illumination70

What Good Thing Happened To You Today (Continued)

Walks are lovely at this time of year, aren't they? :)

I've just bought another set of Star Wars cards :D

Hobby boxes of the New Hope Black & White set are £57 each, but you needed 3 or 4 boxes to get a full base set and I couldn't afford that. Then a trading group friend offered a complete base set for £35 - and he's throwing in some of the inserts as well. I couldn't turn that down.

Just finished a new song....so that's pretty good. (edit:LOL that's picture's way bigger than I expected).

3 hours ago, bluegrace said:

I applied for a writer's grant

Good for you - I hope you get it!

I reached my writing goal for today - I was aiming for 1700 words and wrote over 2000 B)

:Boomcha:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, padawanbeck84 said:

Good for you - I hope you get it!

I reached my writing goal for today - I was aiming for 1700 words and wrote over 2000 B)

:Boomcha:

Way to go.

4 hours ago, bluegrace said:

I applied for a writer's grant

Good for you.  You've my admiration.

Happy Easter or Passover or rebalancing of the universe or anything that makes it all good...to all.

Edited by Manohlive
forgot my good thang

We've figured out a space where I can fit a desk! :D

I'm sick of getting leg cramps from sitting on the floor to write, but don't currently have anywhere else. The dining room table is half full of other stuff (and obviously needed at mealtimes) so I don't have a dedicated writing/study space. 

Hopefully that's about to change!

• Like 1

And now we've bought a desk. Found one second-hand that's both smart *and* affordable - and will be delivered tomorrow at the latest.

I'm going to feel very professional now B)

• Like 1

My desk was delivered at lunchtime - and a set of trading cards arrived safe and sound too :) 

Latest I've ever known the postie come round though - 6.45pm! :o

• Like 2

4 hours ago, illumination70 said:

I got a haircut which included a shampoos, wash and style for $5 at a nearby beauty school,  

It's good to treat yourself - and so cool that you can support people learning their trade at the same time :)

i finally received my collector tickets for Berlin concert!!!!! :)

• Like 2

I got a dear friend of mine to laugh.  Her mom died and she's sufferering the anxiety of fearing her own mortality.  I reminded her of the faith we share and that one day it will all make sense and it will all be heavenly.  She agreed.  She's so sweet and so kind.  I'm very fortunate to be able to call her one of my best friends for the past 35 years.  She's even afraid to drive now.  I got her laughing.  She even agreed to let me drive to Chicago so we can go to the Art Institute of Chicago.  It's taken a lot of prodding but she agreed to go-they are currently having a Rodin exhibit which we are both excited to see. It's the little things...this made me think of that song.

Edited by Manohlive
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, u2hl said:

i finally received my collector tickets for Berlin concert!!!!! :)

Can you post a photo?  I've never seen U2 collector tickets.  Isn't it a great feeling to go to the mailbox and see concert tickets?   

On 4/3/2018 at 2:29 PM, padawanbeck84 said:

We've figured out a space where I can fit a desk! :D

I'm sick of getting leg cramps from sitting on the floor to write, but don't currently have anywhere else. The dining room table is half full of other stuff (and obviously needed at mealtimes) so I don't have a dedicated writing/study space. 

Hopefully that's about to change!

I went to the Santa Barbara Writer's Conference every year for over a decade.  I was very fortunate to be able to do so.  We had a small, independent publishing company at the time.  It was a tax write-off and we were able to drum up business.  Charles Schulz (Peanuts) opened the conference at 4 in the afternoon every year.  Ray Bradbury delivered the opening key note at 8 pm every year.  Charles Schulz and Ray Bradbury in one day!  I met and talked with many great writers.  More importantly, I got to hear them speak.  Ray Bradbury could make a cockroach want to write. I was so blessed.  They were both in the lobby signing books and talking with people after their speeches.  I was very fortunate to get to know each of them a teency little bit.  (Anyone could have done so.  I claim no specialness.)  Over the years, I asked each of them about writing when they were signing whatever books I had purchased.  I got to speak quite a bit with Mr. Bradbury.  He told me that nobody is a writer unless he or she is sitting at the typewriter for three hours a day. He also told me to have a space specifically for writing. I cannot believe I can say this about the man who wrote Farenheit 451.  I was so lucky. Anyone could have gone.  I'm not bragging.  I saw where you are challenging yourself to write so many words each day.  Now you are designating a place to write.  I look forward to the day that you are signing a copy of your book(s) for me.  Your dedication inspires me.  It makes me take myself to task when I've not been putting in enough effort.  I'm glad you are so dedicated at an earlier age than when I started to take writing seriously. 

One question:  WHERE do you put all these books and drawings and memorabilia?  I've got boxes of books and no more room for bookcases.  What is your secret?????  I sincerely admire your dedication.  Everything I write is brilliant at bedtime but then it's poop in the morning.  WHYYYYY??????   :blink:

Edited by Manohlive

@Manohlive Thank you for sharing both your amazing memories and such kind words.

As for where I put everything, I have 9 bookcases in my house - and have added extra shelves to them where I can so that I can fit even more books in :) It *is* getting to the point that I can't see where we can fit another one, but I do occasionally sort through the books and send some to charity shops or donate them to the library if I no longer want them. Most of the action figures also fit on bookcases and the card folders have a special shelf too. 

My only worry is if I have to move house - looking at the size of new-build houses these days, there's no way they'd have enough space for my books :o

I participated in a life changing live stream with USC Keck School of Medicine Art Rx Symposium in Honor of Robin Williams today! I see it as having the potential to be a  career game changer for me as I take initiative following it! New possibilities! Now I must TAKE ACTION!

https://possibilities.edu/forum

Edited by natural11
  • Like 1

Today's post brought me some stickers from a trading partner - and the Pacific Rim soundtrack CD from a well-known online shop.

Hopefully such energetic music will power me through my current assignment :)