illumination70

What Good Thing Happened To You Today (Continued)

18 hours ago, illumination70 said:

I tried a new pizza place called "Mod Pizza"!!

The U2 Mods deserve this Pizza!

I'm getting better with my guitar playing.

• Like 1

I went to a local library book sale and got two paperbacks and a Teach Yourself French kit - all for £1.25p! The librarian put a discount on the language kit as the first CD is missing, but I still can't quite believe it. Those sets can cost £40-50 when they are new so I can only ever buy them secondhand - and I appear to have got this one for about 50p! :o 

Not that I'm complaining :D The book and the remaining CD are in perfectly good condition. 

This is why I *love* library sales.  

• Like 1

I got to get my recently chipped tooth fixed because my dentist now offers walk in appointments! I am so thankful it is covered on my plan too! 

Edited by natural11
Sore jaw but I am happy to have it done!

I finally found issue 15 of the Star Wars Poe Dameron comic that I've been trying to find for months!! I also found a Star Wars crochet set - and the lady at the till took £3 off the price because the box was a bit dented :D

7 minutes ago, padawanbeck84 said:

I finally found issue 15 of the Star Wars Poe Dameron comic that I've been trying to find for months!! I also found a Star Wars crochet set - and the lady at the till took £3 off the price because the box was a bit dented :D

Congratulations on this find and bargain, padawanbeck84! Enjoy it and your weekend!

???

22 hours ago, illumination70 said:

I paid a couple of bills!!!

I have a friend named Jill who always reminds me to reframe "I have to______" with  "I get to _______!" 

I get to do housekeeping today! Yay!! Ha ha!

Edited by natural11
Unlimited opportunities in every task we get to do!

I valued my self enough today to take time to give myself a home spa day! Pedi, mani, hair treatments, etc. Fun!

:lol::u2-1383::Zoo_Flower:

Edited by natural11

I talked to a friend on the phone I'd not spoken with in quite some time....I felt so good afterward!

:AT_AP::Zoo_Angel::A_Celebration:

Edited by natural11
Having fun with U2 emoji's I've not used until today!

I bumped into an old classmate of mine who I hadn't seen for about 17 years!! I was on the bus this morning, she got on it, recognised me and we got talking. It was especially nice as we hadn't always got on with each other in the past - we'd fallen out completely by the end of secondary school.

But now, catching up as grown adults, all that was put behind us. We chatted about life, family, work etc and it was just so good to re-connect.

Really got my day off to a good start.

Mine was actually yesterday when I attended the Grand Opening of a H&M store at a nearby mall.  After the visit, I scored a pair of work paints for 5 dollars after the Grand Opening coupon.  By the way I have a confession  to make, I've always been a penny pincher as a result of being brought up with the old saying "a penny saved is a penny earned".

I went to my mum's house today :) We had yummy home-made soup for lunch and she started teaching me how to crochet. I can now just about do basic chain stitching!

And I saw a U2 Pink Adam sticker in the local supermarket car park!! B) 

Someone leaked the new album and I got to hear it. I also got a new pair of sneakers to add to my collection. So overall it's been a good day. 

Edited by Damoratis

I put up a Christmas tree for the first time in 3 years. It's been hard to celebrate the holidays after my Mom passed away in 2015. This is a step toward healing.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, toyoracer said:

I put up a Christmas tree for the first time in 3 years. It's been hard to celebrate the holidays after my Mom passed away in 2015. This is a step toward healing.

I feel like we have an opportunity to "carry each other" this Holiday Season ((HUGS))

• Like 1

On 11/26/2017 at 6:17 PM, illumination70 said:

I got up early to attend church and Bible study.  As a result of doing so it's helping me cope with an emergency situation we're dealing with.

Good for you, illumination70! I've been doing the same the last few weeks. It helps to connect, share and worship with others.