illumination70

What Good Thing Happened To You Today (Continued)

On 7/6/2018 at 9:30 AM, Vertigo3333 said:

I received some exciting things in the mail... my college diploma and my new laptop! 

Wow.  ?   Congratulations!   ?

• Thanks 1

I explored 2 more libraries - then found a second-hand bookshop a little way down the road that I hadn't previously known about :D

It's only small, but has books on many different subjects - and the owner gave me a discount for being a uni student even though I didn't have any student ID with me B)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, padawanbeck84 said:

I explored 2 more libraries - then found a second-hand bookshop a little way down the road that I hadn't previously known about :D

It's only small, but has books on many different subjects - and the owner gave me a discount for being a uni student even though I didn't have any student ID with me B)

Have you been to Hay on Wye?

10 hours ago, doctornickriviera said:

Have you been to Hay on Wye?

I absolutely love Hay on Wye :D

I try to go there once a year if I can save up spending money. I'd live there if I could! 

• Like 1

On 7/9/2018 at 12:10 AM, doctornickriviera said:

I’m fine thanks. Sad forcSteve and his loved ones.

My post was saying that we should always be thankful for our health because you never know when through trauma tragedy or illness you may lose it. Don’t get caught up in the little stuff which is not important!

Amen because I'm recovering from the flu.  I was feeling sorry for myself when it hit me, the people who came down with this bug during last winter had it way worse since viruses tend to be more intense during the colder months.

7 hours ago, illumination70 said:

Amen because I'm recovering from the flu.  I was feeling sorry for myself when it hit me, the people who came down with this bug during last winter had it way worse since viruses tend to be more intense during the colder months.

I hope you feel better soon, illumination70.  Yes, it's life but the flu sucks.  I've never heard of someone getting the flu this time of year.  I don't know where you live.  I'm going by  it being Summer by me.  It stinks no matter the time so get well soon, if not already.

My good thing is the lady with whom I brokered peace gave me a birthday card. We were at war over noise. It was neither her nor my fault.  Management made police get involved and she got $480 in fines.  Two years ago, on my birthday, I started going to court with her to fight those fines.  It took over a year and several appearances and letters to get them reversed. She somehow remembered my birthday is in July.  I found it on my door earlier.   

• Like 2

I got a couple resumes printed and ready to go for when a local gift basket company begins to look for Seasonal Help in August.  

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

I finally got the apartment I wanted.  The living room faces due South.  The bedroom faces due West.  It will get great light.  My current apartment only faces north.  I get no direct sunlight.  It's Summer now so it does not matter as much.  In Winter it gets depressing.  It shall be my fourth move in five years.  The really good news is that the apartment is only down the hall from the one I currently rent.  Not moving to another building is huge.. Ironically, I'm going to miss living above the lady below me.  Since we started getting along...it's been fun.  She has the most intoxicating laugh I've ever heard.  Even when I'm down it makes me smile.  I think she and I are going to play the rumor mill in the building and let them all chatter about how I'm moving because I don't like her.  It should be fun to watch their faces when we happily greet each other in the main lobby.  ?

Edited by Manohlive
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

I paid my rent and electricity bill today and still have a decent amount of money to see me through til next week's paycheck!

Edited by peterferris8
  • Like 3

I just walked in the door from a kundalini yoga class. Feeling elevated.

• Like 2
  • Brilliant 1

We did some rearranging at the library today and made it more organised and professional-looking. The romances now have a dedicated bookcase and appear much neater all grouped together by type. It also allows us to put the books with steamier covers on the higher shelves where younger eyes are less likely to see them :)

We've finally got another spinner for paperback fiction which will make 3 of them with a fourth that can be totally dedicated to Westerns. And we have more space for Large Print books, so hopefully we *can* now get some new ones in that Mrs L hasn't already read! :lol:

(Seriously, Mrs L  must be 80+ and still comes in every week like clockwork, borrows 4 books but is struggling to find new ones as she's already read most of them. If I reach her age, I hope I'll be just the same :lol: )

• Upvote 1

Out of curiosity what are some of the different types of romance? The ones I've seen seem to have either a western theme or a historical one, (buff men in lacey shirts and kilts). 

1 hour ago, CorkVegan said:

Out of curiosity what are some of the different types of romance? The ones I've seen seem to have either a western theme or a historical one, (buff men in lacey shirts and kilts). 

The categories that we stock are: Medical, Modern, Historical (which does tend to involve men in kilts), Regency, Nocturnal (which includes paranormal/supernatural-type stories), Romantic Suspense, Romantic Thriller, Cherish and Desire. 

They're mainly colour coded e.g. Modern ones are blue, Nocturnal are navy blue, Thrillers are red etc. There are also more general romance novels that can have covers in varying colours, usually lighter pastel colours to denote that they're probably gentler stories and not as racy as the others :)

• Upvote 1

Bastille Days begins where I live.  The engineering students build an Eiffel Tower.  It's very cool.(smaller, of course)  It's also a great meeting spot without staring at a screen.  I'm drooling for crepes and beignets.  It's a free festival.

1 hour ago, padawanbeck84 said:

Nocturnal (which includes paranormal/supernatural-type stories)

<raises eyebrow>
<to the googles... for a friend> =P

• Haha 4

Just now, padawanbeck84 said:

Don't worry @Max Tsukino we won't judge :) 

hey! my... er... friend needs to find ways to pass the time until the tour starts again...

(er...)

realization: perhaps the Twilight books fall under this category... ?

The categories that we stock are: Medical, Modern, Historical (which does tend to involve men in kilts), Regency, Nocturnal (which includes paranormal/supernatural-type stories), Romantic Suspense, Romantic Thriller, Cherish and Desire. 

I would never have guessed all those. Now I suspect that I've been doing romance all wrong in real life.

?

1 hour ago, CorkVegan said:

The categories that we stock are: Medical, Modern, Historical (which does tend to involve men in kilts), Regency, Nocturnal (which includes paranormal/supernatural-type stories), Romantic Suspense, Romantic Thriller, Cherish and Desire. 

I would never have guessed all those. Now I suspect that I've been doing romance all wrong in real life.

?

Men in kilts.....?

4 hours ago, Max Tsukino said:

hey! my... er... friend needs to find ways to pass the time until the tour starts again...

(er...)

realization: perhaps the Twilight books fall under this category... ?

#notme ?

Anne Rice might have some better nocturnal romance than Twilight......

and to stay on topic: lunch with a friend. 

1 hour ago, mich40 said:

Men in kilts.....?

I thought I read that one incorrectly.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

The really, really, really good thing that happened to me today is remembering a baby blimp is floating in London.  (or soon shall be)

Edited by Manohlive