illumination70

What Good Thing Happened To You Today (Continued)

I watched the opening ceremony of the Olympics with about 3 billion other people in our world.   I thought of pain_18 when Romania marched.  I'm so happy the Italian couple skated so well last evening.  I don't recall Italians in figure skating and the Olympics before these.  I was happy the Canadians did so well.  I want the lady from Australia to take the gold in her skiing event.  A gold medal for skiing and from Australia?  I love it.

On 2/7/2018 at 4:26 PM, illumination70 said:

I found my keys!!

Were they in your hand or your pocket?  That's where I generally find mine.

I received my book today that I won in the giveaway :)

I also bought a ticket for a film showing as part of a local community film festival. The film is called "Logan Lucky" and the screening is in a couple of weeks' time. I'm excited to finally watch it as I missed seeing it at the cinema. 

Went to a home and garden show where I got in for free (my bank gave out free passes) and learned about the propagating of roses and how to plant and care for succulent plants. There's even a local club for succulent plant enthusiasts.  I also met a gourd artist and a photographer who are offering classes I may take! Fun day! ???

It's always nice to learn something new, isn't it @natural11  :)

I read out a short story at writing group today - and it moved one lady to tears. In a nice way (hopefully) rather than being disturbing. The rest of the group liked it too. I also found about another local writers' group who are hoping to start up a magazine. I will get in touch with them and see if I can get to their next meeting.

1 hour ago, padawanbeck84 said:

It's always nice to learn something new, isn't it @natural11  :)

I read out a short story at writing group today - and it moved one lady to tears. In a nice way (hopefully) rather than being disturbing. The rest of the group liked it too. I also found about another local writers' group who are hoping to start up a magazine. I will get in touch with them and see if I can get to their next meeting.

padawanbeck84, this is wonderful news!  I am thrilled for you and the writing group! The power of art and literature is so amazing!

I took some pictures to get framed - and it cost less than expected B)

I bought a number of paintings and sketches at conventions last year, but hadn't been able to find frames for them. I look forward to collecting them once they're ready. 

One of them is a U2 painting :D It's going to look very smart on my wall.

My ticket arrived for Manchester B) 

I have put it in a safe place - I just hope that when we get to October, I can still remember where that safe place is :lol:

(This was actually yesterday morning, but it is a good thing that happened....)

I checked out a book from the library that that fellow Zootop pain_18_ recommended titled

The Secret Book of Frida Kahlo, A Novel  

by F.G. Haghenbeck. I had requested it a couple of weeks ago because it was not in my town's library.  They got it from the Kern County library! I am so thankful for this request system that my area has in place!!

It is EXCELLENT ! Thanks again for the recommendation, pain_18_!!!

:Zoo_Star::Zoo_Star::Zoo_Star::Zoo_Star:

Edited by natural11
  • Brilliant 1

It did not snow by me.  It's been difficult with a dog lately.  It finally warmed up and the snow is disappearing and in two weeks it's March and things begin to grow.  I also went to mass for Ash Wednesday and my Godfather, who is a priest, was celebrating.  It was great.

10 hours ago, illumination70 said:

I did a little exploring which included a visit to a nearby mall. which was huge and had numerous sales!!

That sounds fun. It's always nice to explore new places.

I went to a local library today. I had checked online as to which one had a certain book in stock and when I got there, I found the book I wanted - plus 2 more :D

• Like 1

It's Saturday and I get to watch English Football in a little bit.

I also found out that Imagine Dragons is the opening headliner for Summerfest in Milwaukee, WI USA.  I am gonna wait and scoop up a single ticket before the show.  I'm spending way too much money on concerts so I have to wait until June but they'll be at least a single seat up front.

I went out to a family dinner and got to meet my baby great-nephew for the first time :)

Oh - and my mum and step-dad announced that they got married on Valentine's Day! :wub:  They've been together 20 years now and decided to have a quiet wedding without any fuss. 

I noticed I broke 100 in my community reputation on U2.com.   I celebrated by reporting all the red zone tix being scalped on Stubhub to one of the moderators.

Good for you @Manohlive We all have to do our bit against scalpers.

I collected my pictures from the framer's earlier today. They look lovely and smart - and yes, there is a U2 painting in there :D

U2Resized.jpg