illumination70

What Good Thing Happened To You Today (Continued)

9 hours ago, padawanbeck84 said:

And we also found a nice tea shop/cafe before coming home.

That sounds lovely.  It's also one of the reasons I want to go to the U.K.

My good thing:   I realized anger is a useless emotion unless it precipitates positive change so I let go of something which has been weighing me down for years.

It was a beautiful day on the shores of Lake Michigan in Milwaukee;  sunny, 80 and no humidity.  The lake smells great today.   I found out that Milwaukee may be hosing the Democratic National Convention in 2020.  We've a brand new, state of the art, arena.  (fingers crossed)

I received some trading cards in the post yesterday. They were sent from America on Wednesday - that's some seriously quick international postage! :o

They've arrived *so* quickly I still don't have any other cards of that set to go with them :lol:

But I did get a lovely Poe Dameron short-print to go with the 2017 Galactic Files B)

3 hours ago, doctornickriviera said:

I saw Mamma Mia 2 with my family. I wanted to hate it but I absolutely loved it!

Admitting that publicly?  wow.   ?     If you are that secure with being a dude...I'm horrified they call Cher, 'Grandma.', and it ain't about getting old. One does not call Cher Grandma! .  I can also admit that I don't even like the musical Mama Mia.  I. will probably watch MM2 just for Cher.   ?   I'm joshin' ya, doc.  

It's a sad day for news by me.  I am dealing with it by listening to music.  Adele is currently making me feel better.  We also got some pretty awesome storms which are now moving out over Lake Michigan.  

Edited by Manohlive

Today's post included a numbered SW High-Tek Poe Dameron card and a Poe comic with a variant cover that my trade partner included in the deal (at no extra cost!) because it's not available here in the UK B)

And I'm having an awesome afternoon...

I found 4 books in Bridgnorth library - including Tolkien's Beowulf, Star Wars: Bloodline *and* Trudi Canavan's latest. Then I got home and found the trading card set I've been waiting for is finally on sale! 

I've been *very* extravagant and ordered 2 hobby boxes instead of my usual one :D 

On 8/27/2018 at 3:59 PM, doctornickriviera said:

Manchester United 0- Tottenham Hotspur 3

COYS

We are getting Premier League on network TV again.  woo hoo for that.  I can't watch preseason Packers games. (which are happening now)  I'm superstitious and they make me nervous. (injuries)  It's nice to watch English football instead.

12 hours ago, padawanbeck84 said:

Tolkien's Beowulf

I was not aware there was one.  I thought Beowulf was Beowulf.  I'm going to have to research this.  Thanks, padawanback84.

7 hours ago, Manohlive said:

I was not aware there was one.  I thought Beowulf was Beowulf.  I'm going to have to research this.  Thanks, padawanback84.

There are many different translations of Beowulf :) The first version I ever found was a bilingual one with the Anglo-Saxon on one page, then a partial modern English translation on the facing page. I still have it.

Tolkien's version should be interesting as he was a Professor of Anglo-Saxon studies at Oxford University. 

My good thing for today: I found 4 more books at the library - including one I only found out about yesterday! B)

I also found a Lego Star Wars trading card set. It's aimed at 10-year-olds, but... it's Star Wars, so I bought it - and promptly got a Poe Dameron card :lol:

• Thanks 1

It just dawned on me that if I want to hear (and hopefully see if periscope befriends me) the EI show-I'm going to have to be at the computer at one in the afternoon.  I'm very happy I did not sit down at 8 pm on Friday only to realize it's 3 AM in Berlin.   I forgot the rest of the world does not revolve around America.  ?

6 hours ago, Manohlive said:

It just dawned on me that if I want to hear (and hopefully see if periscope befriends me) the EI show-I'm going to have to be at the computer at one in the afternoon.  I'm very happy I did not sit down at 8 pm on Friday only to realize it's 3 AM in Berlin.   I forgot the rest of the world does not revolve around America.  ?

:lol: At least us Europeans can follow the shows at civilised times now - during the North American leg, people were staying up all night to try and catch them.

Two of my friends arrived in Berlin early this morning and got great numbers in the GA line - in the first 100! B)

I received my Star Wars hobby boxes today - and I *swear* Topps know who my favourite character is! :lol:

1 gold card among the whole lot and it just *happens* to be Poe Dameron B) Numbered 2/10 

The second box also included the Poe shirt fabric swatch. I also found a printing plate and a sketch along with the 2 guaranteed autographs.

A five minute walk from where I live, there are thousands of Harley Davidson motorcycles lined up along Lake Michigan.  It started last night and goes through the weekend.  It is incredible to see. F#$K Trump and his feeble attempt at bullying something so awesome..  Happy 115, Harley Davidson. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Manohlive said:

A five minute walk from where I live, there are thousands of Harley Davidson motorcycles lined up along Lake Michigan.  It started last night and goes through the weekend.  It is incredible to see. F#$K Trump and his feeble attempt at bullying something so awesome..  Happy 115, Harley Davidson. 

That sounds amazing... I hope someone's taking photos! 

We have a couple of annual bike parades and events near me to raise money for charity, but nowhere near that scale.

And yes, good on them for ignoring the bully.  

• Thanks 1

On 8/30/2018 at 2:42 AM, padawanbeck84 said:

At least us Europeans can follow the shows at civilised times now - during the North American leg, people were staying up all night to try and catch them.

Lol.  I'm already tired and the show, for me, is at 1 PM.   I came in here all excited and noticed I could not react to anything.  I then noticed more things were not working.  I freaked out thinking I'd not be able to be in the live thread and participate for the show today.  I did not want to bother the mods.  I resigned to leaving...only to realize I had not signed in.  Duh!   My dog was up all night long...back n forth.  He gets back in bed and keeps plopping his butt on me, rather than jabbing me with his paw.  I'm used to the paw but not this plopping. The good news is he's doing better. He was not doing well a few days ago. I was very, very scared it was the end.  To celebrate, he's decided his butt now belongs on my stomach so he can lie sideways and take up the whole bed.  ❤️

We got new emojis in the Zoo.  I don't remember seeing them yesterday.  They must be for the European EI Tour?    It's a good thing either way.

15 minutes ago, padawanbeck84 said:

That sounds amazing... I hope someone's taking photos! 

It is truly amazing.  I've taken some but the light was not right.  I shall try again.  

My best friend came over and we spent a lovely day catching up, playing video games together and laughing our heads off. 

She brought her dog with her and we took him on a walk round the area.

I emailed and old friend whom I haven't seen in a long time, and he emailed me right back. Fun!

I received two really nice autographed Star Wars cards today in my Archive Signature boxes. Not the big household names that we all hope for, but I'm happy enough with them :)