college diploma!!  As for my good thing, I got a "Thank-you" email from a service member who is stationed in Kuwait who got the cup of coffee I donated through a "Cup of Joe, For a Joe" program!!

Edited by illumination70
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

My good thing stems from a bad bad thing.

A lovely guy from my year in medical school died today. He was in his mid 40s. He has shown amazing bravery throughout his cancer battle, and being an Oncologist himself must have been terrified knowing what lay ahead over the last 2 years.

however he was always a lovely guy in med school and never had a bad word to say about anyone. He was positive and caring and lived every day to the full. It goes without saying he was universally liked and an awesome doctor.

we can all learn something about the way he lived. He lived every day to the max and gave everything to his work. Life’s too short to get angry about unimportant things like setlists and presale. They really are not important.

RIP Steve, I will be raising a glass to you tonight x

Edited by doctornickriviera
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Brilliant 1

I was finally able to connect with the lady from whom I bought my Irish Terrier.  Great lady.  100% Irish.  I know I've succeeded in being funny when she laughs. I love her dearly.  The line has been in her family for generations.  She's had health challenges and I've been very worried about her.  She named him Bruff and I kept the name.  Bruff is one of her favorites.  She cried when I got him.  She sat down on the grass, earlier,  and started crying when she saw him.  He is the senior of her line. She has not seen him for some time.  It made me start crying because Bruff is quite old.  She looked at me and said, "Oh, David...you have no idea."   I looked at her and said, "Neither do you."..

• Like 1

20 hours ago, doctornickriviera said:

My good thing stems from a bad bad thing.

A lovely guy from my year in medical school died today. He was in his mid 40s. He has shown amazing bravery throughout his cancer battle, and being an Oncologist himself must have been terrified knowing what lay ahead over the last 2 years.

however he was always a lovely guy in med school and never had a bad word to say about anyone. He was positive and caring and lived every day to the full. It goes without saying he was universally liked and an awesome doctor.

we can all learn something about the way he lived. He lived every day to the max and gave everything to his work. Life’s too short to get angry about unimportant things like setlists and presale. They really are not important.

RIP Steve, I will be raising a glass to you tonight x

I don't know what reaction to give this, doc.  I'm sorry about your friend.  I'm sad you are hurting.  I like what you wrote.  It has a brilliance of life to it.  I'd like to give you a one up for it.  I wish there was a this is what it's all about reaction.  I'd be giving you that one.   

I wish I could make you laugh.  :)

I’m fine thanks. Sad forcSteve and his loved ones.

My post was saying that we should always be thankful for our health because you never know when through trauma tragedy or illness you may lose it. Don’t get caught up in the little stuff which is not important!

• Upvote 2

Thank you because now I could give you that one up!  ?