illumination70

What Good Thing Happened To You Today (Continued)

2 hours ago, kastee said:

And what are Snickerdoodle cookies?

Kastee-Snickerdoodle cookies are a cinnamon-sugar cookie which are popular in the United States.  In fact, I included it for this year's recipe for the Zootopian Christmas Card Exchange!!

I spent the earliest part of this morning watching Star Wars: The Last Jedi at a midnight screening with loads of fellow nerds :D

I went for a walk in the late autumn sun at a park I completely forgot about in my city. Very quiet neighborhood...LOVELY DAY!

I bought a Christmas dress, didn't intend to, but it sort of just appeared in front of me :) , and I really like it now.

• Upvote 1

I used a gift that a family member gave me successfully....had a perfectly poached egg for my breakfast!

Edited by natural11

We had post! The heavy snow had meant that the post network in our area was messed up for several days, but deliveries got back to normal today - and I got 2 Zoo Christmas cards :D

I took a walk in yet another local park I normally do not go to...beautiful with the willow trees flowing in the light breeze.

This was yesterday's good thing a poetic bird siting...on my morning walk,  I saw a lone sea gull circling over the fairly busy street. I live about 140 miles away from the Pacific Ocean. We do see them inland, but the single gull caught my attention.  Moments after spying the gull,  a flock of Canada Geese flying in precision of a V formation appeared overhead honking in unison!  Creation sings to me in that moment. Ahhhh... Beautiful Day indeed!

:u2-1383:

Edited by natural11
I did not have a device with me to capture the moment.

my U2 sweater arrived just in time for Christmas!!! :)

1 hour ago, u2hl said:

my U2 sweater arrived just in time for Christmas!!! :)

You're going to properly rock Christmas! :D

My good things for today: the arrival of my Star Wars trading cards - although I'm not going to open the box until Christmas Day :)

I received a lovely card from a family friend, which also had £10 in it.

And on the way home from the library, there was a small child of about 2 years old who absolutely *loved* my hi-vis jacket. They kept pointing at it "Coat! Coat!", it was so cute :lol: 

On 12/23/2017 at 7:29 PM, illumination70 said:

All my Holiday Baking turned out  ok.  The goodies I made were 2 loaves of pumpkin bread and a batch of Rice Crispy treats!!

Great! I baked a loaf of bread that appeared almost an inedible because it was a little scorched for our Christmas dinner, but actually on the inside and some of the middle pieces it was actually okay! The good thing that happened to me was what looked like it was going to be a dry loaf of bread was enjoyed by all!

Edited by natural11

I have literally just received my Joshua Tree vinyl set :D

:Joshua_Tree_02:

Sadly I can't play them until next time I go to my Mum's. We do have a record player here at home, but I don't trust it! :lol:

I've added nearly 800 words to my novel draft so far today. I'm aiming to do another 200 or so to make a nice round 1000 word total for today.

I have so many unfinished novel drafts - need to get more of them finished! 

5 hours ago, padawanbeck84 said:

I've added nearly 800 words to my novel draft so far today. I'm aiming to do another 200 or so to make a nice round 1000 word total for today.

I have so many unfinished novel drafts - need to get more of them finished! 

Good job, Padawanbeck84! You inspire me  to go and do likewise.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, natural11 said:

Good job, Padawanbeck84! You inspire me  to go and do likewise.

I agree because putting together a novel is hard work!!  As for my "good thing" which happened today is I finally completed a month long work assignment!!