illumination70

What Good Thing Happened To You Today (Continued)

Also, at the library this morning, someone returned a book - and it was one that I've wanted to read for a while. So I borrowed it B)

I thought of padawanbeck84.   I wanted to get a pic of Harley's.  It was a rain wash out.  It has been flooding rain here but I tried, Pad.  I'm searching a good one on the websites.

Went to a tasty and nice dinner yesterday, then we went to get some walnut bread, that I had this morning for breakfast. Delicious.

Edited by bluegrace

I had a day out and delivered about 150 trading cards to a friend. 

I now have considerably less swaps to keep track of! :D

This weekend I worked an event which encouraged pet adoption.  It was so fun being a part of a cause I believe in and seeing all the adorable, fuzzy faces of the dogs and cats too!!

• Like 1
  • Brilliant 1

I went to the comic shop today and two good things happened: firstly, they gave me a free BB-8 badge - the owner had got some badges at a convention and thought the BB-8 one was idea for me. I'm sure I've got a trading card that matches the design!

Then as I was browsing, I bumped into a friend who I hadn't seen for a few months. I didn't know he came to the same shop. We had a good natter an it was lovely to catch up :)

• Like 1

I recieved an email from Live Nation informing me that my 2018 subscriber vinyl has finally shipped.

• Like 1

I bought the new edition of the X-Wing miniatures game - and got a 15% discount plus some exclusive cards B)

And ships from the previous edition *can* still be used once you have conversion sets to adjust them to the new manoeuver dials - so I don't have to worry about buying new versions of ships I already have :)

I thought I was going to have to put my dog to sleep for good but he rallied and I still have time left with him.  He could not even stand or walk and now he's eating and drinking again so I've at least a few more days with Bruff.

I also just found out that a baby panda was born at the Milwaukee County Zoo, where I live.  (In Milwaukee....this is the only Zoo I can call home.)  I'm very tired because I've been up for a couple days caring for Bruff.  From what I could see-it is a red panda and he is very, very cute.  My gosh is he or she adorable.  Time to get some sleep with my baby lying next to me only he's going on 18 years old...still my baby boy.

• Like 2

I found some trading card folders. Not the *exact* ones I wanted, but they'll do for now - and when I do get the larger folders, I'll be able to use these two for the cards that come with my X-Wings :)

Enjoy your time with Bruff @Manohlive make the most of every moment.

It's tough loving a being who's life span is destined to be shorter than our own. My heart goes out to you, I've been there too.

• Thanks 1

It was a red panda which was born at the Milwaukee County Zoo.  He's so cute.  I can resist posting a pic.  He's so darn cute.  I'm anticipating a huge day for his first official appearance.

Red Panda Cub

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 9/15/2018 at 3:30 AM, CorkVegan said:

Enjoy your time with Bruff @Manohlive make the most of every moment.

It's tough loving a being who's life span is destined to be shorter than our own. My heart goes out to you, I've been there too.

He rallied. He's at my ex's right now and comes back tomorrow.  It's great he was able to go to his old house.  I would not have allowed it had he not rallied.  I don't like my ex but am glad they both are having time together.  It's all good for now  I also get to say hello to him tomorrow and it's anew because he's been gone. Love that. It makes every single moment count.   I'm intensely aware of how precious life is and how much we need each other.  He's getting extra special scratches 24/7. .

• Like 1

Great news @Manohlive  ?

My good news for the day is that my 2018 fan club vinyl just arrived.

Recycled remixes from thirty years ago are a bit underwhelming but at least I finally received the item that I paid for almost a year ago.

I visited my Mum this afternoon and came home with 1 pound of her homegrown tomatoes plus a recipe for making tomato soup  :)

It's Mum's birthday tomorrow so I was dropping off her card.

Her tomato plants have done *so* well, she's up to her ears in them :lol:

I received 4 mini-boxes of trading cards this morning when I only paid for one. I'm an honest person, so I contacted the company, put 3 minis aside to return and kept one. Then I opened it.

And hit a dual autograph! Numbered 2/10 B) 

Honesty is always the best policy :) 

Yesterday I made fish soup with saffron and shrimps and cheese scones to go with it. Delicious.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bluegrace said:

Yesterday I made fish soup with saffron and shrimps and cheese scones to go with it. Delicious.

You've made me hungry just reading that :lol: 

I made home-made soup using the tomatoes my Mum gave me. It turned out quite nice for a first attempt, although I'll need to add more tomato puree next time.

• Like 1

On 9/25/2018 at 11:43 PM, padawanbeck84 said:

I made home-made soup using the tomatoes my Mum gave me. It turned out quite nice for a first attempt, although I'll need to add more tomato puree next time.

Home-made soup is the best at this time of year!