Jump to content
illumination70

What Good Thing Happened To You Today (Continued)

Recommended Posts

On 12/07/2017 at 3:25 AM, illumination70 said:

ELMARTO-((HUGS))

   

 

Ta illumination ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I heard and received the word ELEVATION 6 different times in various emails, on line videos, etc. in less than 24 hours. God, you have my attention with this one!

Edited by natural11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw a classic movie  called "Twister" staring Bill Pullman and Helen Hunt.  I enjoy this film because it brought back old memories of living in the midwestern part of "Tornado Alley" (Minnesota and Iowa) and we all ran into the basement whenever the tornado sirens would go off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got confirmation of my degree classification! I've achieved a 2.1 BA (Honours) in Humanities :D

I had worried the final module result would drag it down, but the previous modules scored well enough that I still got the higher class. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/19/2017 at 10:50 AM, padawanbeck84 said:

I got confirmation of my degree classification! I've achieved a 2.1 BA (Honours) in Humanities :D

I had worried the final module result would drag it down, but the previous modules scored well enough that I still got the higher class. 

Congratulations!!

 

My "good thing" which happened to me was my mom was released from the hospital and  is recovering!!  I also took my dad to Trader Joe's so he found out what the fuss was when they finally opened a store in my area!!

Edited by illumination70

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a hobby box of Star Wars trading cards delivered earlier - and one of them was a gold John Boyega autograph card!! It is numbered /25 and honestly I cried.  

BoyegaAutov2.jpg

Edited by padawanbeck84
Adding photo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I appeared in court with someone who was my enemy.  She was cranking her music to where my life was intolerable and received $480 in noise ordinances as a result.  Management in my building forced me to call the police.  They told me reasoning with her was impossible because she hates everyone.  I refused to believe it.  We brokered peace over the loud music and the judge threw out all charges with no fines.  This lady has health challenges and is in a scooter and disabled.  $480 was over one month's income for her.  I am so thankful to that prosecutor and judge for being so kind.  I'm also even more thankful to that voice in our hearts which tells us right from wrong.

It was my birthday and a shitty one and this made it a great one.  (two days ago but I could not get online to post this)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/12/2017 at 3:34 PM, padawanbeck84 said:

I received a parcel of trading cards from a friend in Australia. I now only need one card to complete my Star Wars 40th Anniversary base set :D

How long did it take to get all but one card of the collection?  That seems a bit of a challenge or am I incorrect?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Manohlive said:

How long did it take to get all but one card of the collection?  That seems a bit of a challenge or am I incorrect?

I started collecting it around late May/early June - it is a big challenge as access to the Star Wars 40th anniversary set is very limited here in the UK. Topps made a limited number of boxes available for UK people to order and I managed to afford 1 box, which got me most of the cards. I've got the rest through swap deals with other members of a card collector's group on FB. Some kind members of said group have even sent me cards free of charge! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a phone interview for a trampoline park today and have another interview for the local arena Tuesday morning.  So to "cool my jets" (caused by anxiety), I watched an oldie, but good film from 1985 called "The MIdnight Hour".

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got my overall university result back, and I'm officially graduating with a 2.1! Happiness levels just shot through the roof!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, peterferris8 said:

Just got my overall university result back, and I'm officially graduating with a 2.1! Happiness levels just shot through the roof!

Yayy!!! Well done!! :DB)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/29/2017 at 0:33 AM, stanley14 said:

I woke up in Amsterdam ;)

I am happy for you and envious at the same time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went to see Dawes live last night; been driving four to seven hours, seeing them and driving straight back home;  done it 14 times this tour and gone by myself. (No biggie we love our favorite bands) Friends and family think me insane.  Tonight I finally get to see them in Milwaukee where I live AND I'm not going alone.   Of course they'll go when it's a ten minute bus ride.   Ha.  Two nights in a row!  I fear blasphemy here but this is as great, for me, as my two consecutive evenings of 360 in Chicago.  They are that good live and it's so easy to get right up front.   $25  two full sets.  I cannot get enough.  It is a great time for music!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Manohlive said:

I went to see Dawes live last night; been driving four to seven hours, seeing them and driving straight back home;  done it 14 times this tour and gone by myself. (No biggie we love our favorite bands) Friends and family think me insane.  Tonight I finally get to see them in Milwaukee where I live AND I'm not going alone.   Of course they'll go when it's a ten minute bus ride.   Ha.  Two nights in a row!  I fear blasphemy here but this is as great, for me, as my two consecutive evenings of 360 in Chicago.  They are that good live and it's so easy to get right up front.   $25  two full sets.  I cannot get enough.  It is a great time for music!

It is a new day.  I'm back from the second show.  I was right under Taylor in front.  His guitar was literally in my face.  It was pure bliss.  Then it was sad because it's over.  I found out they added another date in Lacrosse, WI on October 17.  woo hoo   Now if I can just get to Minneapolis for a second JT show via a GA...  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, illumination70 said:

My job interview went well!!

Congrats.  I hope you get it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Manohlive said:

I am happy for you and envious at the same time. 

Thank you Manohlive :)

It was so fantastic, I hope your turn will come! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually my "good thing" which happened to a facebook friend of mine who's friend (a teacher from Western, WA.) went hiking and got lost in the forest for 3.5 days. Long story short,  she's now recovering from her ordeal at a Seattle Hospital. I'm so happy the search crews (and  her dog) found her because this world needs more  happy endings!!

Edited by illumination70

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...