illumination70

What Good Thing Happened To You Today (Continued)

Someone gave me pictures of Bruff and me at every Irish Fest he and I attended, so he could charm the masses as only an Irish Terrier can.  I miss him so much but these pics are awesome.  I also decided to become a part of the Irish Terrier Society of North America.  The lady from whom I bought Bruff is the president of this society.  She said she'd love me to become a part of it.  😊

I also borrowed the dvd of Mr. Magoo's A Christmas Carol and I'm going to watch it this evening.   

I finished a 400-odd page book that had to be returned by the end of today. And got it back in time.

Also, my latest box of Star Wars cards arrived :D Many of the cards have been created using new, original pieces of art by a whole variety of artists and it's a beautiful collection. 

Now I just need to sort through them all and see if I have a full 100-card base set.

Dele Alli giving the best possible response to an idiot Gooner throwing bottles at him. Bye Arsenal.

3AC41918-E752-43BA-94C4-080E8EC0AF5D.jpeg

Edited by doctornickriviera

On the way home from shopping this morning, we saw the local bikers group out doing their annual Santa Run. 

There must have been over 100 bikes, many of which had been decorated with tinsel and many of the riders were in costume. They go round each year and hand out presents to children in the local hospital and hospices. 

Really lovely to see them all parading through town on their way to give the presents.

On Christmas eve, I ran to the store for some last minute items.  To my surprise, my favorite coffee known as "Cafe Caribe"was in stock again after being told the store had discontinued the product 2 weeks earlier.  To celebrate I purchased a couple of packages because the Holiday Season is meant to party it up in any way we can!!

:)

Edited by illumination70
  • Like 1

I received 4 trading cards in the post. I am steadily building up mini-rainbows of my 4 favourite cards from the latest Star Wars set :)

The purple parallel of card 48 is a numbered, limited edition B)

Last night, I could hear Lake Michigan roaring from blocks away.  I endured the weather to go see.  It was very rough.  I got soaked watching the waves, which were huge.  I love watching the waves of winter.  Today, I'm having hot cocoa and staying inside because it's nasty outside.  It's a great day to take down my Christmas tree and put away the chreche.  .

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I found two books I wanted in the library - and the librarian said that we don't *have* to stick to the official 10-book limit  :D

• Haha 1

I got five dollars from a survey I did a few months back.  It couldn't have happened at a better time since I'm on l"hard times" as is.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, padawanbeck84 said:

I found two books I wanted in the library - and the librarian said that we don't *have* to stick to the official 10-book limit  :D

I keep trying to imagine how you can possibly store all these books and stickers and things you mention.  I realize the books are on loan but they must go somewhere. 

I've been trying to move into a different apartment for six months.  The manager of my building has not been helpful.  We had what turned into a confrontation.  I hate arguing in person.  We were going at it when I finally looked at her and asked, "Why are we fighting?".  She said she did not know and asked me to close the office door.  (very nosy people in my building)  We talked.  It turns out her dog died a couple days after mine did.  Her sister has pancreatic cancer.  Her aunt has stomach cancer.  Between her challenges and my head hurting so much-each of us was reacting to stress.  Neither of us wanted to cause the other harm.  We resolved our differences. I now have until March 15 to move into my new apartment. It's a huge burden off my shoulders. We stopped fighting and brokered peace-which is what I wanted but did not know how to do.  My current apartment faces due North and never gets sunlight.  When I open the door to the new apartment, the living room is flooded with direct sunlight. My new bedroom looks to the West and I can finally see the Sun setting again-even when it's too cold to go outside and watch it.  Woo Hoo.

• Brilliant 1

1 hour ago, Manohlive said:

I keep trying to imagine how you can possibly store all these books and stickers and things you mention.  I realize the books are on loan but they must go somewhere. 

My library books sit in neat piles in the spare room until I can read them. I borrow from 2 different county authorities, so one set is on one side of the room and the other books are on the opposite side so I know which books have to go back where :)

Although between my books, coursework and everything else, the spare room is gradually becoming "My room part II" :lol:

And I am starting to run out of room for trading card binders :wacko:

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, doctornickriviera said:

Just renewed(some of you might see that as a bad thing)

I think it's a great thing and another good thing for me today.

Oh cmon U2.com  where’s my 2019 gift ???😡😡😡🤬. I renewed an hour ago and haven’t had it yet! Rant rave grumble moan!

• Haha 2

I went to the library with my Dad today - and this time it was his turn to borrow books :)

He hardly ever reads and isn't very confident about learning new things, but as we're planning a holiday abroad, he borrowed a beginner's language pack.

And completed Day 1 of the coursebook within about an hour of getting home. 

I feel so proud of him for being brave and trying something new.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, padawanbeck84 said:

I went to the library with my Dad today - and this time it was his turn to borrow books :)

He hardly ever reads and isn't very confident about learning new things, but as we're planning a holiday abroad, he borrowed a beginner's language pack.

And completed Day 1 of the coursebook within about an hour of getting home. 

I feel so proud of him for being brave and trying something new.

What’s he learning? Are you going on holibobs to Aberystwyth and he’s learning Welsh?

26 minutes ago, doctornickriviera said:

What’s he learning? Are you going on holibobs to Aberystwyth and he’s learning Welsh?

He's learning Spanish. We are hoping to go on holiday there later in the year once I've finished my writing course.

Welsh is on my list of languages to tackle. I know a few words, but would like to learn it properly at some point :)

I decided to bite the bullet and get the infusions, if necessary, even if it means I miss Dawes.