illumination70

What Good Thing Happened To You Today (Continued)

6 hours ago, Max Tsukino said:

hey! my... er... friend needs to find ways to pass the time until the tour starts again...

(er...)

realization: perhaps the Twilight books fall under this category... 🙄

God doesn't close a door without shutting a window @Max Tsukino

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Manohlive said:

The really, really, really good thing that happened to me today is remembering a baby blimp is floating in London.  (or soon shall be)

Yep, there is a *huge* protest going on right now. I would have gone to it if I could have got there. 

Well done everyone for making our country's feelings known. We don't like racist dictators. 

I also had a really nice conversation with a Polish man at the library today. He was enthusing about how good Britain is in our approach to helping people with disabilities, dementia etc, and the fact that our shops try to make themselves dementia-friendly and accessible to everyone. It's good to know that Britain can get some things right :)

• Upvote 2
  • Brilliant 1

Another good thing - it's finally raining!!! We haven't had rain for weeks during this heatwave, but now we've finally got some. 

I feel like going out and dancing in it :lol: I honestly can't remember the last time I saw rain :o

• Like 1

5 hours ago, padawanbeck84 said:

We don't like racist dictators. 

Thank you.  Thank you.  Thank you.  Thank you. Thank you.  Thank you.  Thank you.  Thank you.  Thank you.  Thank you.  Thank you.  Thank you. Thank you Thank you!  (that should be catorce thank you's)   😀

I do find comfort in the fact that my president bowed before a female today.  I don't know how to respectfully address her so I shall leave it at that  I can say the thought of him bowing to anyone that does not serve him makes for a great day.  Thunderstorms are on the way to break our heat.  I have yet another date with the same person tomorrow.  We are going to celebrate both our birthdays.  Mine is next week and my date's is today.  A few good things.  The angry baby with protesters assembled is the best part.

21 hours ago, Manohlive said:

Thank you.  Thank you.  Thank you.  Thank you. Thank you.  Thank you.  Thank you.  Thank you.  Thank you.  Thank you.  Thank you.  Thank you. Thank you Thank you!  (that should be catorce thank you's)   😀

I do find comfort in the fact that my president bowed before a female today.  I don't know how to respectfully address her so I shall leave it at that  I can say the thought of him bowing to anyone that does not serve him makes for a great day.  Thunderstorms are on the way to break our heat.  I have yet another date with the same person tomorrow.  We are going to celebrate both our birthdays.  Mine is next week and my date's is today.  A few good things.  The angry baby with protesters assembled is the best part.

He was rather rude when he walked with the Queen though - he stomped on ahead by himself, rather than waiting and allowing for the fact that she's 92 and can't walk as fast.

Although, on the upside, it's allowed everyone to resurrect the James Bond meme from the London 2012 opening ceremony :lol: 

(If you haven't seen that, it's a picture of Daniel Craig as Bond, walking next to the Queen and people like to put captions on the picture as to what mission she might be assigning him).

I remember watching the ceremony back in 2012 and watching the little short film, assuming that when she turned round, it would be an actress - but no, it was the Queen herself, getting into the spirit of it all. 

Anyway, my good thing for today - I found a Star Wars action figure of Rey for only £10. It was so tough to find Rey figures when The Force Awakens came out and now I have 3 in my little collection B)  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, padawanbeck84 said:

He was rather rude when he walked with the Queen though - he stomped on ahead by himself, rather than waiting and allowing for the fact that she's 92 and can't walk as fast.

Although, on the upside, it's allowed everyone to resurrect the James Bond meme from the London 2012 opening ceremony :lol: 

(If you haven't seen that, it's a picture of Daniel Craig as Bond, walking next to the Queen and people like to put captions on the picture as to what mission she might be assigning him).

I remember watching the ceremony back in 2012 and watching the little short film, assuming that when she turned round, it would be an actress - but no, it was the Queen herself, getting into the spirit of it all. 

Anyway, my good thing for today - I found a Star Wars action figure of Rey for only £10. It was so tough to find Rey figures when The Force Awakens came out and now I have 3 in my little collection B)  

I remember that too.  It was great.  He was rude.  I am American, however; a gentleman always lets a lady go first..no matter.  I didn't like what I saw.  I was quite sure what it was.  Thanks for mentioning what you did.  That Bond with the Queen film was great.  I like that you love books.  Bookstores here are doing okay but need more.  It's nice to know there are others that like the written word in a form one can hold in one's hand.  More Star Wars?  Good for you.

My good thing is I just got back from Bastille Days.  It was our fifth date or so.  I'm not counting.  It was very pleasant. I've no expectations.  We had a lot of fun.  Tomorrow I go to Bastille Days to see a woman who sings Edith Piaf songs.  The timing works beautifully with the World Cup.  I thought I'd have to skip her this year.  I  do not.  She's very good.  I'm very excited to see the World Cup final tomorrow.  It shall be my first final after watching it from the beginning.  Very cool.  I would not be doing it were it not for U2.com and people explaining things.  

On 7/13/2018 at 9:27 PM, illumination70 said:

I  trimmed my elderly cat's toenails without getting bitten,hissed t, etc.

Could you possibly come to Milwaukee and do my dog's nails?  He hates it.  I feel like such a meanie.  :(

3 hours ago, Manohlive said:

I'm very excited to see the World Cup final tomorrow.  It shall be my first final after watching it from the beginning.  Very cool.  I would not be doing it were it not for U2.com and people explaining things.  

I'm hoping France win today - they've played really well this tournament and scored some great goals. And they are our neighbours :)

Although I'm not so keen on the football being on at the same time as the Wimbledon men's final - whose bright idea was that? :o Some of us like both sports! 

I'm very glad the British Grand Prix was last weekend or the dilemma could have been even worse :wacko:

On 7/12/2018 at 12:45 PM, doctornickriviera said:

Next Muse Drones world tour at the Cinema

I could not find one by me.  😭

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, padawanbeck84 said:

I'm not so keen on the football being on at the same time as the Wimbledon men's final - whose bright idea was that?

Yes.  I really missed seeing Wimbledon this year.  It's one of the few that I can see on regular television.  I missed most of the whole tournament.

Edited by Manohlive

Today has been brilliant - my eldest nephew got engaged to his girlfriend for a start.

Then I went to another library I'd never been to before - and found a book the doctor had recommended to help with my anxiety.

And the library was near enough to my mum's house that we could pop over for a visit before going home :)

• Upvote 1

Adding to the good things, I just got the result for my Creative Writing module - and did a lot better than I expected! 

I've struggled with the module at times - the overall score for my assignments was 62% - but the score for the final End of Module assignment was 75% :D

That gives me a Grade 2 pass when I was expecting a Grade 3.

• Upvote 1
  • Brilliant 1

I  dropped off a resume at a nearby gift basket shop and I hope walking in 104+ degree heat was worth it because I really need a job during November/December.

• Like 1

I researched something, and found it! It is hot hot hot here too, too hot in fact. I'm staying indoors as much as I can right now.

It’s both my wedding anniversary and World Emoji Day!

how do you top those two combined?

💍👰🏻🤵🏼🤱🏻👨‍👨‍👧🎂🥂🍻🍺🍷 💒❤️🔔🎉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, illumination70 said:

I stopped procrastinating and made some Toffee Bars!!

Yum.

My good thing is that I finally forced my doctors/insurance to get Cambia in powder from covered.  It is for headaches.  The powder goes into a bit of water. and swallowed.  It has a good efficacy without tearing apart one's stomach.  Nine months it took.  I finally threatened legal counsel.  It was done by the end of the day..

Edited by Manohlive

Just finished watching the last episode of War & Peace (BBC) that has been airing here. And now I have a huge crush on James Norton :).

• Haha 1

On 7/18/2018 at 8:45 AM, Manohlive said:

Yum.

My good thing is that I finally forced my doctors/insurance to get Cambia in powder from covered.  It is for headaches.  The powder goes into a bit of water. and swallowed.  It has a good efficacy without tearing apart one's stomach.  Nine months it took.  I finally threatened legal counsel.  It was done by the end of the day..

Sorry mate diclofenac is not a good drug.

Rarely prescribed in the UK these days due to side effects.

https://www.gov.uk/drug-safety-update/diclofenac-new-contraindications-and-warnings

• Thanks 1