illumination70

What Good Thing Happened To You Today (Continued)

It's my dad's birthday today so we had a day out in the car. 

We went to the Welsh Newport. And yes, me being me, I came home with some books :D

I also found a figure of my favourite Star Wars character Poe to add to my collection. Black Series figures are normally over £20 each - this one was reduced to less than £4! 

I just finished a huge workload where for the past couple of weeks working the Broadway musical "The Lion King"and on Monday night , the band Kiss was in town.

I went to a brilliant community cinema event this evening 🍿

One of our local community centres put on a screening of Bohemian Rhapsody and we got tickets as a birthday present for my dad as he's a big Queen fan. 

Directorial controversy aside, it's a very entertaining film - we clapped and stomped and sang along. I was still in nappies when Live Aid happened so I've only ever seen archive footage, but that section of the film was a real highlight. And yes, I spotted U2 (and the banner). 

• Like 1

On 2/6/2019 at 10:51 PM, padawanbeck84 said:

It's my dad's birthday today so we had a day out in the car. 

We went to the Welsh Newport. And yes, me being me, I came home with some books :D

I also found a figure of my favourite Star Wars character Poe to add to my collection. Black Series figures are normally over £20 each - this one was reduced to less than £4! 

Why (in the name of love) did you go to Newport?

3 minutes ago, doctornickriviera said:

Why (in the name of love) did you go to Newport?

Because Dad wanted to have a look round it. We've been to Cardiff, Swansea etc, but not Newport. So we went :)

A nice U2-oriented site gave me the gift of a lossless version of the Dublin ZooTV show. Now, that is a good thing. 😎

• Like 1

Well, the computer problems weren't a good thing - but I sorted them out all by myself. I'm not brilliantly techy, so for me, that's quite an achievement B)

• Brilliant 1

The comic book I'd been waiting for arrived in today's post. And even the opening credits page are hilarious - done in the style of the phone book Bill + Ted use to travel through time :lol: