illumination70

What Good Thing Happened To You Today (Continued)

Went out to the archipelago yesterday and was thinking I should write something. And nothing came of it, I couldn't write anything. But, when I came home I got both the idea and the title for a collection of short stories.

Went for a ride with my friend in his car, stopped at a nice café with a view and then he gave me a lift all the way home again. Nice trip.

A friend gave me really good critique for my poems. I do think it was heartfelt, he really liked my poetry, well, I hope :)

I attended a workshop today with some of my fellow volunteers from Cre-Active. It was very inspirational - and I came home with a shadow puppet theatre. We each made our own from a shoebox and some fabric. We also made stick puppets and even some scenery so that we can put our own stories and shows together. The workshop also involved singing, games and music - including getting to try DJing!  B)

I got to see the Rogue One trailer

Rogue One looks brilliant! 

Also in Star Wars-related things, I made progress today on my X-Wing pilot costume. My dad told me about a little fabric shop that might be able to help me out so we went there and not only did we find the material for the life-jacket part of the costume, but the lady is also ordering the dark grey straps for the belt etc. Then we went to an odds-and-ends shop a short distance away and found three more parts. 

Now I can start actually putting parts of the costume together!  :D

I got to see the Rogue One trailer

Rogue One looks brilliant!

Also in Star Wars-related things, I made progress today on my X-Wing pilot costume. My dad told me about a little fabric shop that might be able to help me out so we went there and not only did we find the material for the life-jacket part of the costume, but the lady is also ordering the dark grey straps for the belt etc. Then we went to an odds-and-ends shop a short distance away and found three more parts.

Now I can start actually putting parts of the costume together! :D

Excellent! That's gonna be a pretty cool costume.

Two things really, one yesterday and one today. 

Yesterday I took a trip to Manson's guitar shop in Exeter, and got to play a Cort MBC-1 guitar, originally built for Matt Bellamy from Muse! 

13912658_1265910076777327_88636623912204

The thing that happened today was that my ticket arrived for next week's Reading Festival! Can't wait...

After 3 orders and attempts to find precisely the right shade of orange, I finally got the overalls for my X-Wing pilot costume today! But they're currently far too clean and bright, so I need to get to work grubbing them up to make it look like I've flown lots of missions in them  :D I also found some boots for the costume and two other items. It's all coming together at long last.

After 3 orders and attempts to find precisely the right shade of orange, I finally got the overalls for my X-Wing pilot costume today! But they're currently far too clean and bright, so I need to get to work grubbing them up to make it look like I've flown lots of missions in them :D I also found some boots for the costume and two other items. It's all coming together at long last.

I sense a great excitement in the force

My good thing happened last night.  I participated in a 5k  run to help a local teacher who was recently diagnosed with cancer.  After the run/walk, I won a t-shirt from one of the drawings I entered.

My good thing happened last night.  I participated in a 5k  run to help a local teacher who was recently diagnosed with cancer.  After the run/walk, I won a t-shirt from one of the drawings I entered.

Well done! 

One of my local libraries had a book sale today. I picked up 5 books for £6 - including a 1929 book on the Rosetta Stone and the decipherment of Egyptian hieroglyphs. Then I went to the comic book store and bought issue #1 of the Star Wars: Poe Dameron comic  B)

(Yes, my taste in reading material is *very* varied)

Going to the zoo today, hopefully it will be fun and we will spot all kinds of wild animals.

My "good thing" happened on Friday night when I saw Duran Duran in concert.  The show was a blessing since I was really depressed over having to put our dog down (he had cancer).

My "good thing" happened on Friday night when I saw Duran Duran in concert.  The show was a blessing since I was really depressed over having to put our dog down (he had cancer).

So sorry about your dog. (((Hugs))) But wasn't the show good? Saw them in July and had a great time.

So sorry about your dog. (((Hugs))) But wasn't the show good? Saw them in July and had a great time.

Yes it was and I bet $$ Simon, John, Dom, Roger and the rest of the band got a kick out us concert goers who were wearing rain ponchos during the show due to the thunderstorm in the beginning LOL!!

A friend of mine emailed me a clip from youtube. And it was David Sylvian! I had no idea he liked one of my favourite artists.

My box of course materials arrived today for my uni module. Naturally, the box arrived a day earlier than scheduled - while I was enjoying a day out by train to Aberystwyth  :rolleyes:

I'm determined to do well on this module as it's my final one (so it will decide my degree classification).

I'm on an eligible list for a job and waiting to hear something soon.

Edited by U2LAWoman

Two things today: Firstly, I'm making progress with sewing my overalls for the X-Wing pilot costume - the legs and arms are now adjusted for my (lack of) height, I've marked where the extra pockets will go and we've removed the maker's labels. It would never do for Poe Dameron to have "Safe Welding" labels on his flight suit!  :D

Secondly, this evening I tried a Beginner's Yoga class at the Community Centre. It is run by the same lady who does the Tai Chi class and I really enjoyed it. Our instructor is very encouraging and also very good at explaining things so that even a complete beginner like me understands what to do and feels comfortable.

Two things today: Firstly, I'm making progress with sewing my overalls for the X-Wing pilot costume - the legs and arms are now adjusted for my (lack of) height, I've marked where the extra pockets will go and we've removed the maker's labels. It would never do for Poe Dameron to have "Safe Welding" labels on his flight suit!  :D

Secondly, this evening I tried a Beginner's Yoga class at the Community Centre. It is run by the same lady who does the Tai Chi class and I really enjoyed it. Our instructor is very encouraging and also very good at explaining things so that even a complete beginner like me understands what to do and feels comfortable.

This was the first thing I thought of when I read that lol

post-298319-0-27751900-1475053937_thumb.jpg