illumination70

What Good Thing Happened To You Today (Continued)

I went to a local convention in Oswestry and had a really good time. My biggest highlight was meeting Virginia Hey, who played Zhaan in Farscape. I got a lovely signed photo and she also signed my Farscape Season 1 Companion book. All of the guests that I spoke to and got signed photos from were really friendly. 

A number of people complimented me on my costume too :D

I got my Kickstarter advance mp3 download of Nina Rao's new album. Eagerly awaiting the physical copy.

unnamed.jpg

On 8/4/2018 at 9:43 AM, CorkVegan said:

Pancakes!

Yum multiplied exponentially.  If real maple syrup is involved; make it a double Yum.

I bought my ticket to go see The Stereophonics in Chicago.  $35 which came to $52 w/service fees.  argh.  Thirty-five bucks is a steal which gets stolen by those darn charges.  F#$k 'em.  I'm very excited.  I love this band and GA is very accessible at The Vic in Chicago.  Even the theatre's name is a great thing because it's an old venue for Chicago. I was worried I could not afford this one.  woo hoo.

On 8/6/2018 at 11:37 AM, doctornickriviera said:

BandsFC on twitter released a U2 badge!

7D4D3670-3B41-4442-8B0C-B1235F3B872B.jpeg

Could you explain?  To keep it on topic - Learning more would be a good thing carried over from The World Cup thread.  

Posted (edited)

I just found out that Dawes is going to be at a local record store in Chicago, on Wednesday.  They are playing a stripped down acoustic set and signing purchased copies of their new album.  I also just found out how to make certain I'm in to see it. Yow.  😅

Edited by Manohlive

On 8/8/2018 at 6:35 AM, Manohlive said:

Could you explain?  To keep it on topic - Learning more would be a good thing carried over from The World Cup thread.  

It's a Twitter thread which takes football clubs (including national teams) and matches them up with bands as a bit of fun. 

For example, knowing that members of Oasis are huge fans of Manchester City, they've redesigned the Man City badge to include the name/logo of Oasis. Manchester United walk out to a song by The Stone Roses, so that's who they have been paired with, and they do the same for as many teams as possible, e.g. pairing Daft Punk and Paris Saint-Germain. 

In this case with U2, they've mashed them up with the US men's national team, presumably with reference to the impact both of Irish people on America, but also America on U2's music. 

• Thanks 1

I've arranged to help out a Star Wars sketch card artist with a display that she's doing - and it will reduce my huge swaps pile for good measure B)

At least until this new set comes out and adds to the pile again :lol:

It is officially Irish Fest in Milwaukee.  It is the largest Irish Fest in America.  Great, great music and more.  I also have a date and it's ten or so now with the same person.  Irish Fest it shall be.

• Brilliant 1

I dropped my phone and broke the screen.  Dumb, dumb, dumb.  I was looking at $130 to fix it.  I found the kit for $55 and am doing it myself.  Thus far, this is a good thing.  I cannot afford another expense this month but was able to do my brakes for my car and pay for this and eat.  I had to skip Dawes' acoustic set in Chicago but such is life.

One from yesterday: I found a fellow U2 fan in my writing group! :D 

We got chatting about concerts as he's going to Manchester 2 and was at Twickenham 1 last year. 

(I thought I posted this last night, but clearly I forgot to click "Submit reply" :lol: )

9 hours ago, Manohlive said:

I dropped my phone and broke the screen.  Dumb, dumb, dumb.  I was looking at $130 to fix it.  I found the kit for $55 and am doing it myself.  

I had the exact same experience two years ago. All it took was a YouTube video and $50 worth of materials from Amazon to fix it. My tip is go nice and slow and you'll be fine. Good luck. 👍