illumination70

What Good Thing Happened To You Today (Continued)

2 hours ago, Manohlive said:

You seem like such a nice guy.  I came in here hoping no one had read what I posted.  I am horrified at how overwritten it is.  I just had a panic attack hoping I could edit out 90% of what you quoted before anyone saw and now it's too late. ?   Lol.  I  was on a post Cologne EI,  riding the wave, high. I still am but sobered up a bit. It's not so much having a lot on my plate as it was the stress of not wanting to disappoint her.  Thanks.  I need a, save, edit and submit my Zoo posts at a later time, option for my 2019 subscriber gift.  The Cologne show was my real good thing today.

(Would I lose my reputation as a nice guy if I pointed out that their show today was in Berlin, not Cologne?)

19 minutes ago, dmway said:

(Would I lose my reputation as a nice guy if I pointed out that their show today was in Berlin, not Cologne?)

The defense rests and hides under the table awaiting its inevitable defeat.  Muttering I knew would be futile.  I must not be as sobered from the live show as I thought I was.  You and your tiny fonts.  I squinted and now I squirm.   ?

The lady we helped move made my buddy and I eight dozen cookies.  Eight dozen and before the holidays.   I'm looking at my aerobic exercycle and thanking my stars I have one because I'm going to need it.  Chocolate and salted butterscotch caramel chip cookies.  Six of them were immediately munched by me.    Pedal pedal pedal...push push push (upper body pedal)   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I received more Star Wars cards in the post :D 

2 sketches of my favourite character, one medallion and a green parallel from the very posh SW Masterworks set B)

Picked up the Kiss Me, Kill Me, Thrill Me 12" which sounds tremendous.

• Like 3

Amid all the guns and political lunacy, I saw a very positive and heartening story on a local news network.  Milwaukee is putting forth a strong and what seems funded initiative to end homelessness.  It's not just talk.  They are buying or building places for all these people to live.  It's still in planning but seems funded.  💙

• Like 1
  • Brilliant 1

29 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

Milwaukee is putting forth a strong and what seems funded initiative to end homelessness.  It's not just talk. 

This is great, great news. Every time I go into NYC I am stunned by the amount of people (entire families too!) living on the streets. People who come onto the subway car to beg for loose change... How can this be happening? It seems that charities are doing the work that the government should be doing. I want my tax dollars to go towards helping people that need help.

Good job Milwaukee. 👍

• Thanks 1

Homelessness is awful in the Uk, so much more visible than a decade ago. 

Since the 2008 financial crisis the poorest have been hit so poor here through so called austerity, whilst the rich get richer. Public services are being cut again and again and profitable bits sold off to private companies. And now we stand on the Abyss of brexit..

14 hours ago, CorkVegan said:

This is great, great news. Every time I go into NYC I am stunned by the amount of people (entire families too!) living on the streets. People who come onto the subway car to beg for loose change... How can this be happening? It seems that charities are doing the work that the government should be doing. I want my tax dollars to go towards helping people that need help.

Good job Milwaukee. 👍

I just found out that it's not just Milwaukee.  It's for the whole state of Wisconsin.  That's a lot of people who will be helped and badly need it.  They have to raise some money but I don't see it not going through.  It is such great news.   It's our whole state.   That's even better news.

My good thing for today:   It took quite a while and quite a bit of convincing a very patient operator but I was able to switch my 13th row seat for right up front...The Head and the Heart on December 6.  I am so blessed.  I could see the ticket on TM but the operator could not, etc.   After a couple hours of effort and call backs-I got it.  

I got tickets to go see Snow Patrol in Chicago on May 7, 2019, for a headlining show.  It's GA so we can be right up front.  

I got my newest Star Wars cards this morning - and they are very smart. I especially like the lightsabre medallions - mine is Yoda's lightsabre and 1 of only 10 that were made B)

I forgave someone and we reconciled our friendship.

• Like 1
  • Brilliant 1

I spent yesterday with my best friend. I met her pets - and wasn't scared of holding a rat. Even when said rat decided to invade my jumper :lol:

We also went shopping and I found 3 very rare Star Wars children's books - so rare I'd never seen that series in a UK shop before!

I got a ticket to go see Dawes in Clearwater, Florida in February.  That makes three shows in as many weeks plus a few weeks in the warmth with my family.

There's a guy who comes into the library on a regular basis to use the computers. We've sometimes had trouble with him as he's an alcoholic and would smuggle drinks in and be drinking even in the library.

My boss knows him quite well and sometimes even makes him simple meals in our staffroom to try and sober him up. 

He came in today, shivering and shaking, not looking well and someone asked him if he was OK. The shaking was due to withdrawal symptoms as he's trying to stop drinking.

He's *finally* realised it's not good for him. It's not an easy thing to give up, but it's good to see he's trying to sort his life out :)