illumination70

What Good Thing Happened To You Today (Continued)

4 hours ago, illumination70 said:

Actually my "good thing" which happened to a facebook friend of mine who's friend (a teacher from Western, WA.) went hiking and got lost in the forest for 3.5 days. Long story short,  she's now recovering from her ordeal at a Seattle Hospital. I'm so happy the search crews (and  her dog) found her because this world needs more  happy endings!!

Yes, it does need more happy endings.  That had to be a very long few days plus for your friend AND you.  I'm very happy to hear she is okay.  God bless search crews and keep those doggies safe.  They are oft forgotten heroes.  I'm very happy and hope your friend heals quickly and completely.

On 8/2/2017 at 4:13 AM, stanley14 said:

Thank you Manohlive :)

It was so fantastic, I hope your turn will come! 

When you posted you woke up in Amsterdam; I wanted to ask where you were when you went to sleep and if it was a result of alcohol or a plane ride!  lol   No need to thank me but you are most welcome.  I'd imagine it was fantastic.  A tinge of envy approacheth so thanks for my turn coming.

10 hours ago, Manohlive said:

Yes, it does need more happy endings.  That had to be a very long few days plus for your friend AND you.  I'm very happy to hear she is okay.  God bless search crews and keep those doggies safe.  They are oft forgotten heroes.  I'm very happy and hope your friend heals quickly and completely.

Thanks and as a result  of this situation, I believe miracles do happen because not  only was the hiker found alive,but according to recent reports, she survived a 100 ft. fall from  a hill in the Cascade mountain range.  

I went out today and found 4 books that I've been itching to read. I borrowed one from a local library and the other three I bought from charity shops for the *HUGE* sum of... £2.50p :D

I love charity shops - I can feed my book addiction *and* know the money is going somewhere useful.

4 hours ago, padawanbeck84 said:

I went out today and found 4 books that I've been itching to read. I borrowed one from a local library and the other three I bought from charity shops for the *HUGE* sum of... £2.50p :D

I love charity shops - I can feed my book addiction *and* know the money is going somewhere useful.

There ya go,catch two  birds with one stone (American slang term)!!   

Edited by illumination70

12 hours ago, natural11 said:

I saw a shooting star before the sun rose this morning!

Cool, did you make a wish?  I'm asking because according to legend, if one sees a shooting star, you're supposed to make a wish.   As for my "good thing" the first part of a local 5 k-run I'm doing  for a 3 three week series is completed.

Oh no, I did not make a wish! Good job on your 5K!! Yay!!!

My good thing...continued purging of all old things I do not use or need!

That's great Illum! I was asked and recommended to be part of a book for the government for my very small part in a community project. Don't know yet if it will see the light of day with the way things have been and our government cutbacks. We'll see

I found time to get my brows waxed because there comes a time where a girl becomes tired of resembling something which crawled out of a cave LOL!!   Another good thing going on in my neck of the woods is we're in the process of getting a Sonic Drive-Inn coming soon!!

Edited by illumination70

I learnt the name of one of my neighbours. They moved in a while ago, but I haven't had much chance to talk to them before. This morning, I found some balloons had come into our garden from their birthday party last night, so I tied them up, handed them back over the fence and had a little chat as I did so. Doing my little bit to make my neighbourhood more sociable :)

I went to the store today to pick up a couple of things and saw some Halloween decorations already up.  I became so excited because Halloween is one of my favorite Holidays!!

1 hour ago, illumination70 said:

I went to the store today to pick up a couple of things and saw some Halloween decorations already up.  I became so excited because Halloween is one of my favorite Holidays!!

Yeah, Larry's birthday!???

The good things are happening all around me. Plants, veggies, flowers all growing, birds singing, now an evening thunderstorm...:Zoo_Cloud::Zoo_Cart::Zoo_Flower::Zoo_Coffee:and I can't play harmonica either, it's ok:Zoo_Harmonica:

5 hours ago, hestia said:

Yeah, Larry's birthday!???

Cool, this reminds me of my ballet teacher when I was 7-8 years old was an Eastern, European lady who was a Halloween/Birthday kidtoo!!!

Hestia-By the way, I love a good thunderstorm probably because they remind me of originally being from Minnesota!!

15 minutes ago, illumination70 said:

Cool, this reminds me of my ballet teacher when I was 7-8 years old was an Eastern, European lady who was a Halloween/Birthday kidtoo!!!

Hestia-By the way, I love a good thunderstorm probably because they remind me of originally being from Minnesota!!

It's fun to watch from the porch. Lightning can be scary. Best use caution & stay still. ⚡? 

Put me right to sleep ?

9 hours ago, hestia said:

It's fun to watch from the porch. Lightning can be scary. Best use caution & stay still. ⚡? 

Iagree because you don't want to mess with Mother Nature!!

I received a card today from a friend, congratulating me on my degree :)

They also sent some money with the card - got to start saving up for the SOE tour!! 

I finished a 5k road race series called "Hot August Nights" which was once a week for 3 weeks.  I enjoy doing this run because it boosts a little community spirit and you get a cool, t-shirt too!!

I signed up for a workshop with one of my favorite authors. (for free I might add) ☺

Just might be more of a lecture, I'm pleased none the less