illumination70

What Good Thing Happened To You Today (Continued)

I "met" (3 photos with him on my phone with the Barnes and Noble banner behind us) Julian Lennon at a book signing Friday night!  His book titled Heal the Earth written for children is EXCEPTIONAL! Go buy one! It helps the White Feather Foundation.  Such a lovely man with a message for us all!! ?❤✍?

Edited by natural11

I went to the library and supervised my Dad, who is training as one of our volunteer librarians. 

And I had a really good writing day - wrote over 2,300 words of my novel B)

I made a positive choice because instead of panicking due to hard, financial times, I chose to get prepared by stocking up on grape nuts, almond milk, instant coffee and bargain-brand soda.  I've decided going out for coffee and lunch adds up so fate can bring on the "lean times" because this  woman is ready!!!

• Like 2
  • Brilliant 1

Money stress is horrible but luckily most of us can make adjustments and get by until things back on track.  It's just a pain to make those adjustments.

I was at the gym last night, finished my spin class and was just exhausted. I normally will follow my spin class with a Barre or yoga class. I was just so tired... I was thinking there was a couple of Taco Bell burritos and a comfy couch in my sights. At the last moment, literally had my bag and walking out the door and the little gym angel on my shoulder stopped me. I did the Barre class...and put a decent effort in. My ass and abs feel it. No taco Bell either. YAY for good decision making! ???

I'm trying to cut down on spending too. Finding a job is tough :(

As for my good thing, I was at the library today doing my usual volunteer stint when a man came in. He hasn't been in for a while and was surprised to find a member of staff. I explained that we have volunteers in most days of the week now and he was really happy to find that. Made me feel happy to be appreciated :)

• Brilliant 1

I found a lovely little independent bookshop I'd never been to before. They had a box of Advance Reading Copies that you could take for free (because it's not legal to sell ARCs). 

I found one in there that I wanted, then found 2 regular novels that I'd also been looking for and bought those B) 

AND I found 7 more books in 3 charity shops that I visited :D

I resolved an ongoing argument.  I realized the other person was being a total dick in our final talk.  I use the word final because I realized I'm done trying to be friends.  How many times can a person say, "I'm sorry", and mean it even though no apology is necessary?  I feel sorry for him.  He has no friends. He comes from a brutally abusive past.  It's good I'm not going to get manipulated any longer.  It's good I realize it's hopeless because he chooses it to be. I embrace hope.     wow     Drama.  oh no!

I've been dancing and singing my freaking ass off all day and it feels fricking wonderful.   I also have the sweetest Irish Terrier in the world sleeping with his head right next to me on the couch.  He's 17.  I'm loving every single second and it's good.

Edited by Manohlive

7 hours ago, padawanbeck84 said:

I found a lovely little independent bookshop I'd never been to before. They had a box of Advance Reading Copies that you could take for free (because it's not legal to sell ARCs). 

I found one in there that I wanted, then found 2 regular novels that I'd also been looking for and bought those B) 

AND I found 7 more books in 3 charity shops that I visited :D

I'm envious you've so many bookshops waiting to be discovered.   I'm happy from your passion for the written word in physical books.  I hope your writing is going well, paw.

I got really good feedback on one of my short stories from fellow members of my writer's group - so I'm going to submit it to hopefully be published in our new magazine.

It's especially heartening given that my latest uni assignment didn't do very well, so I needed cheering up. I don't think my style fits well with the course, but my tutor is still very encouraging.

You could write about a boy wizard called Barry Rotter and his adventures at Sowboils school without infringing any copyright.......

keep at it Padawan!??

Edited by doctornickriviera

I found out what really matters and what does not! My friends and family (that really know me well) came through for me in tremendous ways yesterday! I am so grateful !

Technically this counts as earlier this morning.

I stayed up past midnight to watch a live broadcast on Facebook by a Star Wars collector friend, who was opening a case of trading cards. In the 9th box of the case, he pulled an extremely rare dual autograph card with the autos of Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca) and Harrison Ford (Han Solo).

When I say *extremely* rare, there's only 3 of them in existence.

He was crying happy tears, those of us watching were crying happy tears... amazing to be able to share a moment like that with a friend. He's a long-time collector and that's the best card he's ever got.

So happy for him - and happy that the card was found by a *genuine* fan rather than someone who'll just flog it on Ebay.

12 hours ago, illumination70 said:

I learned instant coffee is no  substitute for the regular stuff!!

No never. Any instant coffee presenting itself as expressi is a sad and inferior imposter imo!

I asked the library to order a comic book that was out of stock - and I've just had an email to say that it's on the way B)

I found out that Dawes, one of my top three bands, is releasing a new CD called Passwords on June 22.  woo hoo.  They are my favorite live act because it's $30 and they tour a lot.  They are currently touring with ELO as an opening act. That's close to $200 and huge venues so I had to skip their scheduled show in Chicago. The release of the new CD means they will do their own headlining tour as well.  I couldn't be more excited. 

Edited by Manohlive

On 4/23/2018 at 1:12 PM, padawanbeck84 said:

I got really good feedback on one of my short stories from fellow members of my writer's group - so I'm going to submit it to hopefully be published in our new magazine.

I'm happy for you, padawanbeck84.  How many times have I called you paw?  I'm sorry.  ?